What's the best OEM 100 Series configuration, globally? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Attached is a list of options I got from TMC Japan when ordering a custom made General Countries version back in 2001. I didn't get a GC version in the end, but an EU version, where the list of options was much shorter.

Attachments

• HDJ100-options.pdf
    208.5 KB · Views: 51
2007 LX470 is the best hands down. A million people are about to comment 105! 105! 105! but they're just wrong.

The Amazon and Cygnus are basically an LX470 with Toyota badging. It was designed to take on the Range Rover, G-Wagen, and other high end 4x4s head-on and succeeded.

The US spec LX470 gets the VVTI engine which other markets don't get.

If you want a solid axle then get an 80 series, it's better at solid axle stuff than a heavy 105 will ever be. Otherwise if you just drive on the street, a 105 is just an uncomfortable 100 series.

Shouldn’t I drive what I like and what I want? Shouldn’t everyone drive what they like and what they want?

Maybe that is an 8,000lbs 105 with a 650hp LS3 swapped in!? 😜

Cheers

Since this is a totally subjective wish list thread and money isn't an option...

I'd like a HDJ100, auto or manual with a bit of a preference to the auto. I'd then tune the engine to crank out some extra HP.

I'm still really happy with the spec I bought, HDJ100, Sahara, 5spd auto, locker, non AHC, fridge, dual air, dual tanks etc. I would have prefered the updated lamps from the newer models, but I would have lost the rear locker and gained AHC, both negatives for me.

Mines white, I've seen some really nice metallic colours, but bit more limited when buying used.

And that’s the reason why Land Cruiser owners go through if not still own different cruisers, can’t have it all. Preference driven by emotion, connection, history and personality of the owner. There’s really no better Land Cruiser than another Land Cruiser, so how do solve that? Get another one.

And that’s the reason why Land Cruiser owners go through if not still own different cruisers, can’t have it all. Preference driven by emotion, connection, history and personality of the owner. There’s really no better Land Cruiser than another Land Cruiser, so how do solve that? Get another one.
This is exactly why I have had countless Land Cruisers. When I was younger I’d sell one to get another. Now that I’ve grown up and mellowed out, I’m happy with just one. However I’m still going through this with 1911s, (and now maybe 944s) but now I can afford whatever I want and I don’t have to sell one to get the next😁😁😁

Non-nav 2006+. Mine was imported from Mexico. Only differences from US are HVAC in Celsius and no rear wing thing (which I often wonder if it lets dust build up more on the rear window).

IMG_6895.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom