What is the largest tire I can fit with no lift? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no pics yet, but I just mounted a set of 285/75r17 (34"x11.3") Falken Wildpeak AT3W's to TRD RW 17" wheels...installed 1" wheel spacers in the front AND.....
THEY FIT! on the road at "N" ride height. Maybe .5" between tire and the rear of the front wheel well while turning. The weather has been cold and snowy so I haven't gotten around to testing clearance under articulation. I'm assuming it would be a nightmare at "N".

Thanks for the follow up haas. So it sounds like they fit at N, but wouldn't work under any articulation?....When you get a chance, would love to see a pic of the rig with AHC at neutral/low (ie, equivalent to a non-lifted LC). Per the spare...I have been thinking about it and if I go with the 285/75r17s, I am just going to use a slightly smaller size spare (e.g. 285/70/r17) ....I figure that I will not be going a great distance on the spare if something happens. I am even going to look for a used one to throw under there on the cheap

@Nature Calls, I'll try and get pics up the first week in January when I get home.

They definitely fit in N on the road and I'm only guessing they won't work in N at articulation...will investigate w/ pics soon.

285/75R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3w's (34" tire). 1" front AHC lift and diff drop along with a Slee AHC override switch. There is slight rubbing while running at N around town (potholes, full lock, etc). I can use N on the highway, otherwise keep the AHC on Hi.

AHC @ Neutral
IMG_5255.jpg

AHC @ Hi
IMG_5251.jpg

AHC @Hi
IMG_5252.jpg

Last edited:
If your tires are only rubbing on the "bump" on the lower fender splash guards, I can confirm from personal experience that a carefully applied heat gun will soften the plastic enough to flatten that area out.

-G

If your tires are only rubbing on the "bump" on the lower fender splash guards, I can confirm from personal experience that a carefully applied heat gun will soften the plastic enough to flatten that area out.

-G

Yes! Once it stops snowing and the temps get above 0*, I will attack the splash guards. The problem would easily be solved by removing the running boards, but the wife has requested they stay...for now!

Yes! Once it stops snowing and the temps get above 0*, I will attack the splash guards. The problem would easily be solved by removing the running boards, but the wife has requested they stay...for now!

I'm running without running boards, and stock height (no lift) and was able to put a set of 285's (K02s) with that small splashguard "mod"....

We got a bit of snow here and I really LOVE having the new tires. :)

-G

I'm running without running boards, and stock height (no lift) and was able to put a set of 285's (K02s) with that small splashguard "mod"....

We got a bit of snow here and I really LOVE having the new tires. :)

-G

The KO2's only come in 285/70r17 or 285/75r16 (both 33"). I'm running 285/75r17 (34" tire)...

The KO2's only come in 285/70r17 or 285/75r16 (both 33"). I'm running 285/75r17 (34" tire)...

You can push your top outside fender tab that holds the fender liner with your fingers. It is in the 12 o'clock position looking at your front tire. Put your fingers on the retainer that holds the liner to the tab and push up and try to flatten it against the fender. Should take care of that rub at neutral height over the bumps.

@aljollano, is your 100 lifted? I almost went the 255/85 & wheel spacers route on mine...I have that size in the BFG KM2's on my 80 and absolutely love that tire size! They even handle great in the ice and snow with the center lugs siped:)
IMG_20160727_171655403.jpg

OME in the back and cranked torsion bars.

Here you go, fresh installed 285/65/18 ko2s no lift ahc

pWnE7fk.jpg

ifVfAuC.jpg
Looks great. I just bought my first UJ100 a 2005 LX with AHC. It gets here in a week and will need new tires. How are the 285/65/18 ko2s working out for you? Did the spare fit underneath? Any rubs or problems? I want to fill the wheel well as much as possible but don't want to worry about bottoming out in low. Thanks.

Looks great. I just bought my first UJ100 a 2005 LX with AHC. It gets here in a week and will need new tires. How are the 285/65/18 ko2s working out for you? Did the spare fit underneath? Any rubs or problems? I want to fill the wheel well as much as possible but don't want to worry about bottoming out in low. Thanks.

I didn't get a spare I still have my oem one. Other than that they are amazing tires. Great road feel and as for the rest I'll let these pictures speak for themselves: (hint: no rub)

mnXlCaX.jpg

PLa977y.jpg

43fe0967-5759-424d-870c-01114bae4767

I didn't get a spare I still have my oem one. Other than that they are amazing tires. Great road feel and as for the rest I'll let these pictures speak for themselves: (hint: no rub)

mnXlCaX.jpg

PLa977y.jpg

43fe0967-5759-424d-870c-01114bae4767
Nice. Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Someone was posting that 285/70/18's could fit in a stock 100 but they didn't mention if it was AHC or not. Looking at how well your truck is handling the 285/65/18's I think thats the safest bet. I just don't want to get stuck somewhere when my AHC fails. What year is that? And where is that course? I'll keep an eye out for your truck around L.A.

Nice. Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Someone was posting that 285/70/18's could fit in a stock 100 but they didn't mention if it was AHC or not. Looking at how well your truck is handling the 285/65/18's I think thats the safest bet. I just don't want to get stuck somewhere when my AHC fails. What year is that? And where is that course? I'll keep an eye out for your truck around L.A.

Those set of pictures are from Hungry Valley SVRA, up in Gorman. Hungry Valley is a huge open space that's more suitable for motorcycles or atvs, this was just a small little section for us trucks to play in. There is also Rowher flats up past santa clarita that an actual trail. The tires are awesome and yes this is with AHC and tbh I don't think you'll have any issues with the tires and stock wheels. My wheels' offset has them sitting out further than oem (aka closer to the fender). My truck is an 03, yay atract.

At work right now and dont have time to go out and measure, does anyone know if a 285 65 18 will fit underneath as a spare?

At work right now and dont have time to go out and measure, does anyone know if a 285 65 18 will fit underneath as a spare?
If you have a receiver, I don't think it will fit. Without a receiver I believe it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom