A442F Transmission issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not certain but speed sensor or temperature sensor.
Now,
If this truck drives well when locked in low range then you DO NOT have a transmission problem that I can think of.
Please verify that this is the case. Drive it around through all ranges of acceleration.

I drove out about for about 5 kms and back home. Driving is the same - erratic gear shifting and loss of power.

I tried to drive with Transfer Case in L, but the car could hardly move, so I changed back to H.

Just checked and DTC 38 is back (it had earlier disappeared after I disconnected batteries). Likely I have ATF temperature sensor issue since google searches point to DTC 38 being related to ATF temperature sensor malfunction.

Opened up all solenoids yesterday and found all, except timing solenoid, to be defective. Planning next move.

Opened up all solenoids yesterday and found all, except timing solenoid, to be defective. Planning next move.
It’s the first thing that you should check on a A442F if you’re having shifting issues.
Some Isuzus use the same transmission. The shift Solenoids can be had for a fraction of the cost of the Toyota ones.
If you have trouble find them I can go through my receipts and get you the numbers.

It’s the first thing that you should check on a A442F if you’re having shifting issues.
Some Isuzus use the same transmission. The shift Solenoids can be had for a fraction of the cost of the Toyota ones.
If you have trouble find them I can go through my receipts and get you the numbers.
Please get me the numbers. I appreciate.

I tested the solenoids again and ths time all four failed.

Here you go. note that two of them are the same

Solenoid 450-43LE
1) 97202074
1) 97202073
2) 97202072

We completed another transmission rebuild today - including valve body replacement. The issue has been resolved and the car is now firing like a new rocket (even better than it was before). We only pray that it maintains that status.

An important note: although the label in the engine bay indicates that my car uses transmission type A442F, there is no label or indication on the transmission itself. So, I am not even sure whether it is A442F.

All available literature suggest that transmission A442F uses 15 liters of transmission fluid on dry fill. In my case, I have consistently used only 11.5 liters all the three times we dropped the transmission and drained all fluid (even in torque converter). This has really confused me.

For now, all is well though I spent nearly thrice the amount that I should actually have spent if I had at first used this last mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom