Where can I find door key blanks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

X2 Sor

I guess a '78 uses a different key blank than you are looking for. I went to a very large ACE Hardware and they made replacement keys for the ignition(once replaced), doors/first gas door and second gas door. They were the right length and work everytime. Someone from Tucson posted on a thread that there was a local locksmith that can rekey these locks, which is a difficult task.

Does anyone have a keyless entry on a 40?

Yup.

attachment.php

To add a bit more info, the key I had made at my little hole-in-the-wall locksmith is on a blank labeled "TA12" (like the Ilco number), but has the name "Dominion Lock Company, Montreal, Can."

I have no idea if they're still in business, but there you go.

I've been using a Ilco TR33-P Plastic blank. I can find them at my local "Do It Best" Hardware store. in red, blue, black, anc Green. Iam not sure if they are still made, so I bought all he had. I do take them to my local lock smith to have them cut off the factory code. My Fj40 is a 1978.

Do a quick Google search on Ilco TR33-P and you will get lots of hits.

bezel_650.jpg

I've been using a Ilco TR33-P Plastic blank. I can find them at my local "Do It Best" Hardware store. in red, blue, black, anc Green. Iam not sure if they are still made, so I bought all he had. I do take them to my local lock smith to have them cut off the factory code. My Fj40 is a 1978.

Do a quick Google search on Ilco TR33-P and you will get lots of hits.

bezel_650.jpg

That is good info for the 1975 and later door/lock assembly....however it is not applicable to the 1974 and earlier door/lock assembly...(1969)

:beer:

I have a '69 FJ40, and finally decided to get some keys made for the doors. My local locksmith had one blank, and is having trouble locating more. Anyone know where I can get more at?

Taylor blank# T74X, supposed to cross to Ilco# TA12

Thanks!

KEY-MEN.com

I used them, and they were great. Emailed them the code stamped on my 1971 locksets, and they sent me cut keys that worked perfect. Also ordered a few extra blanks.

I bought a Taylor T74 off ebay, however, it is NOT the same Taylor T74 that came with my 68, the grooves are little different and it will not go into the lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom