What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone a fan of light bars? I wanted some extra lighting when i go into the woods at night, i can't believe how bright this single row light bar is. Anyways, it's subtle and blends in with the rack kinda.

51427919643_4fc0942c8d_h.jpg

51428654450_aef4189547_h.jpg

With Morimotos only

51428814224_fbad874ffb_h.jpg

With the light bar on!!!

51427311252_8d173b5391_h.jpg

I wired it by fishing the lead wire through the unused roof rack hole, go under the roof liner and down into the footwell. Took a lot of time but it's a cleaner than running it on the outside down the windshield channel like most people do.

Any electricians here that can tell me if i did it safely? I used 16 gauge wire, and a 20amp fuse as the lead wire to the light bar using a switch rated 20amp as well. The light bar is supposedly 200watts, am i gonna burn anything?

Next mod should be a roof top tent 😆, what is your insta? :lol:
All kidding aside, that integrated rather well with your roof rack!

Next mod should be a roof top tent 😆, what is your insta? :lol:
All kidding aside, that integrated rather well with your roof rack!

I've spent way too much money on this rig already, i think i'm done, i sleep inside my truck like a hobo. i'm on IG as Waya.Life haven't posted in forever though

Anyone a fan of light bars? I wanted some extra lighting when i go into the woods at night, i can't believe how bright this single row light bar is. Anyways, it's subtle and blends in with the rack kinda.

51427919643_4fc0942c8d_h.jpg

51428654450_aef4189547_h.jpg

With Morimotos only

51428814224_fbad874ffb_h.jpg

With the light bar on!!!

51427311252_8d173b5391_h.jpg

I wired it by fishing the lead wire through the unused roof rack hole, go under the roof liner and down into the footwell. Took a lot of time but it's a cleaner than running it on the outside down the windshield channel like most people do.

Any electricians here that can tell me if i did it safely? I used 16 gauge wire, and a 20amp fuse as the lead wire to the light bar using a switch rated 20amp as well. The light bar is supposedly 200watts, am i gonna burn anything?
Can you please post the light bar info?

16 AWG is fine for 20A. 200W/12V=16.6A

How hard was it to find the steelies? They look fantastic.
I find them all the time. Craigslist and Facebook MarketPlace are littered with Tundra steel take-offs.

Btw any trick to removing rear wiper arm? I removed the nut but seems to be rust welded on there…
If it is rust welded, it will most likely break :(
Try some heat on it, maybe you will get lucky.

More progress and crappy cell phone pictures of the interior cargo rack. Need to fine tune the mounting brackets a little more to raise the passenger side about 3/8". Also need to work on the headliner contour of the vertical barrier to make it hug it a little better in the middle and on the ends. Disregard the cluttered cargo area, currently moving into a new house and transporting tool boxes and other messy equipment. Going to be sending it out to powdercoat here soon to get a better idea of how the finished design will look.

View attachment 2775471

View attachment 2775475

View attachment 2775472

View attachment 2775474

Really nice job on these Forger - looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom