Whats everyone using for upgraded sway bars now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does a front Whiteline make a noticeable difference? Any mods needed for fit?

What did your have to cut? I had to cut off the two corners on the bar ends, they hit the bracket and the bolt wouldn't go through. Hole was about 1/4" off. The OEM bar end is round, Whiteline is square. Don't know why Whiteline doesn't make them round.

Last edited:
Finally got both front and rear Whiteline HD sway bars installed on my modestly lifted '97.
  • Had to run rear bar with stock front bar first (~3K miles) as the front HD bar was backordered for a month or two
  • Rear HD bar + stock front I could notice less lean in turns within the first 10 yards of driving off
  • Front HD + rear HD was even more noticeable. Again, flatter in turns, the whole truck feels like it's been lowered as you don't feel as much of the tipping sensation in turns
I'm running the bars with Dobinson's rear drop brackets, Landtank stock length drop links, and Delta VS front sway bar drop brackets. Whiteline's latest HD rear bar comes rounded out so no trimming necessary on my setup even w/ the stock links. Front ends also cleared just fine coupled with my Delta VS 4 radius arms.

My setup would be a solid kit for a 2-2.5" lifted 80 imho + Dobinson's adjustable steering shock.

She's thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

IMG_1250.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice seeing you and that super clean 80 again!
If anyone needs these bars, I finally got my shipment in, so far I have 9 fronts and 9 rears ready to ship.

Finally got both front and rear Whiteline HD sway bars installed on my modestly lifted '97.
  • Had to run rear bar with stock front bar first (~3K miles) as the front HD bar was backordered for a month or two
  • Rear HD bar + stock front I could notice less lean in turns within the first 10 yards of driving off
  • Front HD + rear HD was even more noticeable. Again, flatter in turns, the whole truck feels like it's been lowered as you don't feel as much of the tipping sensation in turns
I'm running the bars with Dobinson's rear drop brackets, Landtank stock length drop links, and Delta VS front sway bar drop brackets. Whiteline's latest HD rear bar comes rounded out so no trimming necessary on my setup even w/ the stock links. Front ends also cleared just fine coupled with my Delta VS 4 radius arms.

My setup would be a solid kit for a 2-2.5" lifted 80 imho + Dobinson's adjustable steering shock.

She's thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

View attachment 3042376

John @2KCruiser made the purchase and install of these parts headache-free. He knows his 80 series.
I also have these (front and rear). They are great on the road, I would recommend doing a swaybar disconnect or remove front on the trail to help with articulation. I did not remove mine on the trail initially until my swaybar link broke. Just a weak point for the heavy duty swaybar and a $30 fix.

20220619_001624.jpeg

But I really do like the feel of the swaybars on the 80.

I also have these (front and rear). They are great on the road, I would recommend doing a swaybar disconnect or remove front on the trail to help with articulation. I did not remove mine on the trail initially until my swaybar link broke. Just a weak point for the heavy duty swaybar and a $30 fix.

View attachment 3042394

But I really do like the feel of the swaybars on the 80.
Those aftermarket links are like half the thickness of OE. Probably why it failed.

Just wanted to give a PSA for running HD sway bars up front and the ticking time bomb that is the passenger front sway bar mount. This mount will rip itself away from the axle housing and during this process it'll cut your front passenger hard brake line. If you like to twist up the suspension while wheeling, I highly suggest getting a front quick disconnect in order to prevent this. I also suggest purchasing this five inch short piece of hard brake line and stashing it in your spares kit. Not just for you but for the other 80 dude who needs to get home after running the trails with you.

This has happened to 80 owners who are also running the stock front sway bar. The weld in that area on both sides aren't super stout and the mounts tear themselves away due to fatigue. Landtank does sell HD front sway bar mounts that replaces the wimpy oem mounts but they need to be welded on, or make your own.

It's also easy to make your own front sway bar hanger (under the driver side chassis area) or ping landcruiserphil for his product, not sure if he still sells them.

here's an example of beefy mount: Broken Front Sway Bar Mount - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/broken-front-sway-bar-mount.1139551/post-12381977
another Broken Front Sway Bar Mount - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/broken-front-sway-bar-mount.1139551/post-12382011

In the past if I was lazy and did not reconnect my front it would be scary at best driving at highway speeds. Now with the front disconnected and the rear Whiteline Im way more comfortable if I need to drive between dirt trails on the highway. Still recommend running the stock front swaybar with the rear Whiteline for the best safest driving experience.

Flex with front disconnected and rear Whiteline HD

BYowaJY_iAmYg97Qj2yJOgY1EkA6IFy_2P6uthMoGuCOrBbSNX_wVZNrNtinbLx8EhX-osXjnvfqh2sbhN7RmQRILZMBU_jfWVuU2G_96QmiW3FztUVpuFzij-lwItkqUHQjuAPjiOuaKXqVBsoelq3YraL0oVpiYlgQecxGVxTQwj9-nS1qjSoTk1ZM86R_CZptpS0yDrbghpeMhwtSvUgCfCjDROaGqlgzyI_RgmjU7dSI1lYUEWM9pQaVg7hJ0RH2RfVrRYseiVzisucNKFGTnrKA9HYeQX5d9AWef2o-ACP9gwRPNXhuerkFlHXKb4acCwDjOmvQAxdyhdIw23W-99_HgtlfH2j3VWQ1YCvYLjjRx8g2vxDDp-AB6URtpck-S1qZQBKcM5WnBFEceGXRePMblIjRb4Y2uIQGnBJy2tP4NTVVvSWlKmX9L5qnE3NO2coUwmcFE6FQ6JOGPi3FIaRnbgRWQcdvrQIIgaMbswymeuXVY_mQvCJ_NT0SLhFvo7SQO2L_ELEVGk-koUEyN7_2dcGZ3o8psVTa9l2HAI6ULMl8WcgJd5fHPXfF-bo6yFEinyOHn_1Au2ubxIA7l0ir0ygpmjD8ZQQQ=w1113-h835-no
I ordered the WHITELINE HD 30mm rear sway bar and will go the stock front route with LCP sway bar disconnect and LCP HD rear sway bar mount.
In the past if I was lazy and did not reconnect my front it would be scary at best driving at highway speeds. Now with the front disconnected and the rear Whiteline Im way more comfortable if I need to drive between dirt trails on the highway. Still recommend running the stock front swaybar with the rear Whiteline for the best safest driving experience.

Flex with front disconnected and rear Whiteline HD

BYowaJY_iAmYg97Qj2yJOgY1EkA6IFy_2P6uthMoGuCOrBbSNX_wVZNrNtinbLx8EhX-osXjnvfqh2sbhN7RmQRILZMBU_jfWVuU2G_96QmiW3FztUVpuFzij-lwItkqUHQjuAPjiOuaKXqVBsoelq3YraL0oVpiYlgQecxGVxTQwj9-nS1qjSoTk1ZM86R_CZptpS0yDrbghpeMhwtSvUgCfCjDROaGqlgzyI_RgmjU7dSI1lYUEWM9pQaVg7hJ0RH2RfVrRYseiVzisucNKFGTnrKA9HYeQX5d9AWef2o-ACP9gwRPNXhuerkFlHXKb4acCwDjOmvQAxdyhdIw23W-99_HgtlfH2j3VWQ1YCvYLjjRx8g2vxDDp-AB6URtpck-S1qZQBKcM5WnBFEceGXRePMblIjRb4Y2uIQGnBJy2tP4NTVVvSWlKmX9L5qnE3NO2coUwmcFE6FQ6JOGPi3FIaRnbgRWQcdvrQIIgaMbswymeuXVY_mQvCJ_NT0SLhFvo7SQO2L_ELEVGk-koUEyN7_2dcGZ3o8psVTa9l2HAI6ULMl8WcgJd5fHPXfF-bo6yFEinyOHn_1Au2ubxIA7l0ir0ygpmjD8ZQQQ=w1113-h835-no
I just ordered a WHITELINE HD 30mm rear sway bar amd gonna keep the front OEM sway bar. Add LCP sway bar disconnect and his rear sway bar HD links.

I ordered the WHITELINE HD 30mm rear sway bar and will go the stock front route with LCP sway bar disconnect and LCP HD rear sway bar mount.

I just ordered a WHITELINE HD 30mm rear sway bar amd gonna keep the front OEM sway bar. Add LCP sway bar disconnect and his rear sway bar HD links.
I'm running the white line hd front and rear, made a huge difference with the back, the front is probably overkill but the combo handles nice.

It's tough right...... It's a balance between onroad manners and handling while not overly limiting flex.

Yeah I took advantage of the WHITELINE sale. Although I didn't get HD fronts, (after reading LCP's view on just running sway bars & disconnects up front) and his HD rear sway bar mount, I suppose it'll be "trial & error" to see if I even need the front. Mind you I'm running an iKamper RTT with this set up.

Yeah I took advantage of the WHITELINE sale. Although I didn't get HD fronts, (after reading LCP's view on just running sway bars & disconnects up front) and his HD rear sway bar mount, I suppose it'll be "trial & error" to see if I even need the front. Mind you I'm running an iKamper RTT with this set up.
I'm tempted to go RRT.......

LCP rear links are sweet, I like them alot, super stout.

I’ve been running the whiteline front and rear bars on my Prius 80 for probably a year now. No extraneous noises. Just taut driving dynamics that I will never get bored of. 😎

I tore through multiple rear sway bar links until I finally got wise and install the set of Phil's HD links.

Post #350 on this thread, they're an absolute gorgeous thing of beauty.

Does anyone have a part number for the bushings and brackets that go on the whiteline rear swaybar on the 80? I have one of these in storage but I think I lost the brackets. Thanks! Noah
I might have some in stock. However I'm stuck at home with Covid for a few more days. PM me so I don't forget to check when I'm back into the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom