Builds White 1989 62 (Clean Slate) Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I found this 62 in North Dakota 4/2/19. Bought "sight-unseen" Well, I gambled... and will begin work on needs and wants.

It's a great starting point. It is high mileage at 300 and change but a huge stack of reciepts paint a picture of many repairs to the vital systems over the years. Clean interior with what looks like David's carpet kit. Uncracked dash! factory roof rack with runners. Missing passenger snake blinder (can't decide to ditch or go hunting). Drives out nice. Even idle with no smoke or leaks (yet).

First order of business is baselining all fluids and greasing everything under it. It will need some attention in the brake department! Also running down some electrical gremlins (horn, 4WD light, slow windows, etc. etc.) Tie rod ends will be up there on the list as well. As for other stuff, wheels and tires HAVE GOT TO GO! Going with the ol' 40 wheel and 33/10.5 KO2s. Needs a new head unit.

Can't decide yet what it want to be. Built with bumpers and sliders and such, or go similar to the Surfer build. It is no where NEAR as nice as that one and would work both ways I think. Pics. to follow on and on...

How she sits now.
IMG_2842.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG
IMG_2854.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG

wow, didn't leave you a lot of obvious work to do when you are just looking at it from the pics. If you guys have another wrench day on a Saturday let me know. I would love to drive down and ask questions. Mine is a long way from where it was when yall were changing out Alex's tranny. I figured you would buy something that needed some lipstick on it. Probably nice to be starting from that point in a lot of ways.

Yeah @John Staton, it was worth the nail biting and drama. I'm very happy. The white hides a good bit of touch ups over the years but is dry and rust free! There have been grumblings of another work day soon (maybe before it get too hot).

Sub’d!
That is a great find!
I hope you wear a grin from this for a long time!
I would love to join you in your quest for slow window fix!
(It’s not bad when it’s warm, but makes me cringe in the cool weather.)
Wrench on!

I would love to join you in your quest for slow window fix!
It’s called a 60s series... hello...
Im great at it, even reaching over to front passenger side and rear drivers side door, rear passenger is where I keep having all the problems...:rofl:

It’s called a 60s series... hello...
Im great at it, even reaching over to front passenger side and rear drivers side door, rear passenger is where I keep having all the problems...:rofl:
I know that drill! My rotator cuff remembers it well from the Travelall.
I was referring to the “more cosmopolitan” electric windows of the “refined and luxurious” FJ 62.

I have never had an uncracked dash before!

Horn, slow windows, and 4wd light are all common issues with well documented solutions so shouldn’t give you too much headache.

I say search for the snakeblinder since it’s such a clean truck and it can’t hurt to try!

What a beaut!

So Jelly right now bro, it looks great as is but we know you'll make it look even better.:cheers:

Yeah, it's a great start. Having a blast tearing into the thousand little things so far.

@Senorx OOH TWINSIES!!! Call me old school but I will be rocking the white letters, and maybe painting the steelies the late 40 grey (darker). I just found my Y.O.M. plates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom