What to do, what to do.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes it is a full mechanical clutch that you are seeing. I have only pushed it in a few times (very very stiff) while playing around with it and already hate it. It will for sure have to go.

Gumby:
Do you know if I will still need the little adapter to bring it out a bit away from the firewall?

Nice 45! Those tires will be perfect for this truck. Post up a pic as soon as you get them mounted. Are you going with the OEM rims? What hub caps were stock with 65? I think you should reconsider the 3b.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/index.php?...speed-trans,-&-trans-case-w--ps-in-KY.844312/

Maybe Wiley will come down off his price. You could buy it and sell me the tranny and transfer case. Since it's already been hacked with the Chevy install and the wiring is jacked, it makes a perfect candidate for a diesel conversion that's my vote. Along with a disk conversion and power steering.

Do what you want, since it is your truck..... NOW, RESTORE IT TO STOCK AS THEY ARE RARE AND CLASSIC. Just kidding, but it is a cool truck.

Well, It has been decided.

RESTORATION!

The 45 is safe in my garage waiting for the resto to begin. I have decided to bring her back to as stock as possible.....

Keeping the three on the tree, getting rid of the rack on the back, no lift (for now), 7.00x15 old school tires I just picked up from broth9640, stock wheels, over the winter I have fixed up an F engine (pics soon) and fix the rust as best I can. Leaning towards the spring green color, but that's still up in the air. I'm sure I have lots of time to think about it.

She will come along slowly but since ski season is coming to an end I will have some free weekends to get some serious work done.
I will update with as many photos as I can remember to take... everyone loves photos!

Here's one to start off...
Needed to use the 40 to winch it out of its storage place.
More to come....

IMG_20150329_124547_713.jpg

I know it's slow but hang with me, one day it will be done....
Here are my fresh powder coated wheels. Les Schwab did a fine job.
IMG_20150814_165035_779.jpg

In front of the 45 they will be going on
IMG_20150814_163918_920.jpg
IMG_20150814_163708_982.jpg

'73 F engine all cleaned up and ready for install

IMG_20150815_142505_467.jpg
IMG_20150815_142433_429.jpg

thanks, can't wait to have them on the road.

Well I'm FINALLY getting a bit of work started. Yesterday I was able to get most of the front body taken apart and get into the wiring a bit. Only broke 3 bolts. Luck be on my side that they were all a nut/bolt combo so didn't have to deal with any easy outs!
20151108_125712_resized.jpg

There is some crazy wiring going on with the V8 that is in it and what appears to be some abandoned wires and some custom additions. I found a few things that will be a pain. One is the radiator support bolts have been welded. guess they wanted it in there for good!
20151108_125847_resized.jpg

All and all off to a good start. I made some helpful wiring notes and parts seem to be not as rusty and seized as i was thinking they would be. I just hope I can find the time to keep things rolling!

Nice truck! Keep posting photos!

A bit more work done this weekend...
Got most everything taken apart. Doors off, top taken apart with glass out (Glass in a safe place!) I have a feeling the corner glass would be a huge pain to find, windshield wiper parts and wiring removed and all other wiring out and labeled. After seeing how much the wiring has been modified I may want to have Coolerman build me a new one.
I'm starting to feel like I'm making some progress. Not to far off from being ready to take the drive train out, remove the cab and bed and start sanding and rust repair!
20151114_160058_resized.jpg
20151115_195628_resized.jpg
I was trying to fold the windshield down and couldn't due to the heater vents, is there a way that it can be done while keeping the vents or do I just need to keep the windshield up?

Subscribed :)

Finally got this big guy out, just in time to watch the awesome Broncos game!
Free if anyone wants it. PM me.
Pretty sure it is a 1969 Chevy 283. Has a Rochester 4 jet carb, holly valve covers, don't know much else about it.
20151129_174502.jpg 20151129_175437.jpg

Down to the frame!
45 frame.jpg

Notice the rear shock, never seen coil over "like" shocks before.

I am next going to work on getting my axles all set up. I would love to stay all stock, but the cylinders are leaky and or locked up. I have a set of F60 axles I think I will use the front discs from. I just need to find a front 40 housing, inner short side axle shaft and a good rear axle and I'll be set. Could be a while until the next update, but I hope not.

Nice truck
Man wish you where downunder I would love that 283 chev and be happy to swap for a complet set of late rolling 45 diffs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom