What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remind my SWMBO that it's cheaper than a mistress :)
So was the couch pretty comfy last night? :lol:

In other news I moved my spare wheel back to the left swingout. I have decided that I like it better on the left as it gives me better view out of the rear window!
20220728_172826.jpg

2nd Moab trip this summer. This one started off a little rough but we perservered. Gal tried to break into the 100 at a Denver hotel before we made the rest of the trip into Moab. She gave up but did shatter the glass so we went ahead and pushed it out and taped it up. Wasn't too bad. The window tint saved the day, really. $92 for aftermarket glass and I’ll put it in myself this week back home. She dropped her Costco Member card with name, Costco number and photo. PEOPLE SUCK.

Some photos of the trip. We did mainly blues but snuck in a nice red on the last day.

3EDEBB49-D7B7-41D0-B96A-A9B409027685.jpeg

E3A09977-D8B2-4FFC-A75B-30AB83F1C0FB.jpeg

B7214BA6-AEE0-4237-951D-E8C4F7D43019.jpeg

7F89276E-0225-43F6-A857-FD3B74367EFB.jpeg

CCCD1C28-F4B3-4CB7-AD79-BE58A0DAC52C.jpeg

Last edited:
2nd Moab trip this summer. This one started off a little rough but we perservered. Gal tried to break into the 100 at a Denver hotel before we made the rest of the trip into Moab. She gave up but did shatter the glass so we went ahead and pushed it out and taped it up. Wasn't too bad. The window tint saved the day, really. $92 for aftermarket glass and I’ll put it in myself this week back home. She dropped her Costco Member card with name, Costco number and photo. PEOPLE SUCK.

Some photos of the trip. We did mainly blues but snuck in a nice red on the last day.

View attachment 3074995

View attachment 3075003

View attachment 3075008

View attachment 3075009

View attachment 3075010

Eagle Canyon is a good one! Looks like you made the best of it, despite crap people doing crap things.

View attachment 3074995

View attachment 3075003

View attachment 3075008

View attachment 3075009

View attachment 3075010
Costco Soccer Moms are dangerous creatures. Too bad Steve Irwin isn't around anymore to wrangle them into submission. Glad it worked out looks like a blast! #2020costcotoiletpaperbrawlsurvivor

Yep, that Eagle Canyon trail is fun. You've got mostly easy and then the rocky climb out north of I-70. Only concern were those rain clouds in the photos. It started raining and I remembered back to 2016 when we got stuck in a flash flood trying to get off of Willow Springs trail. Not fun!

Washed, clay barred and waxed. An annual event for me. The rig is gleaming! This look will last for a few days before dust and mud reapplied.

Washed, clay barred and waxed. An annual event for me. The rig is gleaming! This look will last for a few days before dust and mud reapplied.
Man it must look nice - care to show it to us too?

Added @turbo8 designed rear LCA braces. These are designed to spread the impact force to the whole arm and save the arm from taking the banana shape like this other one did on my older truck!
20220801_121601.jpg
20220801_121708.jpg
20220314_095136.jpg

I still can't get over your profile pic. Love it.
Thanks! I am still waiting for the remix to "I'd love to lay you down." Kanye West featuring Conway Twitty, Kim K, and all of Kim's men. :smug: That's turrible.

Back to cruisers errbody! Mine still doesn't work even after a little wrenching this weekend. But I did hose the seagull crap off it. So that counts. I am jealous of all yous with running and driving rigs. One day! I WILL make it home from the gas station without it breaking. Bet on it. 😉

KanyeTwit.jpg

Installed a new window to replace the one that was shattered on vacation. $92 from eBay. Easy installation for the most part. The auto-up feature kept putting the window half way back down due to the window motor having to be reset to find the upper limit. To do that, you have to remove the entire motor and regulator, remove the motor from the regulator, then run the motor in the UP position (not auto-up) for more than 4 seconds (but less than 10). Worked great. Now, I need to have it re-tinted to match. Have some idea for exterior motion alarms to mount on my roof rack after this--one on each side--red flash when you get near and also a siren option.

495D163D-52A3-4E5E-AF25-2A5A7C5C9FE4.jpeg

4B55B2C7-E3D8-46DA-BEC2-B653CBAB905B.jpeg

3BDC7AEA-81DE-4E88-B1AA-DF3C1A117D21.jpeg
C99EA442-0148-4F4C-BCC0-DEA4FF9937BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed a new window to replace the one that was shattered on vacation. $92 from eBay. Easy installation for the most part. The auto-up feature kept putting the window half way back down due to the window motor having to be reset to find the upper limit. To do that, you have to remove the entire motor and regulator, remove the motor from the regulator, then run the motor in the UP position (not auto-up) for more than 4 seconds (but less than 10). Worked great. Now, I need to have it re-tinted to match. Have some idea for exterior motion alarms to mount on my roof rack after this--one on each side--red flash when you get near and also a siren option.

View attachment 3076898

View attachment 3076899

View attachment 3076900View attachment 3076906
Is no flame thrower option available from top gear these days? Nice to see you back in action with your super fancy $92 awesomeness.

Wonder if The Boring Company has any left.

Wonder if The Boring Company has any left.
Touche sir. Elon knows the south African carjacking hustle( Similar to a Kansas City shuffle but with a firearm and "Khat" I believe is the correct form). He might be on to something!

Welp, aftermarket window is about 3.5mm compared to 5mm OEM per my micrometer. We’ll see how the noise level is. You get what you pay for!

Gave her a new oversized cover to accommodate the dual swing outs on the rear bumper. It has three cross under straps for when the winds are coming.
9380FCBC-1A87-4D3E-84EF-4C9F3110F07E.jpeg

And an adapted pool noodle to protect the new cover from the Jerry Can box while covered. This is where the prior cover failed due to sharpish edges.
2B743309-2310-4F2E-8557-29335DBA84D6.jpeg

Gave her a new oversized cover to accommodate the dual swing outs on the rear bumper. It has three cross under straps for when the winds are coming.
View attachment 3078613

And an adapted pool noodle to protect the new cover from the Jerry Can box while covered. This is where the prior cover failed due to sharpish edges. View attachment 3078614
Which one did you order? Good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom