What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my firewall modified to mount my hydroboost m/c system.
CFAA1022-7C19-46F3-B3F4-B5278BFB12AF.jpeg
1C703CE5-491B-4069-8660-C7D135478845.jpeg

After sourcing OEM replacement parts to get my carb cooling fan to function as Toyota intended, I’ve called a ceasefire for now..... thinking the sensor I bought isn’t good so now I have 2 that don’t! Since the fan comes on and runs 30 minutes after ignition is off, I got around to installing a shutoff switch for times I don’t need 30 minutes...... Already had a PO hole in the dash anyway so it got covered 😆
* Keeping the sensor hooked up if I get bored and want to revisit this later.....
613FAFCC-AE3A-4821-B2DD-0E8D9F7C61B7.jpeg

E86B4667-734A-4FCF-B846-373F5D9CA27C.jpeg

846EE1B1-E3E7-4E77-811C-B5FBD03FC32A.jpeg

you should see all the taxes the city’s, counties and state in California throw on business is crazy, the environmental laws In California alone were written to fleece the business/public.

Good example went buy roughstuff in Lomis and noticed Dan had taken down his business signs, when asked why, the city wanted over 1000$ per year per sign... as a consumer you pay that.. how any business in California stays in operating is beyond me..

moved out 10 years ago not going back, I kinda like keeping what I earn...

A $1000 to hang a sign? That is absurd!

Cheers

Adjusted valves, reset timing (more advance), gapped OEM plugs to .038, adjusted Chinese carb using lean drop method, measured vacuum (video results below). Then went for a ride. Engine has never run better. Loads more power.

7F9D0B3C-F85A-4304-90BC-1BF3C7DCF8CC.jpeg

74F02CAB-041D-44B4-B390-715949D6F7DA.jpeg

B84A4D37-799A-4390-9E97-1C617EC21322.jpeg

A $1000 to hang a sign? That is absurd!

Cheers
Welcome to California financing is available.. so you can pay for the illegals and the drug addicted..

Welcome to California financing is available.. so you can pay for the illegals and the drug addicted..
Truth be said, right with you brother👍

I looked at different solutions for a decent floor mat, but in the end I decided to craft my own.
I really liked how @icon4x4 does their 3 ply mats. Dynomat sandwiched between a layer of rubber and carpet. So I figured why not...?
I created a template in cardboard, trimming until it fit. Then used that to cut out the three layers.
Used a strong spray adhesive to coat all the mating surfaces then glued them together.
After that I fastened an edge binding, then ghost spray-dyed the FJ40 logo.
Not too shabby for my first try...

Still needs a bit more finishing...

Should keep things a tad more quiet now...

IMG_20200815_215512_304.jpg

I looked at different solutions for a decent floor mat, but in the end I decided to craft my own.
I really liked how @icon4x4 does their 3 ply mats. Dynomat sandwiched between a layer of rubber and carpet. So I figured why not...?
I created a template in cardboard, trimming until it fit. Then used that to cut out the three layers.
Used a strong spray adhesive to coat all the mating surfaces then glued them together.

View attachment 2405938
Looks great! What kind of carpet is that? The edge almost looks like windlace?

View attachment 2405938

Nice key 🔑 chain on ignition Key 😎

I restored a full Vehicle period correct set of knobs

added a new CiG element to put some icing on the cake 🍰

I will tell you what finding and sourcing any pull switch knobs has become a real challenge indeed

never any on ebay any more , I must now rely on trade in,s or Cores. / exchange old knobs to keep
My Skunkworks Knobs operation going ..

For example SOR.com simply has No knobs of any kind any more early or late modles , This translates
To me anyway the writing is on the wall ....

i just don’t know what it actually says yet ?

Well .........

for the moment screw all that gloom , because
My little guys below Live Once Again !

1D7E30CB-381D-4FD7-9CC9-F43BCFAB7FD6.jpeg
5783FD25-C7FB-4CD7-8056-BFF9384088CF.jpeg
5A51A4EA-A1DD-45B7-8242-5D0A7C03B760.jpeg
1EE5FEAE-0CEF-4897-81C0-DD5683625250.jpeg

Nice key 🔑 chain on ignition Key 😎

I will tell you what finding and sourcing any pull switch knobs has become a real challenge indeed

never any on ebay any more , I must now rely on trade in,s or Cores. / exchange old knobs to keep
My Skunkworks Knobs operation going ..

For example SOR.com simply has No knobs of any kind any more early or late modles , This translates
To me anyway the writing is on the wall ....

I am getting closer to producing reproduction knobs for all years.

I had a huge setback when COVID got my ass, but now I’m back in the swing of things.
I purchased a CnC machine (desktop version) and will begin experimenting with it. My idea is to create blank knobs Via 3D resin printing / molding / casting. Then cnc the lettering into them. This will provide more flexibility, cleaner lettering, and custom options.

I will update when I figure it all out...

Starting to weld in the motor and transmission mounts permanently. Actually finish welding both sets of mounts as well. Couple of quick in progress pics... love it when you find the smoove setting on the welder!
EFBCFE52-1E4E-40A9-B1BB-9B52EC80DA1A.jpeg
8A43CAF6-2E93-45B6-A748-34F28C535B83.jpeg

After sourcing OEM replacement parts to get my carb cooling fan to function as Toyota intended, I’ve called a ceasefire for now..... thinking the sensor I bought isn’t good so now I have 2 that don’t! Since the fan comes on and runs 30 minutes after ignition is off, I got around to installing a shutoff switch for times I don’t need 30 minutes...... Already had a PO hole in the dash anyway so it got covered 😆
* Keeping the sensor hooked up if I get bored and want to revisit this later.....
View attachment 2405263
View attachment 2405261
View attachment 2405262
@GA Architect had a great write up on what he did to remedy the carb cooling fan

Looks great! What kind of carpet is that? The edge almost looks like windlace?

Its a generic type for high traffic areas. Came in a small roll, but plenty for a few mats.
It's maybe a bit too soft...
We will see how it holds up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom