Adventure Chaser 100 series build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really digging those RoadSafe recovery points! Very nice addition and smart as well.

yup got them through someone on this forum I think it was @ranma21

Thanks for referring me, yup that is me, I am currently out of them but will have more in the coming shipment. ;)

got out the weekend before July 4th and had a relaxing weekend in not such a primitive place but still worth it! The showers were crucial and got me thinking if I want to install any way of carrying water on board.

But anyways it was surprisingly cooler than expected with the ridiculous heat we had closer to the city.

2018-07-02 04.07.15 1.jpg

2018-07-02 04.19.46 1.jpg

2018-07-02 04.25.07 1.jpg

2018-07-02 04.21.47 1.jpg

2018-07-02 04.14.23 1.jpg

Finally got around to staining my KISS Drawer fronts. I had carpeted the insides when putting them together. I also added some straps to the sides so I can flip them up easily without having to open a drawer.

Next I think i'd like to cut the front part of them so I can flip them up when the rear seats are still up but I don't want to take it apart so I'll have to see if I can jigsaw it haha

Swapped hardware holding on the aux lights with stainless ones.
Put in fresh 555 upper and lower ball joints.
Had to refill grease on an outer CV boot.
Somehow the big pfran style clamp had popped off entirely on the outer boot

what brand window visors are those?

With quarantine I got bored and wanted a rack but didn't want to drop close to 1k so I found some inspiration from 2 threads here on mud. if you search 8020 roof rack you should come across them. One was in the 200 series forum.

I went with the 15 series aluminum extrusions from www.tnutz.com (yes it's a Z on the end and yes they are legit)
the 15 series are just about the right thickness to be flush with the factory rails.
I went with the 1x1 corner gussets as opposed to plain L brackets and the 2x2 corner gussets seem to take up too much space for my liking.

Be sure to measure the width between your factory rails at all points you plan on placing a cross bar since there seems to be some variance among different trucks and years too. I measured probably 10 times with 2 tape measures before placing an order.

I also went with the standard tnuts and not the economy ones. Later on I may use economy for some attachments. I also went with the counterbore option as it should give me access to drop in carriage bolts or tnuts without having to slide them in from the end.

I've screen shotted my exact order.

This is basically the same type of bars that prinsu and prospeed and some other aftermarket rack makers are using. This is enough for me and should be for a while. The bars had a slight deflection when I stood in the center of it but i don't foresee myself putting that much weight on it in a single point.

i figure this I'll post a shameless plug here also for my instagram : www.instagram.com/ventureworks.us

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.32.24 PM.png

roofrack3.jpg

roofrack1.jpg

roofrack2.jpg

What’s your clearance on the roof at the center point?

nice build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom