What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Died twice yesterday while wife was driving. Thought it was a simple dead battery which I replaced to no avail. Towed her to Toyexus who confirmed dead alternator. Been needing to do the timing belt so she's under the wrench for the next few days.

IMG_20200817_230749.jpg

Do these give you more travel with the AHC? Other benefits of upgrading?

The arms alone don't provide any more travel. But, combined with the AHC spacers and the adjusting the AHC sensors, I have more drop, i think I've seen about 1" additional drop now.

You may not be able to tell from the photos, but the original control arm was contacting the shock shield, the Total Chaos arms don't have that problem.

And, lastly the Total Chaos arms also correct castor after lifting it. It drives much better now after getting it re-aligned.

Died twice yesterday while wife was driving. Thought it was a simple dead battery which I replaced to no avail. Towed her to Toyexus who confirmed dead alternator. Been needing to do the timing belt so she's under the wrench for the next few days.

View attachment 2409171
What year and how many miles does yours have? I just took a long road trip to Bryce/Zion and I kept a close eye on the battery gauge. I think before my next trip I'm going to replace the alternator and radiator as mine is a 1999 with 123k miles.

Replaced the horns in our 99 LX, that had somehow lost their plastic "trumpet" and sounded like a Corolla with emphysema, with a little "buzz" for good measure:

1597879681764.png

With some of the JDM "premium" horns for a 200 series:
1597879745758.png

I don't know how "premium" they really are, but they did bolt right up, and plug right into the factory connectors. They felt a bit more flimsy (more plastic, less metal) than what was taken off, but they do sound better than 21 year old horns without their trumpets.

What year and how many miles does yours have? I just took a long road trip to Bryce/Zion and I kept a close eye on the battery gauge. I think before my next trip I'm going to replace the alternator and radiator as mine is a 1999 with 123k miles.

1999 with 214,000 mi

Got tired of wet dogs making the carpet reek after camping/swimming trips. Couldn’t find a cargo liner that would cover the area under the 2nd row when the seats are folded up, so I made one using garage floor liner from Walmart.com. Think it turned out pretty nice.
84EC25E0-5BE4-4261-8D6A-14556AC5AD69.jpeg

D415720C-B9E6-4603-AAC4-94D9D20831D9.jpeg

4667F53B-7337-4CA5-A7AE-B4BF21CFB4F0.jpeg

017540B8-6C1D-4396-AF2B-727073EDF734.jpeg

Why did they recall it? Did Lexus have it repainted for you?
The actual paint had a defect and it faded very unevenly. At first it was ok but when it was demoted to the driveway the sun did a job on it. I think the first few years some folks had Lexus help with it but it has been too many years now.

Spent a couple hours after work wiping down and cleaning the 2nd row seats that have been sitting in the garage all summer. Took them out so we could sleep in the back.

Seats don't look great but not horrible either. Liked the pickup truck feel at first but started to get real awkward feeling having an SUV that seats 2 people. That and I got family flying in from Alaska in 2 weeks and I might even need to utilize the third row for them.

Also, made an appointment with my paint guy to get the hood re-sprayed. Very much looking forward to this.

Why did they recall it? Did Lexus have it repainted for you?
That paint code was prone to spotting and failing. Google pictures of that color and you’ll see what happened to it after spending some time in the elements.

I finally changed out my instrument cluster lights to green LED. I'd done the center climate control lights, shifter area, vent window switches a while back but wanted it all to match. Got em in, and one light just could not get it to light up. Pulled unit out at least a dozen times, finally broke out the multi meter and found the circuit board connections at that socket were intermittent. So I rigged up a 9v battery to two clip on leads, touched the ends to either side of a known working installed bulb and found I could light up all 6 locations, unit out of the vehicle, to visually see what was on or not before I put it back in. After some fiddling, got every bulb lit. Love the color, not as uniform as original bulbs, and green dulls the orange indicators so they are kinda dark. But now all lights are green in the cabin area, except for the hazard which I kept red.

And I pulled my front hub DS attempting to track down a clunking going on in that area. Previous mechanics buggered a few things that I need to fix like a flange stud not fully inserted, lock washer with no index bump to keep it from rotating, cone washers shot and snap ring gap much too loose. But overall it looked fine. Maybe the noise is my tie rod end.

Lost my side view mirror on the highway... Not cool when I have a safety inspection in 10 days! Lexus quoted my $571 just for the mirror itself :rofl:.

Mirror.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom