Suspension fluid best brand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

I’m wanting to flush my suspension fluid and wonder what brand people go for please?

RAVENOL AHC Active Height Control Fluid? This is why came up on google

Thanks

With something like the AHC, I wouldn't mess with anything other than Toyota's AHC fluid.

Looks like the smaller bottles aren't available here in the U.S. (08886-81221) but the bigger metal container is available under this part number: 08886-01805

Do not use the plastic liter bottle. If you have some, filter (I would not use) the fluid before use or just toss in oil dump (best). Jelly like substance was found in them. Toyota took them off the shelve and brought back the 2.5L tins. This jell, will damage your system.

Toyota….and it is cheap

Interesting product. I read from their product description that this is Ester-based which is a very good platform for stable temperature performance especially in racing. Ravenol isn’t cheap, it’s a top shelf lubricant same with Motul. This could be a good alternative if you don’t have access to an original Toyota AHC fluid honestly speaking.

Would the Toyota AHC fluid in plastic bottle be ok or is it strictly the metal tin?
5D0E6FC3-3912-4363-9432-4C20BD23C681.png

What they said, OEM Toyota.

Are the old 1L bottles OK to use if they are checked first (strained)?

Yes. I know a local Lexus shop was using, after straining. But I'd be hesitant to use of/if any jell found in strainer.

Last edited:
Yes. I know a local Lexus shop was using, after straining. But I'd be hesitant to use of any jell found in strainer.
2001LC, can you tell me who your contact is at your local Lexus shop that admitted to straining the fluid? There's some hearsay regarding dealerships receiving instruction from corporate to strain the fluid. If I can get some proof of that, or some confirmation, that would make my case against Lexus corporate for bricking my pump due to the jelly in the fluid.

It was Kuni Lexus parts guy, that told me they had notice to filter. When I drilled down. It was an internal notice, from shop foreman. It did not come from Lexus or Toyota.

I tried to return some open plastic bottles to Toyota. My parts guys, is manager of parts. He could not accept returns of open bottles. Reason being, they did not have any notice from Toyota of bad any fluid.

From talking with both Lexus & Toyota parts guys. Corp never put out any notice on AHC jelling.

Still been unable to source legitimate good quality suspension fluid can anyone send me a link please?

Still been unable to source legitimate good quality suspension fluid can anyone send me a link please?

Can this be delivered to the uk please?

I got the tin can one off ebay OEM toyota. I would go OEM, any other you risk your super expensive AHC system that usually mechanics won't want to touch. A dealership will cost you a fortune to fix it if anything happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom