What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJM T17 if you are cost conscious otherwise @benc makes dissent bumper in aluminum that's lightweight and very good looking and provides a lot better approach angle than stock
I may be missing it but no T17 is listed for the 100-series on TJM’s website, and 05+ LXs aren’t in their model drop-downs for any TJM product. Where is best to look/buy? Not TJM’s website?

Finally had time/permissive weather to paint the trim on the driver’s side...

Neighbor’s kids said it looks so different they thought I bought a new truck...for whatever the opinion of 9 year olds is worth.

F974E0A8-1E99-4425-86BC-09D03B7111A8.jpeg

83423CBD-E9CB-4773-91B6-CAEBDE3918C4.jpeg

I repacked my bearings and did new front brakes. I also bled the fluid all around. Rear brakes I already did.

Used Timken NLGI 2 grease: https://amzn.to/39AiT5h

I also chose a Powerstop kit. I've had great luck with these on previous trucks. I go for the Tow version: https://amzn.to/2TzYyHS

Slotted and cross drilled look cool!

C67Vnrx.jpg

oyKnNhE.jpg

JRE2Zx1.jpg

Swapped my ENTIRE INTERIOR with another MUD member. Swapped my tan for his gray. Don’t really care to ever do it again. Dropping it off in the morning to have the leather touched up and then off the to the detailers to get the carpet tuned up.

B2336505-73EF-4B93-93F6-06F92ACCA3C6.jpeg

C6C7A86B-4EAB-4F1C-8D74-B8ED32EBEBD4.jpeg

AD00ECC5-32C8-4655-B294-3E3B92DDA9EF.jpeg

B3440BA6-EAAC-4E3A-8F4C-A4C82A7659C6.jpeg

New Alpine ilx-f309 HU. This was not fun, had to cut out a pretty good chunk of the top of the dash panel so that it would slide around/under the "hovering" screen. Also installed a backup camera while everything was ripped out. Love it so far, but knuckles still recovering. Screen looks kinda washed out in these pics, not so in person.

IMG-0842.jpg

IMG-0961.jpg

Swapped my ENTIRE INTERIOR with another MUD member. Swapped my tan for his gray. Don’t really care to ever do it again. Dropping it off in the morning to have the leather touched up and then off the to the detailers to get the carpet tuned up.

View attachment 2233496

View attachment 2233497

View attachment 2233498

View attachment 2233499

I can't believe there were actually two of you who wanted to do the swap and were willing to go to the trouble of getting it done. Bravo to both of you.

filled mine up on Saturday, first full fill up since I got it.
12.48mpg as calculated by dividing gallons put in by trip miles. 275/70/16s.
That's me being heavy footed (v8 ooga ooga), needs tune up, shocks and tires.
Hoping to get the magic 14-15 once the above is done...

Funny, I actually prefer the tan over the grey myself. Don't prefer it that badly though !

filled mine up on Saturday, first full fill up since I got it.
12.48mpg as calculated by dividing gallons put in by trip miles. 275/70/16s.
That's me being heavy footed (v8 ooga ooga), needs tune up, shocks and tires.
Hoping to get the magic 14-15 once the above is done...
I think something like an induction cleaning, gas tank treatment, MASS Airflow sensor clean, and throttle body intake clean, and oil change with help especially if you're up in miles. I did a set from BG (44K, EPR, and MOA) instead of Seafoam and last night and seemed to do well but I don't if the BG44K was worth the extra money over seafoam. However my oil is noticably cleaner for longer and viscosity maintained longer than last time, going to have it tested and compared to the last sample. I think overtime I've seen .5-1 MPG gain in using 91-93, but again, probably not actually worth the money if that's the goal. Now if performance and longevity or the goal on the other hand...

I think something like an induction cleaning, gas tank treatment, MASS Airflow sensor clean, and throttle body intake clean, and oil change with help especially if you're up in miles. I did a set from BG (44K, EPR, and MOA) instead of Seafoam and last night and seemed to do well but I don't if the BG44K was worth the extra money over seafoam. However my oil is noticably cleaner for longer and viscosity maintained longer than last time, going to have it tested and compared to the last sample. I think overtime I've seen .5-1 MPG gain in using 91-93, but again, probably not actually worth the money if that's the goal. Now if performance and longevity or the goal on the other hand...
Good call, I was going to pick up a can of seafoam for the gas tank, and/or possibly put some in when I do an oil change. I've always noticed a 1-3 mpg gain in my vehicles when I run seafoam with a fill up. Can only do it so often though.

This week I
1. changed out my PS reservoir
2. installed my 3rd row seatbelts (Will need to haul kids around) after the PO cut the originals out.
3. Replaced my hood struts and got rid of having to use my 7 iron (pic)
4. The week prior I had a new radiator installed and I did my Heater Ts and hoses.

Next up is to have a shop look at my UCA and LCA in the front and see if they need to completely be replaced or just the ball joints.

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 8.53.45 AM.png

View attachment 2233496

View attachment 2233497

View attachment 2233498

View attachment 2233499

There are people in this world who would rather junk the truck than take the dash off to replace a leaky heater core and then there are people with dedication to an interior color like yourself!! To say I am impressed is just a gross understatement.

Did you take any other pics in-process? Any tips or tricks for others who might have to take the dash off?

Had a whistle develop at idle so I checked the vacuum lines on the intake tube. Discovered a small crack in the resonator that sits above the coils. I decided to try a $20 4.7 Tundra/Sequoia intake tube on the Cruiser.

IMG_20200309_130811.jpg
IMG_20200309_130826.jpg

The Tundra/Sequoia intake had the 4 ports needed to hook up the vacuum lines.
- The PCV hose hooked up without a problem.
- The Power steering idle line hooked up with a little rerouting.
- The fuel regulator and line to Charcoal canister needed extended.

I notice a little more intake noise at 3,500 RPM.

Last edited:
Had a whistle develop at idle so I checked the vacuum lines on the intake tube. Discovered a small crack in the resonator that sits above the coils. I decided to try a $20 4.7 Tundra/Sequoia intake tube on the Cruiser.

View attachment 2234003View attachment 2234004

The Tundra/Sequoia intake had the 4 ports needed to hook up the vacuum lines.
- The PCV hose hooked up without a problem.
- The Power steering idle line hooked up with a little rerouting.
- The fuel regulator and line to Charcoal canister needed extended.

I notice a little more intake noise at 3,500 RPM.
I love it. I have been fighting P0171 code and am suspecting the intake hose has a tiny hole somewhere. $20 isn't too bad to try out!

Finally had time/permissive weather to paint the trim on the driver’s side...

Neighbor’s kids said it looks so different they thought I bought a new truck...for whatever the opinion of 9 year olds is worth.

View attachment 2233074

Did you sand down the molding before painting? I'm getting ready to do this to my 100 but I think I'm going to remove the molding from the cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom