What to do, what to do.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang missed this thread somehow. Following now though! Awesome work!

Best I can tell from your frame pics it looks like these bolted on bed mounts I have with my ‘63 SWB (fixed top though) aren’t original? How many bed mounts do you have along each rail (in addition to the ones along the back frame rail)? Thanks.
IMG_1253.JPG

I think I have 3 along each side and 4 along the tailgate area. I haven't looked in a while, so next time I'll check again.

Finished redoing the seat. Very pleased with the outcome.
IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

Also finished all the metal work on the bed.
IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1863.JPG

I forgot to take photos, but I redid the inner and outter channel, the corner braces, side braces, small section of the bed floor on both sides and a few other random rusty places. It's rust free with fresh metal and hope it will stay that way!

This was the before....
IMG_1874.JPG

Superb! I’ll be in the same mode on my bed later this summer. Or maybe I could just throw it on the back of my running pickup and come visit my brothers in Arvada and drop in for some expert training!:D

What gauge sheet metal you using? Did you buy a channel or bend your own? Great stuff, thanks for posting pics.

Come on by!
I used 16. It was a bit tricky to bend just right, but seemed to match closely what the original stuff is. Saved a ton of money bending myself, spent a lot of time though...

Looks amazing mate!

Good thinking! I had better wrap them.

Finished redoing the seat. Very pleased with the outcome.
View attachment 1723351
View attachment 1723354

Hey Justin. Quick question: Where did you source the seat covers? I looked quick through the thread and didn't see anything. Sorry if I missed it.

I need a set for my RHD 45. Also hoping to find the nice metal backs. Mine have the press board.

Thx for any info,
Ken

It's done minus some finishing touches. I even used it in my wedding!
Lots of photos.
We used the 45 for all the Bridesmaid's and the 40 for all the groomsmen. Our ceremony site was on the side of a hill in a big ranch South of Larkspur, CO about a 1/4 mile from the area where everyone got ready. Tons of fun!
Justin&JenWedding-1368.jpg
Justin&JenWedding-0772.jpg

Justin&JenWedding-1711.jpg

Justin&JenWedding-0368.jpg

Justin&JenWedding-7302.jpg

Thanks! sorry, don't have an IG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom