What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my swaybar bushings, but managed to sheer off the rounded front D bracket bolt. Flank bite wrenches are a great investment, BTW.
View attachment 2517992
View attachment 2517993

I’m delaying drilling out the bolt for another day since I really don’t want to play the torsion bar adjustment game right now.
Dude this same bolt just broke on me yesterday... what’s your plan of attack to get it out?

Dude this same bolt just broke on me yesterday... what’s your plan of attack to get it out?
Had a similar issue with mine a few years back, used a cold chisel to break the captive nut off of the bracket and replaced with SS hardware.

Yeah that bracket is directly under the from AC drain. Makes it rust even in the driest climates!. Cut or chisel out the nut on the other side and replace with stainless steel bolt and nut

Wired up the fogs and turns on my new Ironman. Upgrading to LED fogs this week. Still considering wiring up the DRL's but man, that will take some work--to only have them on when the headlights are not.

Last edited:
Just did this a few weeks ago. The connector on mine crumbled (98 LX, 126k) so I bought a new OEM one online for about $10 IIRC. This connector is for 98-02 I believe; the newer models have a different connector. It’s basically just matching the wires into the new connector. However, plugging the new connector into the alternator was a little tough for some reason. I also replaced both PS hoses and the reservoir. No problems since

View attachment 2517417
Cool - seems from the replies that at least it's not just me, this really is a pain in the ass to do.

Did you just chop yours off and splice a new pigtail in, or did you wind up crushing the old connector (pliers?) to get it loose from the old alt? The main approach I haven't tried yet is caveman style with a set of channel locks since I was afraid I'd wind up smooshing that connector. But if it's $11 or so to get a new one...

finished up my wire harnesses for the switch-pros 9100. lights are all mia at the moment so i’m in no rush to install.
all 8 switches run. 5/6/7/8 are all 35-amp so they run doubles 18-ga into the 4 wire weatherpak connectors and go out to double 18-ga that will connect to 14-ga. i don’t have anything that’ll draw 35 but might as well plan ahead for that ice cream maker / blow dryer combo.

View attachment 2516467
This looks amazing, you're inspiring me to catch up with this project, I have the SwitchPro 9100 sitting in my garage!

Disappointing; was hoping this would be a good alternative to OEM, as the Denso units appear to be hit or miss as well. Hope Mishimoto makes it right.
72DDF890-AFC7-49A1-A840-3FAD6ED16ECF.png

made 2 phone calls, sent 3 emails, new radiator is on the way. No questions asked other than pics of the flaw. Customer service was friendly and helpful. Should have a replacement soon, and I don’t have to send this one back so I’ll be plastic welding the crack and using it like that until the new one comes. Great experience here despite broken rad.

View attachment 2518492
made 2 phone calls, sent 3 emails, new radiator is on the way. No questions asked other than pics of the flaw. Customer service was friendly and helpful. Should have a replacement soon, and I don’t have to send this one back so I’ll be plastic welding the crack and using it like that until the new one comes. Great experience here despite broken rad.
I did that fix for almost a year with no issues. Works better if that spot is rlly good and dry fyi, and be generous with the jb weld. And obviously check your coolant levels on the regular.

Reactions: MDK
Cool - seems from the replies that at least it's not just me, this really is a pain in the ass to do.

Did you just chop yours off and splice a new pigtail in, or did you wind up crushing the old connector (pliers?) to get it loose from the old alt? The main approach I haven't tried yet is caveman style with a set of channel locks since I was afraid I'd wind up smooshing that connector. But if it's $11 or so to get a new one...
I just crushed the old connector with my fingers and separated the wires, then plugged them into the new connector.

Removed the resonator and location of tail pipe. That along with the new bumper, even with the weight of it, and mounting the spare on the back will give me about 4-5 inches more clearance at the back end.

20201207_134102_LI.jpg

Wired up the fogs and turns on my new Ironman. Upgrading to LED fogs this week. Still considering whiring up the DRL's but man, that will take some work--to only have them on when the headlights are not.

I'm actually in the process of doing the same thing for mine while getting rid of the stock DRLs. I was thinking of just tapping into the DRL signal and feeding it into a relay...just need to research which wire to tap into. I also thought about wiring it so the DRL turns off when the corresponding turn signal is on.

After removing the AHC accumulators and parts that were attached to the frame, I wanted to clean up any surface rust left behind where the accumulator made contact. I used a wire wheel to polish down the surface. Primed and painted with black engine paint. I just want it to be clean and covered before I install the rock sliders.

1607340705107.png

1607340826642.png

Any tips on how to remove the top nuts on the top part of the frame rails?

After removing the AHC accumulators and parts that were attached to the frame, I wanted to clean up any surface rust left behind where the accumulator made contact. I used a wire wheel to polish down the surface. Primed and painted with black engine paint. I just want it to be clean and covered before I install the rock sliders.

View attachment 2518607

View attachment 2518608

I believe in theory this should work as the DRL light would trigger the relay. Just need to find which wire to tap. I'd love to have this feature work. I'd be fine with just leaving the DRL on with the turn signals. Let me know if you find that DRL wire.

I'm actually in the process of doing the same thing for mine while getting rid of the stock DRLs. I was thinking of just tapping into the DRL signal and feeding it into a relay...just need to research which wire to tap into. I also thought about wiring it so the DRL turns off when the corresponding turn signal is on.

Any tips on how to remove the top nuts on the top part of the frame rails?

I managed to get two to break loose with a long 12mm box end followed by a Gear Wrench ratcheting box end. The other two I had to cut off with a Sawzall. Once I got some room to apply leverage I could remove them. I cut off the studs and ground off any remnants that were holding the accumulators. I still need to remove the unit that is inside the frame. I know there is a brake line that runs by it so I need to be careful with that one.

Quality tools (like Kingchrome), plenty WD40 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom