Best option for OEM parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s been several years since I was in the Landcruiser world so I’m trying to get reoriented. I want to replace my ignition coils on my LC and want OEM bits. Short of using my local dealership, what are the best options for OE parts?

I opt for OEM about 95% of the time, so most of the options below are OEM suppliers.

Just so happens I just bought a coil from densoproducts.com which came from sparkplugs.com. Couldn’t find an OEM coil from Prestige Lexus which is my normal go to for parts. McGeorge Toyota and Amayama are popular as well. Amayama is going to have long lead times since shipping from overseas. Cruiserteq.com would be worth a look as well - not sure if they do coils.

I also seem to only really order from these three above. Every once in a while there will be a sale going on at another Toyota online parts site. Cruiserteq also really great if you need advice on which parts.

Intermotor (Standard Ignition) are often OE, otherwise I can have one of my Toyota Dealers contact you and see if you can work something out. The other OE suppliers mentioned are all good as well.

Does anyone know if everything from Amayama is oem and about how long lead times that have been experienced? Prices look amazing!

The last time I ordered through Amayama, it took about two weeks from payment to delivery.

I have also used Impex and Partsouq regularly. Partsouq seems to have more selection, faster shipping and the website and process is better than Impex.

Impex usually has cheaper prices than Partsouq but shipping and selection is not as consistent. Plus, you have to realize that they will come back to you actual shipping costs once they have all your items in stock. I use them for parts that I don’t need right away

Partsouq is good because if you put in your VIN it will give you an exploded schematic of your model so you can see exactly what you’re looking for. I use them more consistently when I need the parts within a week

Megazip.net is another option. They're having 20% off sale today (just got the email notice). I've found they beat everyone else's prices on certain, select items and have used them for some hard to find bits. They're usually my last option though along with impex as they take a couple weeks for the parts to arrive.

Otherwise all the other options mentioned above are great.

Partsouq rocks! The exploded parts diagrams are dope and worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
I've done Partsouq and Ourisman, but now use these two 99% of time (no chemicals) since they don't charge online state sales taxes for out-of-state AND they have free shipping (if over $75 & $100, respectively). They are Springhill Toyota and Lexus of Mobile (AL) sister companies, but same Parts Dept guys run both. They both run specials occasionally and the Toy part number usually cheaper than on the Lexus website, BUT they changed the Toy site making it impossible to see / search diagrams, so use the Lexus side. I ALLWAYS leave both Toy-Lex tabs open on laptop to go back and forth. Also, they don't announce their "Sales" specials on both sites simultaneously. Parts are already discounted vs the big toyotaparts.com website, plus specials like the recent 12 days of 12% of the Lexus side (parts.lexusofmobile.com), but not their autoparts.springhill.com website.
It's worth checking out, and keeping both tabs open at all times.

I've done Partsouq and Ourisman, but now use these two 99% of time (no chemicals) since they don't charge online state sales taxes for out-of-state AND they have free shipping (if over $75 & $100, respectively). They are Springhill Toyota and Lexus of Mobile (AL) sister companies, but same Parts Dept guys run both. They both run specials occasionally and the Toy part number usually cheaper than on the Lexus website, BUT they changed the Toy site making it impossible to see / search diagrams, so use the Lexus side. I ALLWAYS leave both Toy-Lex tabs open on laptop to go back and forth. Also, they don't announce their "Sales" specials on both sites simultaneously. Parts are already discounted vs the big toyotaparts.com website, plus specials like the recent 12 days of 12% of the Lexus side (parts.lexusofmobile.com), but not their autoparts.springhill.com website.
It's worth checking out, and keeping both tabs open at all times.
I have also used IMPEX Japan for my LX 470 parts. Some prices for certain things are significantly cheaper than even US suppliers. IMPEX JAPAN — online new genuine spare parts shop - https://en.impex-jp.com/. Shipping is usually not too bad. Worth a look.

I'm new to the world of Cruisers, but the diagrams are priceless and the parts arrive very quickly which is hard to believe since they are overseas. They are far cheaper and faster than my local dealerships so far.

My last order with Partsouq was placed on Monday night, shipped Wednesday, and scheduled to arrive the very next Tuesday or Wednesday

The local dealership in Auburn Alabama charges roughly 20% above the Toyota retail price......and they don't care. Pretty sure 98% of their parts are sold as part of a service/repair.

For a short time within the past couple of years they were doing online sales and prices were good. No more.

Reinhardt in Montgomery was in the online business for a few years, also offering good prices, but that's also ceased.

For a short time within the past couple of years they were doing online sales and prices were good. No more.

Reinhardt in Montgomery was in the online business for a few years, also offering good prices, but that's also ceased.
When I lived in Baldwin County, Springhill Toyota (as mentioned by others) had great prices online but wouldn't honor those if you walked into the dealership. I did get them to agree to let me pick up a windshield and some other large parts once but for the most part they want to ship those directly to you.

When I lived in Baldwin County, Springhill Toyota (as mentioned by others) had great prices online but wouldn't honor those if you walked into the dealership. I did get them to agree to let me pick up a windshield and some other large parts once but for the most part they want to ship those directly to you.
suspect that "pick up policy" might be due to risk. You order/pick up part at dealer. part is damaged/bad, who do you return it to?

Kinda like the pc conundrum back in the day (yesterday?)....it's the software/no it's the hardware/no it's the software......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom