Where can I find door key blanks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '69 FJ40, and finally decided to get some keys made for the doors. My local locksmith had one blank, and is having trouble locating more. Anyone know where I can get more at?

Taylor blank# T74X, supposed to cross to Ilco# TA12

Thanks!

If you have the cross reference for the Ilco's I would look at your local Ace Hardware. I now for sure they stock the Ilco brand

I get mine from a local locksmith... I have to special order them in packs of 30 or something though...

some are.......some are not. Your best bet is an older dealership that might have them on the board, ordering them is a PITA.....bet most dealers wouldn't even try.

I found a local locksmith with blanks for my 64 and 66, it was a Taylor, got my 65 at the dealer. Ordered some others for the 64 from the dealer, all were wrong.

Aalien said:
The local dealer told me they were not available....

There is a place out east that is on line...cannot find the link right now, but this has been out here before...

If nothing else, I can ask a customer, as he ordered key blanks from them a year ago or so...

I went through this when the ignition switch went out. I got a new key with the new switch. Looked everywhere for a blank before I gave up. Unfortunately I tossed the old key and forgot it was also the key to the gas tank. Oops! I now have to pry it open every time I get gas. I think the seperate ring I keep for the 40 has 5 keys on it.
Door, ignition, Tuffy console, spare tire, steering wheel lock.

If you have the code from the lock cylinder, I can cut a key to match, assuming I have your blank in stock (I have most I think?)

S.O.R. has the blanks in stock

A local locksmith said they would cut thme if I could get them the "discontinued" door lock blanks for my 73 fj40.

I went to either Lowes or Home Depot for keys for both my 40s. I'm sure either would work. The keys are a bit longer than the original but work great. They just stick out of the key slot a little more than ususal. It is a standard Toyota key blank, at least it is for my 76 and 77.

I went to either Lowes or Home Depot for keys for both my 40s. I'm sure either would work. The keys are a bit longer than the original but work great. They just stick out of the key slot a little more than ususal. It is a standard Toyota key blank, at least it is for my 76 and 77.

The 73 has a separate, single sidded door key distinct from the ignition key. Don't really know if this is a stock configuration but acording to the Honolulu hardware stores Home Depot, City Mill (didn't try lowe's this time) teh blank has been discontinued. It is possible that there is a bit of "we use teh same key blamk vendor" as this is an island. We get allot of that here.

i've had a local key place "make" keys from others that are close. worse comes to worse, you might be able to have that done.

Did you say "Dorky blanks"?

I found a local locksmith that had the TA12 blanks in stock to fit my 64 doors completely by accident. Just look for the most run-down hole-in-the-wall locksmith that looks like he's been in the same little building for 55 years. He'll have them. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom