What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought one of these oil saver pans after seeing my buddy's set up. He hung a cover over the top to keep dust out also: Amazon.com: WirthCo 32947 Funnel King B.O.B. Bottom of The Bottle Oil Bottle Draining System: Automotive

Also added a couple pairs of laser blocking glasses to my center console in case I come across an antifa road block: FreeMascot OD 4+ 190nm-550nm Wavelength Laser Safety Glasses for Typical 405nm, 445nm, 450nm, 520nm, 532nm Laser Light for Hair Removal Laser Treatment Eye Protection Goggles (Red) - - Amazon.com

Bzi4qsD.jpg

I bought one of these oil saver pans after seeing my buddy's set up. He hung a cover over the top to keep dust out also: Amazon.com: WirthCo 32947 Funnel King B.O.B. Bottom of The Bottle Oil Bottle Draining System: Automotive

Also added a couple pairs of laser blocking glasses to my center console in case I come across an antifa road block: FreeMascot OD 4+ 190nm-550nm Wavelength Laser Safety Glasses for Typical 405nm, 445nm, 450nm, 520nm, 532nm Laser Light for Hair Removal Laser Treatment Eye Protection Goggles (Red) - - Amazon.com

Bzi4qsD.jpg
Oh wow, one of those things I never knew I needed. I'm getting one for my syrup bottles.

Just got done installing these Freedom Off-Road upper control arms, off to alignment tomorrow and then I can get some impressions. OE ball joints were completely shot and leaking.

IMG_8721.jpg

They are made of nylon only which makes it ride externally soft. They dont have much bite which makes them not dig on sand.

the big downsides are onroad vibration, noise and they get easily punctured
Just got done installing these Freedom Off-Road upper control arms, off to alignment tomorrow and then I can get some impressions. OE ball joints were completely shot and leaking.

View attachment 2408184
Nice. You installed yourself? How long did that take you?

I just finished towing a 7000lb trailer from FL to OR in four days.

I'll create a post regarding what works, and what doesn't, on such Cannonball Runs.

Nice. You installed yourself? How long did that take you?
Yep! About an hour and a half. It's stupid easy. Jack up car, jack stand, support lower arm under floor jack, mark the camber bolts, remove (2) camber nuts, remove ball joint nut, break ball joint free with hammer, remove (2) camber bolts, remove upper control arm and reverse process.

Finally installed my Total Chaos upper control arms (painted black). I had to weld a small piece of c-channel on the arm to mount my AHC adjuster to. I still need make some small changes, but they work and my AHC is happy. Best part is, if my AHC decides to crap out on me, all I need to do is unbolt the AHC adjuster off the arm and its ready to go.

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

Finally installed my Total Chaos upper control arms (painted black). I had to weld a small piece of c-channel on the arm to mount my AHC adjuster to. I still need make some small changes, but they work and my AHC is happy. Best part is, if my AHC decides to crap out on me, all I need to do is unbolt the AHC adjuster off the arm and its ready to go.

View attachment 2408385

View attachment 2408386

View attachment 2408387

View attachment 2408388

View attachment 2408389
Do these give you more travel with the AHC? Other benefits of upgrading?

Can any alignment bosses tell me how this looks? I don’t understand why this wouldn't be any less than perfect with my new control arms on a 2.5” lift.
88FD57CD-F78B-4199-8773-8E0432B5EB9B.jpeg

Can any alignment bosses tell me how this looks? I don’t understand why this wouldn't be any less than perfect with my new control arms on a 2.5” lift. View attachment 2408557
Looks like you should get a bit more caster on left front!

Looks like you should get a bit more caster on left front!
Wife dropped off the car but said the guy was struggling to adjust the left without it moving the right side? I don’t know what he’s talking about.

I just finished the build on this 2000 Land Cruiser. Deflared, removed all body trip, and repainted in Desert Dune. Level III SecondSkin soundproofing. Dobinson 1.5” lift and torsion bars. Nitto ridge grapplers on Toyota TRD BBS wheels. Prinsu rack. Sweeeeeeet! She’s beautiful. I am biased. She’s still beautiful.

View attachment 2403341
Beautiful rig, it's amazing how much cleaner they look without the trim! PITA to do the work but worth it!!!!

Can any alignment bosses tell me how this looks? I don’t understand why this wouldn't be any less than perfect with my new control arms on a 2.5” lift. View attachment 2408557

Everything is within OEM range, except that left caster. Maybe it's an inexperience tech? Not sure...

What's your concern other than the caster?

Here's mine for reference

2020-08-18_13-11-00.jpeg

Everything is within OEM range, except that left caster. Maybe it's an inexperience tech? Not sure...

What's your concern other than the caster?

Here's mine for reference

View attachment 2408716
Just wanted to confirm I wasn’t out too much and how close I am to spec. Thanks for sharing this!

After my usual bloodletting ceremony, I replaced the driver's front window regulator and motor Now automatic up and down and pinch works as it should. The old motor has been on its last leg since I bought the LX in January. I had a new motor and regulator waiting for the day when finally gave up.

Now I need to figure out how to replace the door lock actuator motor while I have the door card off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom