What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Bean has been getting quite a bit of attention this week! Played with the carb and timing, think I have a bit of an idle solenoid problem. I’ve got a Trollhole that the PO installed back in 13’...ordered a rebuild kit from S$R for it that I’ll get to later this spring, or summer. Got big plans!!

The past couple of weeks I’ve been on Covid-cation and set out to get all I had left for my F&R Disc swap, and steering overhaul. She will be parked and on stands for a long while.

Friday- Oops, before she got parked I took the Bean to my guy to weld the Poser tombstone tabs (thought long and hard about making this my first weld project, but with brakes system liability, I decided against😬)! Started on the rear end. The plan is to POR15 Axle, Springs, and frame in conjunction with the brake swap since things will be open underneath. Removed rear drums, axles, bearings and seals. Removed third so I can get at some surface rust on the interior of the housing (plugged breather 😤). Dropped DS springs and cut-off stubborn u-bolts on both sides. Removed housing for Saturday’s agenda. Put a late, late order in for a new suspension setup: Bilsteins 5125 F&R, MAF 3.5” anti-inversion shackles, pins and poly bushings and 4+ F&R u-bolt flip kit....I hope my 35’s still fit underneath when finished!!!

Saturday-Took me all day to pull the final spring..what a PITA...ended up cutting fixed pin because it would not budge.... Luckily I got the rear shackles removed without incident. Cleaned interior of housing and got third back in. Made a huge blunder and cleaned all mating surfaces on housing, but forgot the third while I had already prepped the gasket with a fine layer of RTV (Doh!!). Being late in the evening, tired and under the gun I lost control of my utility blade and filleted my palm open 😭😡!

Sunday will be a prep a paint day!

Cheers,

~Smokeater

C1AE0F98-16BE-4AFC-A36D-9EA6A6A38AC2.jpeg

BF48442F-E043-490B-9AA6-62E276D32A74.jpeg

EDA99C4E-E4A7-4933-8F16-B52257390A15.jpeg

Wow, nice filet. Hope you're not a southpaw.

Finally got the seats back together. Temporarily misplaced the brackets. Before and after.

Looks nice! Almost looks like leather.
Did you get those seat covers from Specter?
I need to do the same for mine.
Do you have any suggestions, advice, or tools needed to do the job?
I have always taken work like that to a shop and have never done upholstery myself before.

Found the source of a strange noise and vibration.

20200516_193912.jpg
20200517_114851.jpg
20200517_114741.jpg

I saw it from someone else on MUD. It is from Specter Off-road. They sell Wheelskins there are a couple sizes. Didn’t take as long as the one I put on my old Tacoma.

Very good quality, comes with waxed thread so it stays tight. Mine is 17+ years old, bought from SOR.
IMG_2125.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG

Seats were hand made with leather procured locally. No tips. Took home economics in high school and haven’t been to work in two months. You learn a lot off YouTube.

One of this weekends projects wrapped up last night .... :)

B4AC0425-21B6-4EB8-8923-8ABC3AD2CD5F.jpeg

AC suitcase installed. Radiator support lifted to clear steering box. Defrost vent notched to clear radio.

View attachment 2309932

View attachment 2309933

View attachment 2309934

View attachment 2309935
Which steering box? Could you have moved the rad further towards the passenger side ?

Im several years into my Scout II P/S conversion. I’ve finally got everything I’ll need & more (with the exception of hoses, belt, & time to do it). Hopefully soon... while my hands still work well enough to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom