1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Part Is This?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by SIMPLESOLUTION, Aug 19, 2006.

1. SIMPLESOLUTION

SIMPLESOLUTION

looking for freinds in the chattanooga area

1977 fj40 350 chevy 4 speed. Rust & dust come free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  2. thecrazygreek

thecrazygreek

Media:
    Albums:
  3. CruiserMax

CruiserMax

X2!

Welcome!
    But can you slow down and please release the "all caps" buttom from your keyboard!

Cheers,

Max

4. jmode

jmode

woah...welcome to mud. are the caps on purpose to make you sound excited?

5. corsair23

corsair23 SILVER Star

x3 or x4 or ???

Some paragraphs would be nice too!! :rolleyes:

Now, what part was missing or robbed or ??? Off to take some Advil and call it a night...;p

6. corsair23

corsair23 SILVER Star

Hmmm...I'm not sure such a statement exists when it comes to a FJ40...Maybe a looooonnnnnggggg slow restoration but I have a feeling you are figuring out by now that a FJ40 and shoestring budget don't really go hand-in-hand...

Good luck!

7. spdwaver1

spdwaver1

Media:
    Albums:
    Let's leave GRAMMAR AND SUCH, as well as punctuation and sperling, out of my response (My attempt at humor). ;p

Welcome.

Huh?

May I suggest a fix to the budget that will need to be tailored a bit to accomodate your new Toy. Get a job at a computer store, and learn how to fix them as you get paid. You will be a pro in about 90 days. I know from experience, as this is my profession.

Next on the agenda: Get a Haynes repair manual. This is an inexpensive (minding the budget) and indispensible tool that will carry you through most repairs. Then you can rely on the experts here and understand the terminology (again, I know from experience) they use to carry out all of the repairs you will be performing.

Don't mind me...my DD is currently parked above tools and shoplights, so I have nothing better to do.;)

8. llih

llih

My brain hurts x2

Where are you at? Maybe another local cruiser head can come by and give you some help.

9. albee

albee

Use you new computer skills to post a photo of what you are talking about. In this case a photo is worth about 200 words.

10. e rock

e rock

Haynes sucks. When you can, buy a factory service manual. There are many places to get them and you will be much happier.

Until then, use Specter's website in conjunction with your Haynes - http://www.sor.com

Go to this page http://tinyurl.com/qey55, scroll down to the drawing for the appropriate year, and see if you can pick out which piece you're looking for.

11. SIMPLESOLUTION

SIMPLESOLUTION

Ok not so hard on the newby gentlemen,I had a lot to say, photos forth coming. Im in Chattanooga Tn. ,the cruiser is going to be a long project I am preparing for the long haul .I am a decent welder and a very handy craftsman.I plan to replace or repair all brake components ,shocks ,& leaf springs are rusted pretty bad anyone with parts to spare please email me @ jallumpkin@bellsouth.net .The chevy transplant was done by a Cleveland ,Tn. toyota tech. I need to do the brakes ,the pin on the shifter,& some electrical.Then I plan to drive as I upgrade other existing systems there are no leaks and no cracked glass plenty of rust though.the exhuast is new ,rear leaf spring shackles are new ,front brake lines are new, and probably some I havnt discovered yet.All your critisism is appreciated ,as well as your tricks and tips.Thanx in advance sorry for the long wind.

12. 2mbb

2mbb SILVER Star

Check out the vendor web site for spector off road (www.sor.com). They have great schematics that will help you identify what you need.

13. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

just dont buy from sor.com...shipping will kill the pocketbook quick! Oh and PLEASE fix your first post...that seriously HURTS

ALLCAPSSUCKSTRANNYGREASE!

14. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    i dint even read that post my eyes started to bleed before i got throught the first runon sentence, going to ice my eyes

15. 1973Guppie

1973Guppie SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Ihaveanfj40andandfj55andilikethemlotshowtodrive?ontheroofmydoglikessocksandunderwearilikebeeranddrivingonrockswhatisthemeaningoflifeboredatworksothisiswhatidoanddontknowbasicengrishskillshowhungfatfingshengjerkyisbestwhenplayingontheslipandslidegrandmagotrunoverbyareindeerr.

Noah

:)

16. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

:shotts:

17. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
  18. Pete

Pete

SimpleSol,

Not real familair with Tenn geography but there area couple of people maybe in your neighborhood that are Cruiser experts. One is TPI - Bob- who are located in Gallatin and have about all you would need for a Cruiser in the way of parts. http://www.tpi4x4.com/
    The other is Steve at Steve's Off-Road, a Cruiser repair shop that is a long-time supporter of the Toyota Land Crusier Association. Steve doesn't have a web site or didn't and I think he is in Soddy Daisy, Tenn.

Good luck,
    Pete

19. SIMPLESOLUTION

SIMPLESOLUTION

goin to soddy tomorrow just up the road

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">