Transmission label (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On an automatic transmission system, where can i find the type/name of the transmission, e.g. A442F? Is it engraved or printed anywhere on the transmission?

I seriously want to confirm the transmission type on my car directly without relying on the label in the engine bay.

Many thanks.

I don't know about where it is on the transmission itself, but your vin label in the door jamb should show which transmission your cruiser had originally. Mine is listed down at the bottom, just to the left of the model (FZJ80L-GNPEKA).

Also, your sig says you have a 100... just making sure you know this is the 80 forum.

I don't know about where it is on the transmission itself, but your vin label in the door jamb should show which transmission your cruiser had originally. Mine is listed down at the bottom, just to the left of the model (FZJ80L-GNPEKA).

Also, your sig says you have a 100... just making sure you know this is the 80 forum.
Yes, i know this is 80-series forum.

The engine bay of my car has a label which shows that my transmission is A442F.

Someone on the 100-series forum also confirmed that my type of car uses A442F. He advised me to ask about a current transmission issue on the 80-series forum since 80-series also uses transmission A442F.

I want to confirm directly on the transmission because there is a possibility that the original transmission was changed by previous owner.

IIRC the 100 series came with the A343F transmission and it is very different than the A442F and can be identified externally.

1708446786725.png

Hope this answers your question.

IIRC the 100 series came with the A343F transmission and it is very different than the A442F and can be identified externally.

View attachment 3562370

Hope this answers your question.
Then that would mean it was a blunder for them to indicate on the engine bay label that the transmission is A442F.

I did quite some bit of research and many people suggest that LC 100 Diesel (up to year 2002) uses transmission A442F. This is the category of my car (and it is UK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom