What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the rocker arm assy. broken down.
DSCN0144.JPG

Picked up the BJ from the shipper here in big Tex.

Amazingly it made here it without a scratch. The good folks even kept it in their warehouse for the last month because they do that for "classics" :)

The Ox is officially an American citizen :bounce::beer:

IMG_0144.JPG

Finally got some more time with the truck.
Set vale clearances then re-assembled a bunch of odds and ends.
Ran it to setup timing and idle etc.
Gave it another oil change and also greased all points, checked oil levels in tranny and t-case.
Changed oil in rear end and then...........................drove it around the yard last night!:clap:
Nice feeling since it's been sitting in the garage for about 9 months.

Running a little rich but I'm not surprised by that, need to order proper jets, hopefully we'll get around to that today!

Put about 60 miles on the 40 yesterday running errands in preparation for a hunting trip. Odd enough my clutch has been a tad soft for my liking since engine rebuild and new clutch install. Figured still needed a bleed but hadn't gotten around to it. By the trip home yesterday afternoon the clutch was nice and firm. One errand was a new tail pipe which made a huge difference in noise and an extra perk. My clothes lacked the aroma of exhaust! All in all a good day for me and the 40.

What a :censor: day!

Turns out blue ox wasn't fully ready to be imported without a hiccup.

As I was driving through Ft Worth's finest traffic this morning the steering decided to get a little wonky. I turned off the EPS to see if that was the issue.... no joy. Then as I enter a very large, double lane roundabout, I wanted to merge right and the truck decided to go straight....

So long story short -----

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

Thankfully it didn't end too badly. I was able to get it to the nearby base and some of Americas finest helped me get things patched up enough for the trip to Denver.

Not sure if this has everything or nothing to do with the EPS, I will have to tear if all apart down the road to figure that out. Not really how I wanted to start this trip, hopefully that will be the only setback.

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

What a :censor: day!

Turns out blue ox wasn't fully ready to be imported without a hiccup.

As I was driving through Ft Worth's finest traffic this morning the steering decided to get a little wonky. I turned off the EPS to see if that was the issue.... no joy. Then as I enter a very large, double lane roundabout, I wanted to merge right and the truck decided to go straight....

So long story short -----

View attachment 1339616

View attachment 1339617

View attachment 1339618

I'm glad that you are obviously OK!
I'd go through all the truck systems with a fine tooth comb prior to converting the OX as a daily driver, you shouldn't trust someone else's mechanical ability with your life. Be safe!

Thankfully it didn't end too badly. I was able to get it to the nearby base and some of Americas finest helped me get things patched up enough for the trip to Denver.

Not sure if this has everything or nothing to do with the EPS, I will have to tear if all apart down the road to figure that out. Not really how I wanted to start this trip, hopefully that will be the only setback.

View attachment 1339620

View attachment 1339621

View attachment 1339622

View attachment 1339620

View attachment 1339621

View attachment 1339622
Yikes.. Beautiful Troopy, Great year and color. glad that didn't turn out bad, I always have it in the back of my head that something like that could happen. Safe travels

I'm glad that you are obviously OK!
I'd go through all the truck systems with a fine tooth comb prior to converting the OX as a daily driver, you shouldn't trust someone else's mechanical ability with your life. Be safe!
thanks man, I'm just trying to get this sucker into my storage unit.

Crazy - I took it off road and drove it every day in Italy with zero issues for almost two years. Then this happens on day two stateside. Not sure if something happened during the boat ride. One of these tours I'll get it torn apart proper, when I have my tools and an actual garage.

Been doing a lot to the cruiser over the last few months. Put a F145 in with 60k original miles on it. Before I put the engine in, I rewired the entire truck, upgraded the valve cover (thanks @65swb45 !), new HEI, wrapped the headers, kept it column shift, upgraded to a 1 wire alternator, plus a ton of little things. I literally went through every piece under the hood and cleaned them up the best I could. I can't wait to get this thing back on the road again. Here are some pics....

IMG_7706.JPG
IMG_7703.JPG
IMG_7702.JPG
IMG_7701.JPG

Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 10.06.39 PM.png

Eye candy!!!! Beautiful polishing!!!

Finally had time to build a room and make firm shelving with a large loft area above for my own FJ40 Stock Room.

With these super ridiculous bloated 40 series parts prices, it became worth it to invest in a dust free airconditioned stock room.

A picture of a part of the shelving before the reinforcement poles went in.

:cheers:

FJ40 Stock Room.jpg

Last edited:
Finally had time to build a room and make firm shelving with large loft area above for my own FJ40 Stock Room.

With these super ridiculous bloated 40 series parts prices, it became worth it to invest in a dust free airconditioned stock room.

A picture of part of the shelving before the reinforcement poles went in.

:cheers:

View attachment 1340507

Very nice parts room and shelves, great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom