What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got her started and running for the first time in who knows how long. Wasn't running when I bought it. Just took points, condenser and coil (and not being 180 out). Oh and that fluid shooting at me in the first video is old nasty fuel indicating the mechanical fuel pump still works. 🤣

Third start original F135 engine 66 FJ40 - https://youtu.be/tXAb1WX6Bvw

thats a killer 2nd start up , she has lots of life left in her m

that metal small cylinder screwed into the carb is NOT oem , SHED it ...

you have the 100% correct approach with the clear pre carb filter stick with that set up untill new gas is clean up there

good show !

thats a killer 2nd start up , she has lots of life left in her m

that metal small cylinder screwed into the carb is NOT oem , SHED it ...

you have the 100% correct approach with the clear pre carb filter stick with that set up untill new gas is clean up there

good show !

Thanks Matt!

I was like a kid on Christmas morning when it started finally. I had attempted it a couple times before and after replacing the ignition stuff.

Any idea what the heck that cylinder is? Check valve, extra filter? It has a Fram logo on it. Suppose I could pull a part number off it maybe.

Thanks Matt!

I was like a kid on Christmas morning when it started finally. I had attempted it a couple times before and after replacing the ignition stuff.

Any idea what the heck that cylinder is? Check valve, extra filter? It has a Fram logo on it. Suppose I could pull a part number off it maybe.

dumb AMERICAN Detroit rubbish that don't belong

maybe rusty inside too ?

delete it asap

i have carb fittings if u need anything PM me please

im here to help

dumb AMERICAN Detroit rubbish that don't belong

maybe rusty inside too ?

delete it asap

i have carb fittings if u need anything PM me please

im here to help
Thanks again Matt. I may take you up on that. I was just thinking that thing is screwed into the carb and I'll likely need to replace it with something.

Evening - I have a pair of the old Selectro hubs and a single Warn hub, if interested. (not trying to turn this into a Classified ad, just sharing what you are looking for)

Lake

IMG_7715.jpeg
IMG_7716.jpeg

Enjoy your tractor!
I plan on it! You aren't kidding. This thing has what I believe to be an old Ramsey winch PTO. Unfortunately no winch or prop shaft. One of the POs decided to cut a nice L shaped hole in the tunnel cover for the shifter... Hopefully I can retain the 3 on the tree to keep it uber old school.

Recent storms delayed getting the wagons and bezel back from the powder coat spa, but I picked them up today and dropped them off to get some 33x10.50s put on. I’m eager to get her (name TBD) off the stands and back out on the road. White is RAL 9010 (very close to the ‘82 OEM 033).

Someone remind me, which way does the bezel go...? 😜

8E9D5C8B-F22B-46FD-8B17-42E7EF7A0823.jpeg

Recent storms delayed getting the wagons and bezel back from the powder coat spa, but I picked them up today and dropped them off to get some 33x10.50s put on. I’m eager to get her (name TBD) off the stands and back out on the road. White is RAL 9010 (very close to the ‘82 OEM 033).

View attachment 2593994

wide side on the top

I learned this the hard way when I say this. Just a reminder to remove the paint or power coating from the inside face of the wheels Mating surface...the wheel can loosen up on you a few months later after you install. It’s embarrassing to admit that it happens!

View attachment 2593994

I learned this the hard way when I say this. Just a reminder to remove the paint or power coating from the inside face of the wheels Mating surface...the wheel can loosen up on you a few months later after you install. It’s embarrassing to admit that it happens!
@Redgrrr - not sure I understand. Can you elaborate a bit more?

Is the inside of your wheel where it mates to the hub painted? Like underneath the lug nuts. If there is paint there it can eventually make your wheel loosen up after the paint wears away.

it happened to me on a rear wheel. I only had two of the six studs left! The other four sheered. @Spin Doctor

Is the inside of your wheel where it mates to the hub painted? Like underneath the lug nuts. If there is paint there it can eventually make your wheel loosen up after the paint wears away.

it happened to me on a rear wheel. I only had two of the six studs left! The other four sheered. @Spin Doctor
Yeah - they coated the whole wheel. I understand now. I’ll go sand off/remove the paint before I put them back on. Thanks for the tip! 👍

So - backside of the wheel? And under the lugnuts?

Last edited:
Yes @Spin Doctor backside of wheel under the lug nuts. I was going 60mph around a corner and it just felt like a u-joint wend bad. I pulled over and it actually took me a few minutes to see the missing lug nuts and studs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom