What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the latest monthly installment from the dealer. Also added Rad Rubber after the fluid film treatment. These are no joke and worth the monies. Also, installed a new battery (again) and oddly new EFI relay that did not work. Plug in old one runs like a champ. The new one is just the starter spinning to oblivion. Can you tell if the radiator was leaking because all I ever had was a couple of drips when I shut it down?

View attachment 3117489

I was just thinking about this the other day. Wondered if anyone had addressed it- I just yanked all the liners out of mine the other day because old/broken parts were rubbing on new tires. And- of course- someone is. I love it. For <$100 this is a deal. I wonder if they'll make a "you just pounded your pinch welds flat, lets cover that up too" part, because that's mostly what I'm hitting. That and whatever that plastic box is on the driver side in front of front tire.

Installed new rotors and pads all the way around and replaced the intermediate exhaust pipe.

973476C6-564F-41E9-BD82-885BC2017631.jpeg
38097DBD-D60D-4CE3-8D07-D7309715110A.jpeg

Since Ironman still had 25% laborday coupon. I decided to get their drawer system with wings. Installed it last night. Removed the third row seats and brackets, ran to lowes for longer bolts to bolt into oem floor bracket holes. Some adjustments, trial and error and it's in. Overall happy how it came out. Losing the third row seating is a litte down side, but gaining a lot of storage is huge.

View attachment 3117342

View attachment 3117343

View attachment 3117344

View attachment 3117345

View attachment 3117351
What kind of weight does the drawer system add to truck?

I was just thinking about this the other day. Wondered if anyone had addressed it- I just yanked all the liners out of mine the other day because old/broken parts were rubbing on new tires. And- of course- someone is. I love it. For <$100 this is a deal. I wonder if they'll make a "you just pounded your pinch welds flat, lets cover that up too" part, because that's mostly what I'm hitting. That and whatever that plastic box is on the driver side in front of front tire.
Talk to Eddie. It takes him awhile due to some medical stuff but he will most certainly work with you to figure it out. Excellent communication and a great product. Hard to go wrong there.

The plastic box in front of the driver side front wheel is the windshield washer fluid reservoir cover. My 34.5" tires used to regularly consort with it, until I had the brilliant idea to remove the cover. No more rubbing!

I was able to make a little more progress today. I reattached the rearview mirror, cut a rubber mat down to fit in the back to provide some sound insulation and put on new seat covers. I also lubed the arms on the rear bumper. This has been fun so far to fix up with my kids. Most of them are involved. It was a good day. We took some trails in the national forest when we got done.

A9D806CC-CBC2-4E46-8AB0-FE0BD5E09DB2.jpeg

AC3C4CFA-861D-4064-8793-25801F39A52B.jpeg

The battle begins today. Removing my leaking crusted fuel tank and accompanying crusted fuel lines - all 3 front to back. New gaskets for the tank, refurbished tank and skid from western states, new lines, and new filter. Half way there already. Plan to do a bit of a write up, as I couldn’t find anything about the fuel lines fully being replaced. Photo one, crusty beast. Photo two, the new and newish.
38E23A98-E3E9-40D0-B55D-4D605828BDF7.jpeg
B7E29E76-B12F-4DB8-93DF-4076B6189E5C.jpeg

View attachment 3117931
New component speakers installed
When I installed my high end speakers in the doors, I also used the foil backed sound deadener pads…

I wrapped the entire exterior door skin, and the inside of the interior door skin, and edges. All 4 doors. Granted, the dooor now weighs a bit more, but it’s easier to close.😏

In total, added about 60 pounds of sound deader to the 4 doors alone. 1/2 of a 30 pound box to each door.

And what a difference… I find the road noise attenuation is appreciably greater.

The battle begins today. Removing my leaking crusted fuel tank and accompanying crusted fuel lines - all 3 front to back. New gaskets for the tank, refurbished tank and skid from western states, new lines, and new filter. Half way there already. Plan to do a bit of a write up, as I couldn’t find anything about the fuel lines fully being replaced. Photo one, crusty beast. Photo two, the new and newish.

About to do this same thing. Were you able to do everything from underneath or did you have to pull the carpet from inside to disconnect lines/wiring?

About to do this same thing. Were you able to do everything from underneath or did you have to pull the carpet from inside to disconnect lines/wiring?
You have 3 connections on top of the sending unit and one off to the driver side from there. No way to do them without getting into the access plate, unfortunately.
On the other side of things, if you are doing the lines, pull them through the back when removing the old and in from the back when putting new in. Seems to go decently quick for what was the most dreaded part to me.

Replaced the rear output shaft seal and bearing. Much easier than the front, which I did two months ago (ran out of time to knock out the rear at the same time). It started leaking on return from the Ozarks a couple weeks ago. Greased everything up and changed all the gear oil as it was time.

AFC41F70-F78D-4C61-AE2B-5431DC027FA2.jpeg

D386C116-FBA9-4F73-BACD-33E9D0B7A78F.jpeg

208DDFE8-7A3C-4983-84B9-25356117388E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom