What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First run on new sleeping quarters. Cot is ok in a pinch but at 6'4" it gets uncomfortable quick...lol. Added netting over windows so I can roll em down and not spend the night swatting bugs. I see enough of them in deer stand already.

Amazon product ASIN B07HYXZYMN
20201118_164651.jpg

20201118_170124.jpg

The Pi 4 itself starts at about $30. A case, power adapter, SD card, etc all add a bit to the cost. Expect to spend about $100

I built an entire arcade based on the older Raspberry Pi 2, an old LCD monitor, some car speakers, a cheap chinese audio amp, and some high-quality Hap arcade joystick and button components. The Pi was ~$30 at the time, though I had to buy a WiFi adapter, SD card, and some other bits at the time so again I think I spent about $100 on the Pi + its components.

For the rest of the arcade the joysticks were probably the most expensive component at about $35 a piece. Total was about $500 including the plywood and plexiglass. It'll emulate Nintendo, Sega, Playstation etc but it struggles with anything Nintendo 64, PS3, etc or newer.

View attachment 2499137

I was wondering if the handle was just a handle...or if you were into *nix. Loving it!

I broke a 1/2" craftsman breaker bar getting this insolent bastard out. Front LCA pivot bolt.. i was resetting the bushings to get ready for a driveway alignment after my ARB UCA install today, and could tell the passenger side front bolt was galling, so I decided to brute-force it. A 24mm combination wrench up against a 2x4 under the truck to back-up the nut side of it, and a ton of force on the bolt, breaking that breaker bar in the process. Really glad I got that 3/4" breaker and adapter a couple years ago, can't remember why.. but while heavy it handled this thing without too much trouble.

Good thing the nut side of the system seemed like softer steel.. this could be cut out but it wouldn't be fun. For the record this is on a 98% rust-free truck.

Anti-seize is going on the replacement and all the other bolts.

IMG_2520.JPG

I broke a 1/2" craftsman breaker bar getting this insolent bastard out. Front LCA pivot bolt.. i was resetting the bushings to get ready for a driveway alignment after my ARB UCA install today, and could tell the passenger side front bolt was galling, so I decided to brute-force it. A 24mm combination wrench up against a 2x4 under the truck to back-up the nut side of it, and a ton of force on the bolt, breaking that breaker bar in the process. Really glad I got that 3/4" breaker and adapter a couple years ago, can't remember why.. but while heavy it handled this thing without too much trouble.

Good thing the nut side of the system seemed like softer steel.. this could be cut out but it wouldn't be fun. For the record this is on a 98% rust-free truck.

Anti-seize is going on the replacement and all the other bolts.

View attachment 2501003
No picture of broken breaker bar?

For when you folks get bored of the ever-productive spacers vs no-spacers discussion, might I suggest one of these other (ripe for dissection & dissemination) topics?

- KO2s vs Duratracs
- Is a Lexus GX really a 4Runner or a Land Cruiser?
- 50" light bar vs. an e-locker and how it'll affect my happiness.
- Will 35's fit no lift?
- What expedition fridge is best for a once-a-year tailgate party at the neighbour's house?

Have at 'er! :D

For when you folks get bored of the ever-productive spacers vs no-spacers discussion, might I suggest one of these other (ripe for dissection & dissemination) topics?

- KO2s vs Duratracs
- Is a Lexus GX really a 4Runner or a Land Cruiser?
- 50" light bar vs. an e-locker and how it'll affect my happiness.
- Will 35's fit no lift?
- What expedition fridge is best for a once-a-year tailgate party at the neighbour's house?

Have at 'er! :D

I keep thinking about asking @Romer to pin a sticky to the top of the forum called "What's the biggest tire I can fit with no lift, no rubbing, and no research?" since it gets asked every three days.

I keep thinking about asking @Romer to pin a sticky to the top of the forum called "What's the biggest tire I can fit with no lift, no rubbing, and no research?" since it gets asked every three days.

Aint going to happen :)

No picture of broken breaker bar?

No, it’s the second time I’ve done it so I didn’t think it was as notable. The first one was at a previous employer and like this one just sheared off at the square. Already in the trash. As it is I bought a shorter one a while back after I got the 3/4 to use when I really need leverage to force something.

Craftsman isn’t what it used to be.

No, it’s the second time I’ve done it so I didn’t think it was as notable. The first one was at a previous employer and like this one just sheared off at the square. Already in the trash. As it is I bought a shorter one a while back after I got the 3/4 to use when I really need leverage to force something.

Craftsman isn’t what it used to be.
Fair enough. I have to agree Craftsman isn't what they used to be. I bought some socket wrenches from Lowes and was deeply disappointed when the gears in the ratcheting system messed up just after a year. The old Craftsman tools that my dad bought in the late 80s early 90s all still work well and aren't rusted.

Removed the front mud flaps today to address the rubbing post-spacers but may mount them back and trim as needed after the lift/UCAs are on.

Also installed the Trail Tailor recovery points. Got them 'gutentight' but does anyone have proper torque specs for these bolts?
IMG_20201121_135522_925.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom