What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet Radiator as well!
I have always been a sucker for aluminum radiators and those welds… some companies build out custom with extra rows snuck in. Any car and I always want them!

I'm more impressed with the Toyota Screwdrivers than the Mishimoto radiator. :rofl:

Mix of rebranded Vessel Megadora 900/930 JIS/flat heads and the through tang versions. Toyota branding cool, but maybe cheaper without it.

@Jczajka I did receive a Vessel cordless screwdriver with JIS bit as a Christmas gift!

71OQJFebDzL.jpg

Installed a gas tank and skid plate into my 2005 LC I got it from a southern breaker off a Lexus. Had to swap my old fuel pump and modify the Lexus ring for the LC pump. I also had to swap the cut off valve to have it run towards the rear of the truck. After sitting for a year and half she's back on the road, and to think my mechanic almost talked me into letting her go because the tank rusted through. Now to locate a clean upper rear hatch.

Just some regular washers is all I used. The stock bolts that go in that location are a lot longer than they need to be are are long enough to safely accommodate the washers I added. Going to take it on a 40 mile drive later today and I'll see if what I added was enough or if I need one or two more to be ideal.
I'm thinking about getting these. What do you think about the seat jackers? Do you recommend?

I'm thinking about getting these. What do you think about the seat jackers? Do you recommend?
I whole heartedly recommend seat jackers from @DesertDoesIt . They are the original designers and have been copied by some other unscrupulous sellers. Mine have been on for over a year and have provided big improvement in comfort.

link: FRONT SEAT JACKERS® (1998-2007 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 100) - https://desertdoesit.com/products/front-seat-jackers%C2%AE-1998-2007-toyota-land-cruiser-100

[edited to add link]

I whole heartedly recommend seat jackers from @DesertDoesIt . They are the original designers and have been copied by some other unscrupulous sellers. Mine have been on for over a year and have provided big improvement in comfort.

link: FRONT SEAT JACKERS® (1998-2007 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 100) - https://desertdoesit.com/products/front-seat-jackers%C2%AE-1998-2007-toyota-land-cruiser-100

[edited to add link]
You havnt noticed too much impact on headroom? I am 6'2" and definitely get some back pain when driving. I just deal with it and need to get in better shape but might try these out.

You havnt noticed too much impact on headroom? I am 6'2" and definitely get some back pain when driving. I just deal with it and need to get in better shape but might try these out.
I only have them on the front feet of the driver's seat - so they just jack up the front edge and give me a little more support on the thighs. They don't take away any headroom space but I am only 5' 9" with disproportionately large torso so I can't tell you how it would feel for a 6' 2" driver.

I only have them on the front feet of the driver's seat - so they just jack up the front edge and give me a little more support on the thighs. They don't take away any headroom space but I am only 5' 9" with disproportionately large torso so I can't tell you how it would feel for a 6' 2" driver.
@FamilyCamper I don't have the jackers in my 100 but I do have them in my 200 and have noticed some reduced headroom.

Last edited:
@FamilyCamper Headroom is certainly reduced. You might try unbolting the front of the seats and

@FamilyCamper I don't have the jackers in my 100 but I do have them in my 200 and have noticed some reduced headroom.
Thanks for the comment, appreciate it

6'3" here, I'm not touching the ceiling but I definitely got closer to it. The trade-off with seat jackers is worth it for long drives if you're having back pains. 10/10 would recommend.

Installed all new front differential bushings and greased driveshafts (too little?)...The Infamous Clunk remains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom