What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...after the old ones decided 52 years of service was quite enough and dramatically declared WE QUIT!
image.jpeg

I got down and did some serious mechanic procedures. I replace an almost new universal spring loaded accordion radiator hose with the Gates 20416 straight radiator hose in order to keep fluids flowing freely, and replaced my dangerous, sure to fail old Warn Lock-O-Matic hubs (35 Years of faithful service,) with some NOS Warn Lock-O-Matics. Keep the old ones for backups of course. Old hubs in the box.
lock o matics and new radiator hose 208.jpg
lock o matics and new radiator hose 210.jpg
lock o matics and new radiator hose 211.jpg

IMG_4987.JPG
IMG_4988.JPG
Got a start on my coolant heater install. Hopefully my truck is gonna be nice and toasty every morning at 5:30 am!

Hay Pete nice heater @peteinjp

Did you get that used ? Just did a quick search ... wow they are expensive

I got a cheapo that works fine ... love to hear how that works for you

I run 15/40 and winter starts right up with heater I got... used to run 20/50 in VT with the heater as well as my dual batteries if I let it go all night it would start right up at -10*

How cold do you get where you are ?

Most of the worst here in NY is around 10* and usually only plug it in when I wake up and keep it on for the hr before I leave for work

Does it circulate? Has a pump?

Ok. I'll bite. Spent some time cleaning up my (new) late model rear axle. Still missing a couple brake bits, and the drums were drying..but otherwise ready to swing back under the rig. Next, the front!
View attachment 1335210

As a learned man once said... That's aseptic!! :D

Hay Pete nice heater @peteinjp

Did you get that used ? Just did a quick search ... wow they are expensive

I got a cheapo that works fine ... love to hear how that works for you

I run 15/40 and winter starts right up with heater I got... used to run 20/50 in VT with the heater as well as my dual batteries if I let it go all night it would start right up at -10*

How cold do you get where you are ?

Most of the worst here in NY is around 10* and usually only plug it in when I wake up and keep it on for the hr before I leave for work

Does it circulate? Has a pump?

Yes it has a pump and it circulates and yes it was expensive. I bought it in Canada and had a buddy ship it over to me here.

It's not so cold here actually. The engine starts just fine with proper glow. It's more that I camp out a lot in the in winters in the car. I find myself running The engine just to get the heater going in the mornings especially. And there are times when it would be nice to heat the car up at night too.

But the main reason is really the heat engine every morning before I drive. The problem is I drive less than a mile stop for about an hour and drive back less than a mile. The engine really never gets warmed up and I always feel like it's bad to drive it that way.

So I usually I get up a little early go out start the car and let it sit and idle while I finish getting ready to go. But this unit has a timer and is probably a lot more pleasant for the neighbors instead of having to listen to my diesel rattle way five in the morning.

Additionally my morning drive I can't see a thing going or coming with the windows frosted. So I saved up my duckets and picked up this heater.

Pete

Washed the dirt off the karma cruiser for the first time this year, finished the reinstall of the roof rack, and put on a set of wiper blades. Time for a much-needed camping trip. Off to the Mojave!
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom