What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Muahaha!

D9B18FA7-47A2-417F-B6C7-F474754FD8E1.jpeg

FE37E66B-8F12-4F46-8ABB-C65C6822DAF2.jpeg
Out with the 20s finally!!! Still looking for a spare wheel. Got these tundra takeoffs for $500 and the tires look brand new! And 32s are a little bigger than my old 285/50s.

Pulled the intake and spark plugs off in the middle of the Ozark National Forest after my 200 hydrolocked. Thanks to @DirtDawg @atnolan94 and @aaronrules i was back on the trail the next morning!!!

Pulled the intake and spark plugs off in the middle of the Ozark National Forest after my 200 hydrolocked. Thanks to @DirtDawg @atnolan94 and @aaronrules i was back on the trail the next morning!!!

‘Somehow it hydrolocked’? Dude, you literally dove headfirst into that thing lol awesome job for some night time mechanic work by headlamp? That part is impressive. What did you do for intake gaskets while out there?

‘Somehow it hydrolocked’? Dude, you literally dove headfirst into that thing lol awesome job for some night time mechanic work by headlamp? That part is impressive. What did you do for intake gaskets while out there?
The gaskets were ok to reuse. If I would have been at home I would have replaced them but they passed inspection ;)

Curious why you say you can’t run 1” spacers. What are you seeing that would not allow a 1” as opposed to 1.25”? Not arguing. Just wondering, since I’ve run .75”

What’s going on there?

Figured I’d answer this for him... the 2013-2015 OEM wheels are not hollowed out at the hub contact point in the same way that the 2011 wheels are. So, with his wheels he needs to have at least a 1.25” spacer so the stud and lugnut are “buried” deep enough into the spacer so that they won’t make contact with the wheel. This is the only way to ensure that the back of the wheel and the hub are making full clean contact. Otherwise, the whelll will be sitting up against the studs which is very dangerous.

Figured I’d answer this for him... the 2013-2015 OEM wheels are not hollowed out at the hub contact point in the same way that the 2011 wheels are. So, with his wheels he needs to have at least a 1.25” spacer so the stud and lugnut are “buried” deep enough into the spacer so that they won’t make contact with the wheel. This is the only way to ensure that the back of the wheel and the hub are making full clean contact. Otherwise, the whelll will be sitting up against the studs which is very dangerous.

Ya, Rock Warriors have voids.
I had forgotten about that when i used .75”

I feel somehow blessed to be mentioned in the 200 section! 😉

First oil change on the new-to-me LX and found that no fewer than half the skidplate other lower panel bolts were missing from the underside of the vehicle. Including, one of the two oil drain plug cover bolts. The vehicle was at a local dealership about 6 weeks ago to get caught up on service I couldn't verify had been done prior to purchase, and no mention of that. When I contacted the dealership to price out those bolts from them, I was quoted $6.70 per bolt. Ace Hardware, here I come.

I REALLY wanted to retain the factory rack but suffered from some legit vibration, from items ranging from a basket to surfboards. I up-armored to three factory cross-bars and still, it persisted. I've had good luck in the past with the Thule Aero Bars and can confirm, they work great for this application as well. Little fiddling to dial in noise and it's great to have the t-groove channel for an awning at the beach and the rigidity for a fully loaded ski box.

Passed smog again.
Shhh...

1” spacers work in the front. The studs are shorter. I’m running 1” Bora front and 1.25” Spidertrak rear.

Got her stuck in the snow at night and spent the rest of the weekend by a camp fire!

View attachment 2504864

Glad you got out. Assuming you were on Hood? I grew up up there and peeps used to get stuck and die out there. But they didn't have 200s or campers.

Glad you got out. Assuming you were on Hood? I grew up up there and peeps used to get stuck and die out there. But they didn't have 200s or campers.

We were in the Mckenzie River District and were never in any real danger. We’ve got plenty of recovery options for self-rescue, lots of food and water, heated camper, PLB and worst-case, the highway was only about 7-10 miles away.

All in good fun - we like to adventure but both my wife and I are old enough to be well aware of our own mortality! We definitely don’t take big risks and were genuinely surprised that the snow was that deep so early in the year. It wouldn’t have been an issue but the snow had melted and froze so it had a nice 1-2” thick crust on it. Makes it really tough to get through!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom