What would you do with this 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jesus888

SILVER Star
Threads
History that I know…
  • 1970 TLC
  • Originally from Oregon
  • Truck spent a lot of time doing what it was designed for… adventures
  • Victim of a rollover (as you may gather from the pics)
  • Drove off the mountain
  • Sat outside next to the barn for 10-15 years
Current situation…
  • Has not run in quite a while…
  • Interior is pretty tough but the floors are solid
  • Drivetrain is original with 3-speed column shift
  • Far as I can see, needs a front bumper, passenger fender and windshield frame for sure and some pulling in that driver rear corner
My plan is to acquire those needed body parts and do a bed get build into a driver for around town and ultimately sell it… but I also have at least a couple “projects” in front of it, so I just thought I’d put it out there to see what y’all think I should do with it…

I thought about stealing the drivetrain out of it and putting it in my other FJ40 project Ol’ Blue (in my signature) to replace the Chevy stuff but I kinda want an fj60 drivetrain in that one and for now,
Just getting the Chevy stuff running…

499F4138-73B5-433B-BFA0-C09667283958.jpeg

CCA50B10-FC76-4799-A425-3157FCF768C8.jpeg

94A24CF0-C194-4111-95B6-B1427D44FEB6.jpeg

266DAF69-3A85-4BBA-85EC-67804028A251.jpeg

F76E442A-023D-4ED4-828D-DD315A019126.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you already bought it?
How are you certain the frame is good?
I bet the frame is twisted to some degree based on the significant lean to the passenger side.

Have you already bought it?
How are you certain the frame is good?
I bet the frame is twisted to some degree based on the significant lean to the passenger side.
It’s bought, yes.
I’ve had it for a little more than a year, it came with the other 40 I purchased.
I am not certain that the frame it good. You may be right about the twist, but the passenger front tire is also off the rim and the ground is anything but level right there so that may have something to do with the lean.
I haven’t done much of anything to it but look at it and when I was under it, the frame didn’t appear to be way out of whack, but I didn’t put a tape measure on it even, so I have no idea.

There are lots of good parts on that rig if you end up not being able to make a driver out of it.
Would you mind sharing what you see?
I may end scavenging them if they’re missing on the project in front of this one… same year…

3CFDD7EB-8F66-4B70-9B79-701418423070.jpeg

My dilemma is that I think this yellow girl could be something neat and fun but I’d just be putting it together and doing the mechanical work to eventually sell it…
I just don’t need 2 x FJ40s (at this point, at least) but considering selling it as-is…

I may end scavenging them if they’re missing on the project in front of this one… same year…
from door hunger to the engine.. but it will take some time to sale it.

Just search "FJ40 parts" on eBay and check the results..

Door hinges, tail gate, tail gate latches/hinges, gauge cluster, dash signal lights, interior knobs- hazard, lights etc., glove box door, ash tray, hood?, all the emblems, steering wheel?, swing out tire carrier, wiper motor, rear view mirror, side view mirrors, cowel vent, side vents, dash pad?, windshield hinges, and I will take the hood spear if you feel like dropping it in the mail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom