What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20200505_201231[1].jpg

Fitted EGT phrometer and some freshening up.

I like that wheel cover - where did it come from?
I saw it from someone else on MUD. It is from Specter Off-road. They sell Wheelskins there are a couple sizes. Didn’t take as long as the one I put on my old Tacoma.

It's amazing how small some of the streams are in northern New Mexico that support the Rio Grande cutthroat trout. While out hiking and backpacking over the years I've seen trout in streams much less than a foot wide. Here's a typical canyon in the mountains not far from town (~13 miles from my house as the crow flies) that has one of those small streams.
I have backpacker into Piedra creek near Pagosa Springs in Colorado and had good luck in a little creek like that. Lots of good fishing in the Gila Wilderness creeks too.

590D26E7-604A-4376-911E-47C734340190.jpeg

On my back doing this, I notice dribbles on the frame that led to........
35EDDDF1-E6D9-4D32-A9FF-BEA2E083CB1B.jpeg

72D5C82A-648E-4C82-A624-EA281EA4C513.jpeg

18A64DDB-4786-4A5D-9481-586A955CB32C.jpeg

I really wanted to just suck it up and replace the questionable booster and switch to an 80 series MC after discussion with wiser members but have opted to go financially conservative for now....... Can’t beat $29.75 for a MC rebuild kit! ☺️
Thanks @cruiseroutfit for quick answers to my questions :cheers:

I like Your plan Imyourhuckleberry, I always hope the lesser expensive plan works. Can’t wait to see the result.
As for me. I took mine on the interstate for the first time. The Iron Yak can handle 50-55 but 60 was pushing it.

I have backpacker into Piedra creek near Pagosa Springs in Colorado and had good luck in a little creek like that. Lots of good fishing in the Gila Wilderness creeks too.
It sounds like two spots that would be good to visit.

I told myself that I must go to the upper Rio Chama area soon, not too far from The Piedra River, but a bit less driving from my residence. It seems like a largely undiscovered Yosemite or Yellowstone.

Last edited:
Nice wheel cover, where did you find that? Thanks
Is that a leather wheel cover? Where might I ask did you find that beauty?

Yep it is leather. Here is the link to where it is on SOR's site:

Yep it is leather. Here is the link to where it is on SOR's site:

Thanks for that. What year is your Sky Blue 40, love that color!

Thanks for that. What year is your Sky Blue 40, love that color!

It is a 78, I am in the process of stripping off the green to the original Sky Blue... been quite the process but I'm pretty happy with how it will look. I love the color too, much better than the dumb J$%p green someone painted it. I'm a big fan of your freeborn red one as well, if I could pick another color it would be that.

It is a 78, I am in the process of stripping off the green to the original Sky Blue... been quite the process but I'm pretty happy with how it will look. I love the color too, much better than the dumb J$%p green someone painted it. I'm a big fan of your freeborn red one as well, if I could pick another color it would be that.
That’s funny Sky Blue in the ‘78 looks outstanding. Thanks for the kind words, mine is a ‘78 as well.👍

Up until today , right now @ 11:46 PM EST , ..................

i had no idea what year or destination market the original DONER Plate

that i used to Clone These little Rascals came from , or how old it was ?

1 fact i knew was it was a original , and NOT a Kustom Reproduction of some sort .......

because I removed it from a 40 Series odd ball at a junk yard when i was 16 / circa 1990

This is my latest Reproduction Plate Design , i released today , this morning

I want to give a real BIG shout out to @Chuckha62 ! :D

without his Post above , that just so happens to have this same exact Plate

design , it now has a correct oem application designation , etc .........

it has a Home at last.......

simply put ,
Thanks brother :)

i would like to have the opertunity to Donate the first or #1 of my limited edition plates to your build ................

please PM me , with your shipping address , there is NO cost involved , im greatfull
for the positive identification opertunity ..........

matt

DSCN2325.JPG
DSCN2327.JPG
DSCN2332.JPG

My son and I took Goose out for a drive down a narrow mountain bike trail. Had to drop into the slot after we could not center due to the width. Dropping in was a little fun - at one point I thought she was going to roll.
IMG_5517.jpeg

Once in the slot we headed down. It became deeper and wider, my son stopped taking pictures so he could act as a counter weight hanging from the rear bumper!

IMG_5520.jpeg

Pictures don't really give the full effect. All in all a great trip and had a blast.

Lake

Up until today , right now @ 11:46 PM EST , ..................

i had no idea what year or destination market the original DONER Plate

that i used to Clone These little Rascals came from , or how old it was ?

1 fact i knew was it was a original , and NOT a Kustom Reproduction of some sort .......

because I removed it from a 40 Series odd ball at a junk yard when i was 16 / circa 1990

This is my latest Reproduction Plate Design , i released today , this morning

I want to give a real BIG shout out to @Chuckha62 ! :D

without his Post above , that just so happens to have this same exact Plate

design , it now has a correct oem application designation , etc .........

it has a Home at last.......

simply put ,
Thanks brother :)

i would like to have the opertunity to Donate the first or #1 of my limited edition plates to your build ................

please PM me , with your shipping address , there is NO cost involved , im greatfull
for the positive identification opertunity ..........

matt

Matt,

I'm happy to have unknowingly helped you validate your plaque. I would love to have a new one, as mine has been cleaned and cleared but there are still some scuff marks and dings in it. Looks like I also need to hit up your store for other bits and pieces I may need. I'm so fortunate to have found this 45LV in such original condition. It's making it more and more obvious that I need to be as true as possible to the originality. except, of course for the trim paint, but that's easily "corrected" if necessary.

Thanks again!

Chuck

Matt,

I'm happy to have unknowingly helped you validate your plaque. I would love to have a new one, as mine has been cleaned and cleared but there are still some scuff marks and dings in it. Looks like I also need to hit up your store for other bits and pieces I may need. I'm so fortunate to have found this 45LV in such original condition. It's making it more and more obvious that I need to be as true as possible to the originality. except, of course for the trim paint, but that's easily "corrected" if necessary.

Thanks again!

Chuck

i really like your build and attn. to period correct details , that even age and time are

starting to forget ............

it would be a privilege to have my version of period correct details affixed with Aircraft Grade 100% Aluminum pop rivets to your Build , as you see fit ...........

pm me ,

it will be in today's mail

kindly matt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom