What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This week I finally installed headers and also an electronic muffler.

The headers are TRI Y 6-2-1, meaning maximum low-mid range torque boost as opposed to 6-1 headers which are for peak power. With stock engine internals not much of a difference though just sound.

Believe it or not, the 6-2-1 headers have a significantly different tone than the 6-1.

Headers have 1 5/8 Primaries and a 3-inch collector. The connecting pipe is also 3 inches, as well as the muffler.

I have it set up so when the muffler is opened it goes straight through without the resonator, when off it goes through the tailpipe resonator. The muffler is not straight through when closed, it sounds and flows similar to stock when closed.

Sound clips closed and open, in and outside cab tomorrow hopefully!.

View attachment 2406667

View attachment 2406668

View attachment 2406669

View attachment 2406678
d*mn. Very cool.

Finally removed the running boards. Kids might need a trampoline to get in the back seat! Second photo, is this the weight I’ve read about? I can remove it too, yes?

F7C436F7-C40A-478D-B3AB-A53809896CA9.jpeg

2D4EAC35-C43D-47EA-A5EB-B5EA99885435.jpeg

^^^ yes you can remove it, but don't throw it away. If you notice a slight humming/vibration after removing then that's what kept the exhaust from booming.

This week I finally installed headers and also an electronic muffler.

The headers are TRI Y 6-2-1, meaning maximum low-mid range torque boost as opposed to 6-1 headers which are for peak power. With stock engine internals not much of a difference though just sound.

Believe it or not, the 6-2-1 headers have a significantly different tone than the 6-1.

Headers have 1 5/8 Primaries and a 3-inch collector. The connecting pipe is also 3 inches, as well as the muffler.

I have it set up so when the muffler is opened it goes straight through without the resonator, when off it goes through the tailpipe resonator. The muffler is not straight through when closed, it sounds and flows similar to stock when closed.

Sound clips closed and open, in and outside cab tomorrow hopefully!.

View attachment 2406667

View attachment 2406668

View attachment 2406669

View attachment 2406678
OK, someone educate me on the history/application of these tires. They're on the 100 AND the 200. Better on sand covered roads?

OK, someone educate me on the history/application of these tires. They're on the 100 AND the 200. Better on sand covered roads?

They are made of nylon only which makes it ride externally soft. They dont have much bite which makes them not dig on sand.

the big downsides are onroad vibration, noise and they get easily punctured

Finally removed the running boards. Kids might need a trampoline to get in the back seat! Second photo, is this the weight I’ve read about? I can remove it too, yes?

View attachment 2406850

View attachment 2406852
hey I was just wondering, I have an 05 lx and was wondering where you put the plug for the lights that go into the boards and if there is anything that the running board protects.

hey I was just wondering, I have an 05 lx and was wondering where you put the plug for the lights that go into the boards and if there is anything that the running board protects.

Just cleaned, taped up, and zip tied the lead and female connector for the puddle lights. I plan to add LED strips soon. And sliders are also soon going on; I would much rather bash the running boards than the frame.

Question for all: when pulling the running boards and exposing the underside of the rocker panel, the drivers side had like 8 screws keeping it in place, but the passenger side had none. Why/how could all 8 passenger side screws be missing?

Installed rear sway bar links. Replaced pretty much everything except the metal link itself. The two bolts on each side the hold the bracket to the frame, were pretty corroded. I'd bought new ones to replace, glad I did. Have had my LC for 3 years now, and I still love it.

Just to mark the occasion, I got myself stuck in the sand and self-extrication took me over a small tree, added some custom offroading pin striping, and bashed a pretty good ding and bend into the PS step. Kinda like getting a tattoo to mark a special moment in life.

Sound clip on the new exhaust setup for anyone who was curious about how it sounds.

(Sound clips: In-cab rev, In-cab launch 0-120KM, Outside)

I did not feel a difference in power and torque.

All clips with muffler OPEN, when closed it sounds exactly like stock so no point of showing that.

Last edited:
Sound clip on the new exhaust setup for anyone who was curious about how it sounds.

(Sound clips: In-cab rev, In-cab launch 0-120KM, Outside)

I did not feel a difference in power and torque.

All clips with muffler OPEN, when closed it sounds exactly like stock so no point of showing that.

lmao that rev limit, you guys in Qatar don't F around.

Is that the 4.5 inline 6 that you guys get out there? Sounds good

lmao that rev limit, you guys in Qatar don't F around.

Is that the 4.5 inline 6 that you guys get out there? Sounds good

Yes 1FZE 4.5 Inline 6, same one as the 80 series but with updates.

These things are indestructible, I have been hitting rev limiter almost every time I drive it lol, on all of my LC100's that I owned since 2006. Not a single problem. Not a single rebuild on the engines, just change the oil frequently and inspect coolant and your good.

And just to make sure sure since I've never done any radio/head unit work; I'm going to have to probably get the install kit (sold separately) and an amp if I don't want to bypass the sub.. right?

I am a complete novice for audio installs too. All I know is the Sub is in the left rear quarter panel. When I installed my headunit, I just connected the four speakers and called it a day! No sub-woofer or amp in my car!

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could put 285/65/20 on my 05' LX470 without modifications. They come off of a Tundra TSS and was wondering if it has ever been done before. The wheels are at a super deal right now (750) for all four wrapped in BFG All Terrains.
116427489_10157825384963386_584076540613873101_o.jpg

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could put 285/65/20 on my 05' LX470 without modifications. They come off of a Tundra TSS and was wondering if it has ever been done before. The wheels are at a super deal right now (750) for all four wrapped in BFG All Terrains.View attachment 2407708

Will not fit on a stock rig. That's basically a 35" tire (34.5") which will rub without a lot of mods.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could put 285/65/20 on my 05' LX470 without modifications. They come off of a Tundra TSS and was wondering if it has ever been done before. The wheels are at a super deal right now (750) for all four wrapped in BFG All Terrains.View attachment 2407708
Yep I say keep looking. At some point you’d likely realize those wheels are hideous too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom