What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes that’s the plan. Once I put on the body lift I’ll have to pay the money to regear because it would be stupid not to. Then I’ll buy some old cars from the penny saver and drive over them repeatedly.
If you don’t film it “It didn’t happen”!

Today I wait in anticipation...as tomorrow my rig is heading to Duggys Garage in Houston for ALL (most) of the things I wanted since I bought her 6+ years ago.

Slee Blueberry Front Bumper
Slee Rear Bumpers
Baja Design Squadron LED Lights
Winch
Slee Sliders
Snorkel

Also taking the 5 Tundra TRD Pro 18” Wheels I bought to get powder coated...thinking I’m gonna branch out (for me) and do a Bronze finish (not sure which yet).

Today I wait in anticipation...as tomorrow my rig is heading to Duggys Garage in Houston for ALL (most) of the things I wanted since I bought her 6+ years ago.

Slee Blueberry Front Bumper
Slee Rear Bumpers
Baja Design Squadron LED Lights
Winch
Slee Sliders
Snorkel

Also taking the 5 Tundra TRD Pro 18” Wheels I bought to get powder coated...thinking I’m gonna branch out (for me) and do a Bronze finish (not sure which yet).

Someone is spending $$$$$
Post pre and post pics

Introduced my kids to a cassette tape last night... Greased the front and rear propeller shafts today.

150C56ED-1A65-458A-AAED-EFEC6F652660.jpeg

sure sounds like the same symptoms guys experience when there’s an issue with the c clips on the shafts at the drive flanges....did that all look tight during tear down?

This kind of what I am dealing with too. My right front axle is making the whole truck vibrate. I took the grease cap off and saw the C clip was half popped out of the groove.
I have new axles on order, we'll see how that goes

What’s the logical thing to do after a full paint correction and ceramic coating? Take my dog exploring the forest service roads to get more pinstripes 😁 Taken in the Ouachita Nat. Forest near Flatside Pinnacle.

8790DE09-3233-4B1C-B865-9C0787B36F9A.jpeg

55927C1D-515B-4F53-8A69-3461F6C8F6C0.jpeg

sure sounds like the same symptoms guys experience when there’s an issue with the c clips on the shafts at the drive flanges....did that all look tight during tear down?

I saw no issues at all during tear down. Both spring clips were seated properly in their channels. nothing was loose, or stuck too tight, though the spindles needed a lot of encouragement from the 4 lb hammer to drop off the lower ball joints. If the Superbowl werent today I'd have put another hour into it after church today, but we went for a hike instead. Thanks for the links. I will check the threads out.

Picked up a little fuel tank from the freight terminal. It is the 40 gallon LRA replacement tank. I can't wait to get it installed :bounce:

View attachment 2199048

View attachment 2199050
Love this. This is my next upgrade. Does it really require to have a post lift to get this installed? Or doable in an average garage? Thanks and awaiting for the installation write up with pics!

Love this. This is my next upgrade. Does it really require to have a post lift to get this installed? Or doable in an average garage? Thanks and awaiting for the installation write up with pics!
I hope not! The only lift I have is a floor jack :hillbilly: Might have to lift the frame to get clearance so the tank can slide under the rig, but I don't foresee any other issues. I'll start the install once I get my current fuel level down below a 1/4 tank (within a few days) and do a thorough write up since one does not seem to exist.

Did you black out the reflectors on the bumper then add some to the trailer hitch?
Yes to blacking out the factory reflectors in the bumper. The ones on either side of the hitch are actually LED’s wired to my reverse lights and a switch in the cabin. They were cheap and installed about 3yrs ago so they’re showing their age. I’ve been wanting to get the LED’s that replace the reflectors in the bumper and also a pod on a passenger side antenna bracket, but that’s just at the bottom of my priority list.

Yes to blacking out the factory reflectors in the bumper. The ones on either side of the hitch are actually LED’s wired to my reverse lights and a switch in the cabin. They were cheap and installed about 3yrs ago so they’re showing their age. I’ve been wanting to get the LED’s that replace the reflectors in the bumper and also a pod on a passenger side antenna bracket, but that’s just at the bottom of my priority list.

ah nice.

3 new nitro ridge grapplers 295/70 r18
Moved the best of the old tires to the rear for spare. Surprisingly quieter and smoother then the old ones they replaced.
7C9C0CA0-6539-4EBC-B283-C131E43DB035.jpeg
900B26F8-C982-42A8-A736-5919D4FBA08A.jpeg
B5BE0EE0-433D-4ED7-9996-143D5576201E.jpeg

Trying to diagnose a clunking noise from the front driver side, and lucky me.
3584D07B-6D6B-4A47-95DA-E6F3714CF68C.jpeg

The other side Looks the same. This could/ will be the third time in 5 years.
Maybe try the pfran clamps?
FUN TIMES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom