What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (56 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What I found behind the glove box in my 1999 UZJ100 was exactly what was shown on the YouTube video I mentioned (which was about replacing an existing, dirty cabin air filter.) The housing accepted the 2 cabin air filter elements supplied by Denso without issue.
Seems the 105 series they couldnt be bothered cutting the centre part out of the box. I had to do that myself then viola they both went in perfect.
One day I will understand what models have what :cool: (maybe lol)

What’s the part number for the shaft? I was told to buy the whole assembly.

Note that there are 2 different part numbers. Which one you need depends on whether the truck has a tilting steering column or not.

My '99 UZJ100 does not have a tilting steering column. This is the part number I ordered and received from PartsSouk.

You receive the ignition shaft housing (they call it a "bracket") which has the shaft already inside (note in the photo that this is the old, original ignition shaft that I removed.) To install this entire assembly is more involved then just installing the ignition shaft itself.

IMG_4301.jpeg
IMG_4303.jpeg

ARB Deluxe Bull Bar w/ Ironman 12k lb winch.

View attachment 3073078

View attachment 3073079
This is incredible! The paint looks flawless! We gotta get us Wisconsinites together for a ride!

here we go, this oughta be enough to flush it out twice. Btw the next cushions that Toyota give you, it’s impossible to thread the nut on the shock. You gotta compress it with a vice beforehand and let it sit to squish down a bit, then I used a socket to push the shock up enough to flatten some more to get the top nut on. They don’t give you enough threads the oem shock 😡

View attachment 3073089

View attachment 3073090
Yes, even the non-AHC cushions are like that! In fact the last time I replaced the cushions on my front shocks, I had to put only the lower cushions on and crush them down with the top nut first and then put the top one!
Check your rear cushions too - mine are crushed to near total destruction and cause the rear to shake on small imperfections!

Might have made a mistake 😳. … had the truck for a year and 5k miles already and have really enjoyed that throaty V8 roar on start up. Much like a slow boiled frog, hadn’t really noticed that the roar was getting loader and throatier of late until the muffler’s cover plate started dragging and revealed the muffler’s true state … mainly rust being held together by more rust. 3 days later a rather well made replacement arrived, slightly more expensive than the cheapest that Amazon offered up, but not OEM league either.

Tried many tools to get off the original … Dremel, oscillating cutter, sawzall but the one that worked the best was a small angle grinder with a metal cutoff blade … cutting heated the bolt as well, which facilitated a fairly easy process to knock out the cutoff bolt with a hammer and punch. Reuse the vibration absorption thingy and install … half a banana job

View attachment 3073405
View attachment 3073403
View attachment 3073404

… problem now is it sounds like the flapping wings of a bloody hummingbird… gone is the manly V8 roar … AND … I can hear the noise of the hullivator, tires, power steering pump, brake pump, diff and a thousand other things to start worrying about 😳
I just had them run a straight pipe when my muffler rusted. Resonater only 😉

This is incredible! The paint looks flawless! We gotta get us Wisconsinites together for a ride!

Yes, even the non-AHC cushions are like that! In fact the last time I replaced the cushions on my front shocks, I had to put only the lower cushions on and crush them down with the top nut first and then put the top one!
Check your rear cushions too - mine are crushed to near total destruction and cause the rear to shake on small imperfections!

My old cushions looked like cookie crumbs when I pried it off. I’ll be doing all 4 shocks soon, along with globes and sensors

How do

How do you like the Maxxis Razor MT's? I'm alway keeping an eye out for my next tire once my KO2's wear out and I'm considering an MT.
Tire noise aside I love them. Phenomenal traction in the ozarks. Last trip I wheeled I didn’t even air down.

Also they are loud at 45 but quieter at 65.. still louder than an at.

We own an independent Goodyear so I rarely run the same tires twice. I’d buy these again if there weren’t new tires on the market to test.

My old cushions looked like cookie crumbs when I pried it off. I’ll be doing all 4 shocks soon, along with globes and sensors
Really curious why you think changing sensors is helpful. Just eliminating a potential failure point due to their age? Or do you think it'll have a positive effect on the system performance?

Really curious why you think changing sensors is helpful. Just eliminating a potential failure point due to their age? Or do you think it'll have a positive effect on the system performance?

IMO installing new sensors and stashing the old (assuming still working) ones in the truck is a solid idea.

They’re cheap second hand and it’s not a bad idea to get one off a low mileage southern truck. Easy to replace as well so it’s not much work.

All 5 wheels fully stripped and powder coated to rectify the corrosion from salty roads...
Replaced all 4 brake rotors
Had all 4 calipers remanufactured to OE spec, new pistons, seals, caliper electroplated silver, new pads, shims, anti-rattle springs
New handbrake (e-brake) innards, new pads, new fitting kit
Replaced front bearings, seals, dust covers, gaskets
Replaced front drop links
Replaced front flexible brake lines

Still to do - bleed the system, 4 litres of Castrol Dot4 fluid arriving today .....

Gone through 2 cans of Dinitrol along the way

it's been a learning experience - not sure i want to repeat that anytime soon :) - nor does the minister of finance aka SWMBO...

I remind my SWMBO that it's cheaper than a mistress :)
So was the couch pretty comfy last night? :lol:

In other news I moved my spare wheel back to the left swingout. I have decided that I like it better on the left as it gives me better view out of the rear window!
20220728_172826.jpg

2nd Moab trip this summer. This one started off a little rough but we perservered. Gal tried to break into the 100 at a Denver hotel before we made the rest of the trip into Moab. She gave up but did shatter the glass so we went ahead and pushed it out and taped it up. Wasn't too bad. The window tint saved the day, really. $92 for aftermarket glass and I’ll put it in myself this week back home. She dropped her Costco Member card with name, Costco number and photo. PEOPLE SUCK.

Some photos of the trip. We did mainly blues but snuck in a nice red on the last day.

3EDEBB49-D7B7-41D0-B96A-A9B409027685.jpeg

E3A09977-D8B2-4FFC-A75B-30AB83F1C0FB.jpeg

B7214BA6-AEE0-4237-951D-E8C4F7D43019.jpeg

7F89276E-0225-43F6-A857-FD3B74367EFB.jpeg

CCCD1C28-F4B3-4CB7-AD79-BE58A0DAC52C.jpeg

Last edited:
2nd Moab trip this summer. This one started off a little rough but we perservered. Gal tried to break into the 100 at a Denver hotel before we made the rest of the trip into Moab. She gave up but did shatter the glass so we went ahead and pushed it out and taped it up. Wasn't too bad. The window tint saved the day, really. $92 for aftermarket glass and I’ll put it in myself this week back home. She dropped her Costco Member card with name, Costco number and photo. PEOPLE SUCK.

Some photos of the trip. We did mainly blues but snuck in a nice red on the last day.

View attachment 3074995

View attachment 3075003

View attachment 3075008

View attachment 3075009

View attachment 3075010

Eagle Canyon is a good one! Looks like you made the best of it, despite crap people doing crap things.

View attachment 3074995

View attachment 3075003

View attachment 3075008

View attachment 3075009

View attachment 3075010
Costco Soccer Moms are dangerous creatures. Too bad Steve Irwin isn't around anymore to wrangle them into submission. Glad it worked out looks like a blast! #2020costcotoiletpaperbrawlsurvivor

Yep, that Eagle Canyon trail is fun. You've got mostly easy and then the rocky climb out north of I-70. Only concern were those rain clouds in the photos. It started raining and I remembered back to 2016 when we got stuck in a flash flood trying to get off of Willow Springs trail. Not fun!

Washed, clay barred and waxed. An annual event for me. The rig is gleaming! This look will last for a few days before dust and mud reapplied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom