Where did you go with your Mini Truck or 4Runner this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauna Kea. testdrive after installing hy-steer and power steering.

3945D070-9AAE-4D0C-AD09-15302DA348CA.jpeg

Yer gonna need another truck though. That one is too nice to get filthy!

Interested in the interior side panels as well.
No way. As soon as there's a bed and sliders on there, we're hitting the trail.

@hiluxjeremy dude... that first pic. Damn.
Do you guys do Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets to lead through the virgin snow? ;)

@hiluxjeremy dude... that first pic. Damn.
Do you guys do Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who gets to lead through the virgin snow? ;)

Lol.. something like that. The truck in front has the toughest job, breaking trail often means a lot of heavy throttle as long as progress is being made, then backing up to hit it again just before getting buried. Usually try and rotate trucks so nobody has to do all the slugging. Sometimes only the biggest rubber and most power in the group can get the job done, often an 80 series on 37's or bigger. Snow conditions make a big difference.

Those are the first beacons that I've seen that were "bent". Reason is obvious, just none of the 1/2 dozen or so that I've been to in NV had that feature.

From what I understand you can turn that into a hobby all by itself. The friend of mine who has located those that I've been to spends a not insignificant amount of time on google Earth & Maps to locate them, and then when possible flys his RV7 over where he thinks that should be to confirm before we even start the ground trip. He's a bit A-R.......

From what I understand you can turn that into a hobby all by itself. The friend of mine who has located those that I've been to spends a not insignificant amount of time on google Earth & Maps to locate them, and then when possible flys his RV7 over where he thinks that should be to confirm before we even start the ground trip. He's a bit A-R.......
I believe that for sure! I found the ones in Utah, by using a database that had their coordinates, and then going through each one on Google Earth to verify that they were still there, and accessible. Some in Central Utah have parts of the foundation for the little building that was attached to the arrow. I'd love to find those.

There's at least one in NV that still has the building! It was not easy to get to. I looked, I don't have a pic of it.

Do have a partial of another from the same trip last Spring. This one had a runway and was a service/fuel stop. The guys stationed there must have had some spare time when they were forming to pour their little community's curbs as they were all like that.
i-fg7J73g-M.jpg

i-PShzNZN-M.jpg

There's at least one in NV that still has the building! It was not easy to get to. I looked, I don't have a pic of it.

Do have a partial of another from the same trip last Spring. This one had a runway and was a service/fuel stop. The guys stationed there must have had some spare time when they were forming to pour their little community's curbs as they were all like that.
i-fg7J73g-M.jpg

i-PShzNZN-M.jpg
That's super cool! I can imagine the spare time they had on their hands haha.

Self-isolated in western Arizona for a few days.

Breaking rules.jpg

Back out to self-isolate in southern New Mexico.

IMGP2049-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Finally put the Softopper on, did rear diff fluid change then took my 16 year old daughter out to a parking lot to teach her how to drive a standard transmission. It was a good weekend.

IMG_3473.jpg

Finally put the Softopper on, did rear diff fluid change then took my 16 year old daughter out to a parking lot to teach her how to drive a standard transmission. It was a good weekend.

View attachment 2262744
Ummm, that rear bumper looks like a Stout Equipment without the tire carrier.

I learned to drive a stick in the dirt. It didn't matter if I spun the tires learning. I also taught a young teenage girl how to drive a stick in the dirt using low range. I just had her pull out the clutch slow without giving it gas. That way she was able to see how the clutch worked.

Ummm, that rear bumper looks like a Stout Equipment without the tire carrier.

I learned to drive a stick in the dirt. It didn't matter if I spun the tires learning. I also taught a young teenage girl how to drive a stick in the dirt using low range. I just had her pull out the clutch slow without giving it gas. That way she was able to see how the clutch worked.

This is the only way to teach somebody I think, sadly it took me 3 crying girlfriends to learn that :flipoff2: Somehow the last one is still around - and can grab gears in the RHD and LHD alike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom