What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I WFH so we just want to upgrade my wife’s Honda Accord to a newer one with way less miles and contribute some $$ to our youngest son’s savings so he can get a starter vehicle. No plans to replace the LC for now.
But it was the perfect background for your macho pics ;)

Just kidding, you are one of the rare Land Cruiser owners who is able to make sound financial decisions and not give in to the Cruiser-related wants!

I WFH so we just want to upgrade my wife’s Honda Accord to a newer one with way less miles and contribute some $$ to our youngest son’s savings so he can get a starter vehicle. No plans to replace the LC for now.

Makes perfect sense and as Classy pointed out, that's unusual when to comes to this forum!

Last edited:
Currently building a Coastal front bumper. I like how you cut out and added the led light bar in the center.
Wish I could take credit for it, but they offer a light bar cutout as an option. The only downside was not having an opening for the winch clutch release, so I had to drill a hole in the bumper and use a 3/8 extension to work the release.

Finally got around to installing these on the rear. Stiffened the ride up nicely.
8C662F41-16F4-40EF-BCCF-878D1652AA98.jpeg

Anyone know what this part is? Fell out while I was removing the front diff bushing. Also, removed the bushing within 15 mins. I cannot get the new one in so I called it a night and will try again tomorrow.

IMG-7138.jpg

IMG-7143.jpg

Anyone know what this part is? Fell out while I was removing the front diff bushing. Also, removed the bushing within 15 mins. I cannot get the new one in so I called it a night and will try again tomorrow.

View attachment 3037716

View attachment 3037717

That's the other end of a breather hose, like you'd find on one of your differentials. Worth maybe fishing around to make sure yours is still hooked up.

New spark plugs today. Although the book calls for iridium, I decided on Denso platinum TT plugs as they were half the cost of iridium and my LC is a weekend warrior that I'm not putting a lot of miles on.

All was going smooth until I found #7 was missing the gasket between the coil and the block. 😵‍💫 I've had the coils out in the past to check the plugs and never noticed it, but I'm sure it didn't fall off on removal today...

Glad I got this taken care of. I'll be more confident that the ticking is just a cracked manifold and not a plug about to blow out!

6F105ADF-3B5B-410F-A294-1394769520DB.jpeg

New spark plugs today. Although the book calls for iridium, I decided on Denso platinum TT plugs as they were half the cost of iridium and my LC is a weekend warrior that I'm not putting a lot of miles on.

All was going smooth until I found #7 was missing the gasket between the coil and the block. 😵‍💫 I've had the coils out in the past to check the plugs and never noticed it, but I'm sure it didn't fall off on removal today...

Glad I got this taken care of. I'll be more confident that the ticking is just a cracked manifold and not a plug about to blow out!

View attachment 3037864
That’s a terrible idea. Go in with OEM Iridium. They’re like $8 each from online genuine dealers.

The 2UZ HATES anything bolted to it that is not a factory item.

That’s a terrible idea. Go in with OEM Iridium. They’re like $8 each from online genuine dealers.

The 2UZ HATES anything bolted to it that is not a factory item.
I typically agree with that philosophy all around, but the 2UZ seems to have came from the factory with everything from copper to iridium depending on what vehicle it was in and the year. For example, the Tundra and Sequoia of the same vintage as my LC came with copper Denso plugs.

I decided to take a chance and I'll monitor fuel mileage and performance. If I find a decrease in performance I'll swap them out and definitely report back to the forum.

P.S. I'm a cheap bastard and you're probably right! Lol ;)

After about a year of the box collecting dust in the closet I finally swapped out my Vais MML for a Grom Vline2 to get some of that CarPlay action.
Install wasn't too bad minus it being close to 90 deg at 9AM.

Really tells you how bad the screen is but that's alright, I'll take it. Mounted the module in the glove box as suggested and ran the wiring for the mic and GPS along the lower edge of the windshield and the dashboard.

67734604061__1C8B3CBE-7C1F-4B90-835A-49300BB6B26C.jpeg

Replaced my tired LX AHC springs with 05-07 LC AHC Springs (Purple and Brown labelled) + 30 mm spacers. Insulators were included in these 2 toyota P/Ns.
I removed the diff breather mount and a brake hard line + soft section out of an abundance of caution while dropping the rear diff.

Right side spring was easy. Without a second person, I got the left spring on with the help of a factory bottle jack sitting on the diff housing (next to the rear left crossmember). It was anchored against a rubber block on the frame in wheel well area to get the amount of clearance needed.

The @LandCruiserPhil factory bottle jack adapter comes in handy for seating the left spring in case the frame/diff is off-center if you're not working on perfectly even ground.
View attachment 3036257
View attachment 3036258
View attachment 3036259
Rear springs are easy. Support truck on jack stands on both sides on frame, remove the wheels. Put jack under one end of the axle, remove the shock bolt, let the axle drop slowly. Do the same on the other side. The control arms will limit how far down it drops, springs will stay in. To release the springs, jack up on one side of the axle a bit, and the spring on the other side can be removed. Do both sides. Easy one person job.

TuningPros Window visors from Amazon for $40 shipped. Outside mount using 3m double sided tape, so no issues with auto windows. Shipped from Cali and arrived in a day that was awesome!

Tuningpros WD2-292 Outside Mount Window Visor Deflector Rain Guard Dark Smoke, 4 Pcs Set Compatible With 1998-2007 Lexus LX470
Amazon product ASIN B07K1DGD7J
View media item 83726
How have these window visors been holding-up on your 100?

Father's Day project to install the WKOR sliders I got from Black Friday. This is the OEM steps (if anyone in the Seattle area wants them for free, just send me a message). All pics with AHC in high mode.

sliders1.jpg

Removed

sliders2.jpg

Finally installed. The only complication is that the front u-bolt wants to be where the ASFIR mid plate brace is. The brace was too thick to have the u-bolt over the frame and the plate, so I decided to just remove the brace for now. Based on my search, what people have done is put a notch into it to get it to fit under the u-bolt. The rear driver side u-bolt was in a tight spot, so took awhile to use a wrench to tighten it. Overall, I think it looks great, and like the extra protection when I go overlanding.

sliders3.jpg

Got the entire skid plate tacked up. Just need to remove and weld everything. No grinding this time thankfully, because nobody will ever see any of it.

Unfortunately, I also looked up and saw that my brake booster is wet on the bottom, so I took about 30 seconds and went through all 7 stages of grief. I've accepted that I'm going to spend $1400 tomorrow.

It's either that or die on a mountain road, so...

20220619_190538.jpg

20220619_210920.jpg

Got the entire skid plate tacked up. Just need to remove and weld everything. No grinding this time thankfully, because nobody will ever see any of it.

Unfortunately, I also looked up and saw that my brake booster is wet on the bottom, so I took about 30 seconds and went through all 7 stages of grief. I've accepted that I'm going to spend $1400 tomorrow.

It's either that or die on a mountain road, so...

View attachment 3038640

View attachment 3038642
Rebuilt units are available for around $600 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom