What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Assuming unrelated but ??
I was thinking the same thing. I did try the old coil wire and it wasn't firing correctly with the new alternator, so I am thinking that even though the happened so closely together, it was just coincidence. I spoke to a couple of "real" mechanics and they told me that they aren't related.

The wife is glamper, not a camper. Cars (and tents) are non-starters for her. This is for camping with the boys (exploring the woods, shooting guns, drinking tequila and looking for UFO's).

You got my attention with: "Triple locked/ 4.88 Nitro Gear/ AHC + LC springs/ 35" Ridge Grappler". I'll be spending more time on this site.

Recently had the itch to do some type of repair/fix that wasn't essential or mechanical. So I decided to replace the trim below my passenger side windows. Mine was cracking really bad and made me cringe every time I washed the truck. Super easy replacement. Drivers side is in decent shape still. Didn't take an after photo.

At the same time I ordered new boots (4332469085) for my upper ball joints. Will hopefully tackle those soon.
Went ahead and re-booted my driver side upper ball joint this morning. I bought four kits as I thought my passenger side was torn too (one kit for each side and a spare for each side in case of a mistake/tear during install, they are only $6 each), but closer inspection shows it was fine.

Removal and install went pretty smooth. There was a little grease left in the boot but not much. The ball joint felt pretty good, so I'm glad I did this versus replacing the entire thing.

20231025_103614 (1).jpg

20231025_095806.jpg

Some maintenance:

Engine oil/filter (Mobil1 5w30)
PS drain/fill (Mobil1 ATF)
Trans drain/fill (Toyota WS)
Coolant drain/fill (Toyota SLL)
Brake fluid flush (Valvoline Synth DOT3/4)
Front/rear/center diff drain/fill (Redline 75w90)
New wiper arm assemblies/wipers/blades (GEEZ WHAT A DIFFERENCE), air cleaner, radiator cap (all Toyota)
Installed SuperPro rear sway control bar

Some maintenance:

Engine oil/filter (Mobil1 5w30)
PS drain/fill (Mobil1 ATF)
Trans drain/fill (Toyota WS)
Coolant drain/fill (Toyota SLL)
Brake fluid flush (Valvoline Synth DOT3/4)
Front/rear/center diff drain/fill (Redline 75w90)
New wiper arm assemblies/wipers/blades (GEEZ WHAT A DIFFERENCE), air cleaner, radiator cap (all Toyota)
Installed SuperPro rear sway control bar
While your down there, lube u joints and drive line

I upgraded all the speakers with Focals (including a cheap Pyle DVC 'sub') a number of years ago, but have never been satisfied with the bottom end. So after picking up a Metra 10" sub box on clearance ($15!) from Best Buy a month or two ago, I ordered a subwoofer that would work nicely in the boix and an amp to drive it. I just bypassed the subwoofer (removed the Pyle completely) and extended to speaker lines to the amp for speaker level inputs. Sounds fantastic, can play much (much!) louder than I need, but extends the bottom end cleanly.

IMG_4294.JPEG

IMG_4295.JPEG

IMG_4296.JPEG

Over the weekend, I tried to have a remote start installed on my 05 LX470. the guy, apparently certified as a master installer, ran away screaming. said he couldnt find the remote lock/unlock wires. he said the electrical panels just plain werent there according to the EWD. To his credit, it does seem like Toyota/Lexus decided to repackage a lot of that stuff in the later models, and not update any of the diagram layouts.

DIsappointing for sure. I was looking forward to warming up my car being in the great white north because, 'winter is coming...'

Over the weekend, I tried to have a remote start installed on my 05 LX470. the guy, apparently certified as a master installer, ran away screaming. said he couldnt find the remote lock/unlock wires. he said the electrical panels just plain werent there according to the EWD. To his credit, it does seem like Toyota/Lexus decided to repackage a lot of that stuff in the later models, and not update any of the diagram layouts.

DIsappointing for sure. I was looking forward to warming up my car being in the great white north because, 'winter is coming...'
Great White North? San Diego?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom