What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Busy few weeks. New rear upper/lower metal tech control arms, new front/rear extended sway bar links, new diff drop, new 50mm rear coil spacers, new OEM rear drive shaft and new to me Tundra take offs with BFG 275/70/18s. Also cut in some rigid flush mount Amber fogs into my ARB, wired into my factory fog light switch. Love the new stance and the new wheels. Definitely feels more planted on the road, all the bushings on my rear arms were shot.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ok this is more I’m doing this right now...I’m installing some Old Man Emu springs 2865, now everything I see says that these are for 1.5” lift medium duty up...are they really shorter than the OE springs...everything was stock on this vehicle or at least shocks were and I thought springs....is that for real? So are they are stronger compression?

View attachment 2231969
Much stronger spring, it will not compress as much as the stock springs. Just did the same thing about a week ago. You’ll see all is well.

Took off OME shocks and installed Tough Dog 41mm fronts and 45mm adjustable rears from @TRAIL TAILOR . Still have the OME 865 medium springs.

So far so good. Fixed some crazy squeaking and a much less tooth-rattling ride.

Hard to get a good shot of the rears installed.

View attachment 2232003View attachment 2232004
Looks like your UBJ boot might be torn?? Worth a look due to the build up on it.

Took off OME shocks and installed Tough Dog 41mm fronts and 45mm adjustable rears from @TRAIL TAILOR . Still have the OME 865 medium springs.

So far so good. Fixed some crazy squeaking and a much less tooth-rattling ride.

Hard to get a good shot of the rears installed.

View attachment 2232003View attachment 2232004

So OME or tough dog? I have stock everything

I was on board w OME but started looking into tg.

Whats your honest opinion? What kind of driving do you do offroad?

Those are nice, who makes them? From appearances the look to be 16” as well... can you post a link to the website?
Thanks, I really like them. Had to get the heat gun out and push the fender liners out of the way and flatten the pinch welds. No rubs so far.

Replaced my OME shocks with adjustable Tough Dogs. I was able to notice an appreciable difference in the ride...it’s still not a Caddy but definitely improved. View attachment 2231480

Is that a Timbren bump stop above the rear axle? If you don't mind my asking, how long have you had it, and are you satisfied with its performance?

So OME or tough dog? I have stock everything

I was on board w OME but started looking into tg.

Whats your honest opinion? What kind of driving do you do offroad?

I don't get off-road nearly enough. Crossing fingers for HIHX this year though.

I'd go Tough Dog, all the way. Check out the Tough Dog review thread. Here are a few good quotes:

@ga12r1:
Tough Dog is probably the best suspension right now for the money. To be honest, at this point I’m not sure why someone would choose OME over Tough Dog. The adjustable rear shocks are the best mod I’ve done to date. A game changer for me.

@gatormark91:
I love mine. TD shocks, 41mm front, TD adjustable in the back, TD torsion bars. OME springs in the back for now. My 100 rides better than my '17 Tacoma Off Road which has Bilstein 5100s, OME springs up front, and an AAL in the back. On the LC, I set the adjuster at 2 or 3 on the trail, 5 on the highway, and 7 when towing. The ability to adjust the rebound makes it like changing out to a different shock for every use. Best money you can spend on your suspension, and they are priced very nicely, too.
I run OME medium rear springs with TD shocks. Supple smooth, very nice ride.

@dirtdawg:
I absolutely love this setup. I’ve ridden in practically all the different options (minus big players like icon) and TD still remains my favorite. I’ve had zero issues whatsoever and I have run this setup HARD. I love the adjustable rears as you can change the ride depending on the load your carrying and the conditions your riding in. If anyone is even considering a suspension kit, go Tough Dog.

@kelly saad:
Installed my rear springs and all 4 shocks last week. Immediately went on a 300 mile trip to meet up with the Beach & Toys club out of San Diego. We went to an area north of Joshua Tree where there are abandoned gold mines and a a good amount of trails. It’s a pretty good place to test this stuff off road. I can say that I’m glad I switched from yellow to silver! On the highway it’s wonderful, and off road it’s just great. I love the adjustable rear shocks. Very happy.

Got in a minor accident that wrecked the front bumper and center/passenger trim below the headlights on my 06 LX. Any replacement options out there that aren’t super heavy? I’m still running stock AHC and would like to keep it until it finally dies. Truck has 186k.

Got in a minor accident that wrecked the front bumper and center/passenger trim below the headlights on my 06 LX. Any replacement options out there that aren’t super heavy? I’m still running stock AHC and would like to keep it until it finally dies. Truck has 186k.
TJM T17 if you are cost conscious otherwise @benc makes dissent bumper in aluminum that's lightweight and very good looking and provides a lot better approach angle than stock

I have the TJM t17 bumper and winch tray. No noticeable difference in handling. If you’d prefer to go back to stock, I still have my stock pieces. Could be yours for very little $?

Is there an offset difference between LC and tundra wheels?
Not sure, I'm running Spidetrax 1.25" spacers if that helps. I think you need the spacers for the center caps to fit, other than that, I'm not sure of other fitment issues. These cleared everything fine. I'm 21" hub to fender up front and 22.5" in the rear. ~3" of droop up front. If you need any other details on my setup, let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom