What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a front set somewhere in my garage. I went back to originals with reduced front lift to about 1.5. 2-2.5 is too much for my liking. PM me if interested, I don't need those
As is mine, 2.5" lift. I wonder if the sway bars control better with this extension on the links. My 05 happens to be a heavy pig with front and rear bumpers and I'll take any additional control I can get. Did you notice a difference directly related to the additional length vs what may have just been fresh bushings?

Replaced my tired LX AHC springs with 05-07 LC AHC Springs (Purple and Brown labelled) + 30 mm spacers. Insulators were included in these 2 toyota P/Ns.
I removed the diff breather mount and a brake hard line + soft section out of an abundance of caution while dropping the rear diff.

Right side spring was easy. Without a second person, I got the left spring on with the help of a factory bottle jack sitting on the diff housing (next to the rear left crossmember). It was anchored against a rubber block on the frame in wheel well area to get the amount of clearance needed.

The @LandCruiserPhil factory bottle jack adapter comes in handy for seating the left spring in case the frame/diff is off-center if you're not working on perfectly even ground.
LC AHC Springs.JPG

RR LC AHC Spring.JPG

Factory Jack.JPG

Got coilpacks and plugs changed out. The coilpack bolts were so rusted that I had to use a bolt grip extractor on 6 of them. Got the passenger upstream o2 sensor out from the top, and while working on the drivers side, this "overseas" piece of s*** exploded. Contrast that to the tool attached to it that i thought I spent too much on, but just paid for itself. At this point in my life, I'm just buying tools that make life easier somehow.

Put bora spacers on, too.

20220616_194413.jpg

20220616_212445.jpg

20220616_211947.jpg

20220616_223630.jpg

20220616_223423.jpg

I replaced the spare tire carrier. I’ve been shorter in cash than I’d like to be, and can’t get to the things I’ve wanted to do. So since a new rear bumper is out of my financial, I’d rather keep the spare in its factory location while in roads and light trails.

Also, it turns out that my jack kit is missing the hook and that goes to the jack and fits into the spare carrier. Gotta find a replacement or find a reasonable alternative. I’m thinking about welding large hook into a 1/2 socket to use with my cordless impact driver. I only really use it for tire changes and undercarriage work.

I replaced the spare tire carrier. I’ve been shorter in cash than I’d like to be, and can’t get to the things I’ve wanted to do. So since a new rear bumper is out of my financial, I’d rather keep the spare in its factory location while in roads and light trails.

Also, it turns out that my jack kit is missing the hook and that goes to the jack and fits into the spare carrier. Gotta find a replacement or find a reasonable alternative. I’m thinking about welding large hook into a 1/2 socket to use with my cordless impact driver. I only really use it for tire changes and undercarriage work.
Stock location is the best location for spare tire. And it fits tires upto 33" easily!

As far as I can tell, it's the same hook as were on my 4Runner, Tacoma, 60-series, etc. Any pull-a-part should have a couple Toyota 4x4s in the yard, and they often have that toolkit.

Spent a bunch of time in SC many years back, absolutely cleaning house on a couple of 60s and 62s that fell to the Cash for Clunkers program.

ScanGauge II thrown in following some charging and cooling issues. Will be getting one of Ben's mounts to put it in the overhead console but it works here for now...

IMG_20220615_100041.jpg

IMG_20220615_191449.jpg

One of the more useful features is to display the transmission temps. Especially in warmer climates or if you tow much.

Yeah, I remember the thread for pulling that info, just need to set it up

Replaced my sunroof cables and cable guides this week. My sunroof had gotten stuck open, and with a lot of forcing I was able to get it mostly closed. Did it over three evenings after work. Operates faster and smoother than before now!

View attachment 3036650
Knock on wood never had to do this, but feel sooner or later inevitable

Even with lots of heat and oil, I managed to gall the living s*** out of the driver's o2 sensor threads. Hopefully there's enough usable thread so I can run a tap through there without having to order that chaser you run all the way in, spread out and then tap by pulling back blind. I don't know why I didn't cut the spark plug and put a real socket on it, but I'm not even sure that would've been the ticket. That thing was pretty stuck.

Also got more of the coastal skid plate done today. I had to modify a bit of it to get it to fit, as mine is a 98, and i think they used an lc/lx with a later steering rack as their r&d truck. I had to section a bit of the plate to clear a bolt for the steering rack in the crossmember. No big deal, and Brandon is aware now. I have some adjusting of the engine skid and tacking the transfer case skid to do before welding the entire thing. When this is done, I'm starting on their rear bumper.

20220617_204237.jpg

20220617_205043.jpg

20220617_230241.jpg

20220617_230247.jpg

Last edited:
Even with lots of heat and oil, I managed to gall the living s*** out of the driver's o2 sensor threads. Hopefully there's enough usable thread so I can run a tap through there without having to order that chaser you run all the way in, spread out and then tap by pulling back blind. I don't know why I didn't cut the spark plug and put a real socket on it, but I'm not even sure that would've been the ticket. That thing was pretty stuck.

Also got more of the coastal skid plate done today. I had to modify a bit of it to get it to fit, as mine is a 98, and i think they used an lc/lx with a later steering rack as their r&d truck. I had to section a bit of the plate to clear a bolt for the steering rack in the crossmember. No big deal, and Brandon is aware now. I have some adjusting of the engine skid and tacking the transfer case skid to do before welding the entire thing. When this is done, I'm starting on their rear bumper.

View attachment 3037095

View attachment 3037097

View attachment 3037098

View attachment 3037100
Currently building a Coastal front bumper. I like how you cut out and added the led light bar in the center.

Out of curiosity what are you going to replace it with?
I WFH so we just want to upgrade my wife’s Honda Accord to a newer one with way less miles and contribute some $$ to our youngest son’s savings so he can get a starter vehicle. No plans to replace the LC for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom