What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

can you link me to this?
thank you
to the OEM replacement I bought? I got it from cruiser parts. they didn't have one when I first started talking to them so I ordered an aftermarket just so I could tow with lights. I talked back and forth with them for a while and they could no longer source the part I bought, and then finally they had an OEM used one that they found and shipped it to me. I didn't want to spend the money on a new OEM they were crazy expensive for what does. sometimes its easier to call or email about a part from them as their website takes a while to learn how to use. super knowledgeable guys though. all this only to realize 20 min after I replaced it that it was never broken to begin with lol.

Replaced Front Speakers. I'd say it was about time. Rears are next.

IMG_3864 2.jpg

Little plasti dip don't hurt no one :) I sort of want that alpha garage grille.. but the reviews are kind of all over the place..

20220926_191047.jpg

295/70R18 installed today. Did the pinch weld mod but haven’t messed w/ washer fluid cover or reformed the plastic in front of the pinch weld. No rubbing that I can feel/hear or see since driving ~30 miles day 1. Will keep an eye. For sure noticeably taller, thankfully. In high mode it looks awesome. Will likely adjust sensors once I have techstream up and running. Also have AHC fluid in route but taking forever to arrive. Ride is still great, so the posts I’ve read make sense to me now. A bit firmer but a good firm. Seems like the perfect size for the LX. I had 285/65R18 on my LC and they did seem a hair small.

Oh, finally finished the ARB bumper install too. That took a long time w/ just me and also having a newborn.

Lots of other little things I’ve done since purchasing last month. More to come. So happy to be back in a 100.

F05AF0C0-B40C-409C-B7FB-A595D490D954.png

FC876A6F-3747-49B9-98A5-7F5835A1D671.jpeg

69219298-4894-43E6-AF51-ADD4468AA08F.jpeg

Changed out the cracked OEM corner full of mud to a clear corner with an amber bulb. 👍👍

IF those are the cheap Chinese corners, I recommend you spray them with a clear UV protection paint. Otherwise they will be yellow and foggy in 18 months. Ask me how I know...
How do you know so much? Pics or it didn't happen. Please, sir.

Spent some time trying to figure out why my rear passenger side corner is sitting 3/8” higher. Ironman springs are definitely seated correctly so I’m wondering if one side has a stiffer spring rate for fuel tank or whatever?

Spent some time trying to figure out why my rear passenger side corner is sitting 3/8” higher. Ironman springs are definitely seated correctly so I’m wondering if one side has a stiffer spring rate for fuel tank or whatever?
From the Ironman FAQ page:

Refer to completed installation form to measure and compare with new ride height. If a vehicle is leaning down on one corner, firstly ensure the vehicle is on level ground and then assess the weight distribution to ensure even placement of load and accessories.

Many vehicle models exhibit an uneven weight distribution from factory, Ironman 4×4 adjust the spring height accordingly to level the vehicle.
Check if springs are designated for Drivers Side (D/S) or Passengers Side (N/S) and ensure they are installed to the correct location. Typically the taller coils should be fitted to the heavier side of the vehicle.

From the Ironman FAQ page:

Refer to completed installation form to measure and compare with new ride height. If a vehicle is leaning down on one corner, firstly ensure the vehicle is on level ground and then assess the weight distribution to ensure even placement of load and accessories.

Many vehicle models exhibit an uneven weight distribution from factory, Ironman 4×4 adjust the spring height accordingly to level the vehicle.
Check if springs are designated for Drivers Side (D/S) or Passengers Side (N/S) and ensure they are installed to the correct location. Typically the taller coils should be fitted to the heavier side of the vehicle.
Yep, level ground and are in the corresponding side per the printed placement on the coils.

The RR corner is the lightest so that makes sense to me. Put a 10mm spacer on the LR and call it good.

The RR corner is the lightest so that makes sense to me. Put a 10mm spacer on the LR and call it good.
Who makes coil spacers like that? Ironman only sells a 15 and 30 mm spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom