Where to buy transmission solenoids? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi ya'll!

I've searched for more than an hour :confused: because I KNOW this info is somewhere.. but can you tell me where to buy transmission solenoids for the A442f? I need a S2 and ST solenoids.

Are all of the solenoids the same PN?

Also if you know what the ST solenoid does, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You can get them from several places, but I recommend the dealer on this one. I got mine from BENO (I think??). The solenoids are NOT all the same part number. The first and second one are and those are generally the ones that need to be replaced. The third and fourth are different part numbers.

Transmission/Transfer Case : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts

From CDan or BENO, they usually run about $150 each.

Can't really tell you about the ST solenoid function, mine was fine. Virtually every thread I've seen replacing the first two fixed the issue. Some do all 4 solenoids as PM, but at $150 each, I didn't replace what I thought was fine. Replacing the first two for me fixed my slipping issues.

http://www.moranbahweather.com/toyota/100series/lc_70_fzj10/rm/rm616e/m_di_0146.pdf

A442F Solenoid Operation

Also found this here RTH - A442F shift solenoids - which is which?

"As you may know, the A442 is apparently the same thing as an AW450-43le, a truck transmission produced out of the union between Aisin-Warner. You can purchase solenoids that are listed for the AW450 for under $50 each at cobratransmission.com. ... Cobra is not the only place to find these but they are the cheapest I found.

Shift 1 and 2- D49422A
Lockup- D49425A
Timing- D49421A
(800)293-1848"​

Also found this here RTH - A442F shift solenoids - which is which?

"As you may know, the A442 is apparently the same thing as an AW450-43le, a truck transmission produced out of the union between Aisin-Warner. You can purchase solenoids that are listed for the AW450 for under $50 each at cobratransmission.com. ... Cobra is not the only place to find these but they are the cheapest I found.

Shift 1 and 2- D49422A
Lockup- D49425A
Timing- D49421A
(800)293-1848"​

So the solenoids are a match are they? I need to replace all four so at the dealer price its like $700 for all OWCH!!

The a442f has 4 solenoids? The newer a343f only has 3. Interesting

Hi ya'll!

I've searched for more than an hour :confused: because I KNOW this info is somewhere.. but can you tell me where to buy transmission solenoids for the A442f? I need a S2 and ST solenoids.

Are all of the solenoids the same PN?

Also if you know what the ST solenoid does, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!
Check out Transmissionpartsus.com. The Aisin Warner AW450-43LE is the same transmission. The solenoids are about $50 each and the same exact part you will buy at the dealership. S1 and S2- D49422A. Timing Solenoid-D49425A.

Just an update for the S1 and S2 solenoids:

Transmissionpartsus.com D49422A: $11.65
cobratransmission.com D49422A: $48.99

I ordered the one for s1 and s2 last week, and they should be here either today or tomorrow. I wanted to see how different they actually were, and at $30 I thought it was worth knowing. My 93 intermittently starts in second, so it is not that big of a problem yet. I will let you know once they come in.

So, after 10 business days and no parts I decided it was time to check in with transmissionspartsus.com. Neither phone number from the order e-mail works, and I have not gotten a response on my e-mail asking about the order. I would say buyer beware, but I'm not all too surprised. We'll see what happens, but I'm open to any other vendor recommendations for these solenoids.

I just bought two of these from Transtar for 11.57 each. They found them by cross referencing the D49422A number above. I’ll post back if they don’t fit when I install them in a few weeks.

I just installed these and they are indeed the same part. They did not say Aisan on them… But they were an exact fit. And they came in to factory Isuzu boxes.

I just installed these and they are indeed the same part. They did not say Aisan on them… But they were an exact fit. And they came in to factory Isuzu boxes.
Hows it running so far, thinking about replacing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom