What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally had time to build a room and make firm shelving with a large loft area above for my own FJ40 Stock Room.

With these super ridiculous bloated 40 series parts prices, it became worth it to invest in a dust free airconditioned stock room.

A picture of part of the shelving before the reinforcement poles went in.

:cheers:

View attachment 1340507

Great job, Eric!!

Working on the engine assembly. The accesories will be next week
image1 copy.JPG
image2 copy 2.JPG
image2 copy.JPG
image3 copy 2.JPG

Now that I have a boss that doesn't flip about for bringing my 40 in the dealership, I decided to see the clearances of various suspension components of my sua setup when flexed. Seems to be working well. I also went to a relatives shop and installed a volt gauge. The face isn't pressed on yet. Some of the needle paint fell off when mocking it up. I have more paint at work. So I'll bend the tabs over then.
IMG_20161021_174208143_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161023_140418149_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Had a ball wheeling the karma cruiser this week. Decided to spruce 'er up a bit. Stripped the hood and waxed it, polished the spear, threw a quick coat of paint on the windshield hooks, and visited my favorite Landcruiser shop for a smokin deal on some new windshield cushions and hood hooks. Not bad for 47 year old paint.
image.jpeg

Dolled up my 12HT a bit. Did so.ethjng different and painted the intake housing in high temp black with red detailing. Suites the overall theme of my 45 nicell I think.
20161021_200628.jpg

Also saw this old dog whilst out getting takeout's. Figures you always see others when your not driving your own...
20161023_180820.jpg

Found out why the only valve springs going into coil bind, were the ones on the valves that were replaced. The new valves keeper grove is .060 lower then the rest. Got new valves on the way. John, owner of PTS (Power To Spare) told me Ray Charles could have seen that!

Finally got it running after a year. Finished SM465 and Orion upgrade. This week getting it SOW, cut & turn, FJ60 front axle (widened), doing fj80 FF rear axle and some other stuff. Hope to be on 37' Creepy Crawlers and Black Method Beadlock race rims this weekend! Just in time to put my FJ40 away again for the winter...ha

Now that I have a boss that doesn't flip about for bringing my 40 in the dealership, I decided to see the clearances of various suspension components of my sua setup when flexed. Seems to be working well. I also went to a relatives shop and installed a volt gauge. The face isn't pressed on yet. Some of the needle paint fell off when mocking it up. I have more paint at work. So I'll bend the tabs over then.View attachment 1340867 View attachment 1340868

@White Stripe where did you get that volt gauge at?

Found out why the only valve springs going into coil bind, were the ones on the valves that were replaced. The new valves keeper grove is .060 lower then the rest. Got new valves on the way. John, owner of PTS (Power To Spare) told me Ray Charles could have seen that!

Where's Ray when you need him?!? :p

The 67 FJ45 LPB got its top back on for the 1st time in about 10 years, gonna pull it again and redo the rear seals(I have new corner pads)

thats Jared, my Cruiser tech in training.....;)

also got a new slave cylinder, oil change and all fluids changed, new radio installed, turn signal issue fixed, new 25mm drain plug(took me forever to find that from Toyota)

also put some new wiper blades one, had to go aftermarket, none of the 5 OEM styles I had on hand worked. Also added some Wiper Snuggies

also replaced the old(and acting funky) Chinese H4 headlight harness with a ARB harness. Did the same on the 82, then found one(actually the fj62 version) for sale locally for $50 and gave that to Jared along with a set of Hella H4's I had laying around.

and got a new tarp for the bed......the old one just kinda rotted away after 15 years

so the LPB is back in service as my Real Estate rig.....and its working very well. This is a home I just sold to some super cool people from Texas

went down to the beach for lunch after working on it, that's Little Red the 77 I got for my buddy Jared there were Humback Whales breaching behind us. Nice older guy in a FJ Cruiser stopped to chat.

noticed the hood hinges had this on them.....BJ82215?

Last edited:
on the 82 FJ40 I had a crazy chirping noise coming from the dash area, it started a few years ago and has gotten worse.....to the point it was driving me mad. It was odd, the it only chirped when it warmed up to operating temp. Has no relation to speed, gear or anything that made since. I thought maybe that might be the speedo cable....so I put a new OEM one on......but nope it still chirped.

I went around time and time, tightened some bolts and stuff.....no love. Lubed the chasis and suspension. Next step was to put it on the rack and start checking from below.

While waiting for the rack to open, I went thru a pile of new parts I had, put on a new inner and outer shift boot, new boot retainer(I had lost the old one) I also put on new rubber the hood rests on(sides and front) as well as new window pads......it was at that moment I found the noise.....when I undid the hood hook it made the same springy chirp. Took it for a drive and no more chirp! so somehow when it warmed up the springs in the semi new OEM hold downs started to make a chirp noise. Amazing.....

also got the bypass hose from Shipmag put on, didnt need it but hey........?

Last edited:
finally rounded up all the parts to redo the drum brakes on the 64 FJ45LV, right front drum was locked up solid(I knew it had a leaky cylinder when I parked it last)........yeah I know.....why not a disc swap?......well the 77 FJ40 Jared got was suppose to be a parts truck when I went to look at it.....turns out it wasn't.

So I ordered up all 9mm new wheel cylinders, all new soft hoses, all new hard lines, new OEM master, new shoes, springs and other stuff.

Also a set of new OEM wheels(I have a few sets of early caps)

took some banging but the drum came off. And best news....all the parts I got work. Thankfully they had all come from SOR originally

cant wait to get the pewter wheels and white out tires swapped around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom