What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also, replaced some more rubber seals:
67881-60111 WEATHERSTRIP, REAR DOOR
68281-60020 WEATHERSTRIP, LIFT GATE
53383-60030 SEAL, HOOD TO COWL TOP

The cowl seal was missing since I got the windshield replaced, but the rear gate ones weren't bad at all. The seals weren't needed and all this money spent made no difference at all :slap:

In other news, I have pretty decent shape rear gate seals available for sale

Last edited:
DT Headers!!

Finally got rid of the annoying exhaust manifold tick. It was pretty bad.

Picked up the headers with a Black Friday deal on Summit Racing. Found a local exhaust shop that does a lot of 100 series. Really good deal on the install and custom exhaust. $600 for the header install and $250 cat back system. Some shops wanted $1200 just for the header install. Crazy.

Used OEM gaskets and replaced all the studs/nuts.

They did a resonator delete and new muffler. Sounds really good. A bit of a drone at certain RPM ranges, but not too bad.

Definitely a bit more peppy. My cruiser can use any performance gains since it is fully built with 33's, drawers, and a RTT.

full

What year model is yours? I have a 98 and want to do the headers so bad, but everything I've found indicates that the DT headers won't fit the 98 for some odd reason.

What year model is yours? I have a 98 and want to do the headers so bad, but everything I've found indicates that the DT headers won't fit the 98 for some odd reason.

I can't 100% confirm they'll fit a '98. but I did have them on my '00. I imagine if there would be any change it would have been for the 03+ or 06+ models. :meh:

Removed the 30mm rear coil spacer and installed a pair of OME 2866 coils. Still rides great with OE Toyota shocks and shouldn't squat so much with a load.

1578927758609.png

The thread on Mud for the second group buy indicates 98-05, at least early in the thread. @Romer headed that project up...maybe he knows, definitively.

Sorry, I don't recall. Not sure what the differences are in that area.

DT Headers!!

Finally got rid of the annoying exhaust manifold tick. It was pretty bad.

Picked up the headers with a Black Friday deal on Summit Racing. Found a local exhaust shop that does a lot of 100 series. Really good deal on the install and custom exhaust. $600 for the header install and $250 cat back system. Some shops wanted $1200 just for the header install. Crazy.

Used OEM gaskets and replaced all the studs/nuts.

They did a resonator delete and new muffler. Sounds really good. A bit of a drone at certain RPM ranges, but not too bad.

Definitely a bit more peppy. My cruiser can use any performance gains since it is fully built with 33's, drawers, and a RTT.

full

full

full

Mind sharing the shop you used for the install?

Oh yeah and prinsu

IMG_20191217_203127.jpg

Long time lurker been meaning to introduce my "new" rig. Put some tires on a few weeks ago. It's a 2000 with 100k, a dealer trade for a new LX570 that must have been kept in the garage its whole life. Got super lucky finding it. Currently running everything stock, this was taken with the AHC on H. Will probably do a suspension swap and add sliders at some point.

LX470.jpg

Last edited:
Long time lurker been meaning to introduce my "new" rig. Put some tires on a few weeks ago. It's a 2000 with 100k, a dealer trade for a new LX570 that must have been kept in the garage it's whole life. Got super lucky finding it. Currently running everything stock, this was taken with the AHC on H. Will probably do a suspension swap and add sliders at some point.

View attachment 2181748
Wow! Nice looking LX - hopefully the insides check out as well as the outsides!

Long time lurker been meaning to introduce my "new" rig. Put some tires on a few weeks ago. It's a 2000 with 100k, a dealer trade for a new LX570 that must have been kept in the garage its whole life. Got super lucky finding it. Currently running everything stock, this was taken with the AHC on H. Will probably do a suspension swap and add sliders at some point.

View attachment 2181748
Do some research here before you rip out the AHC. some say its the superior suspension.

Thanks krice - I'm definitely in no hurry but figure it will be a decision that has to be made at some point.

Bryson - the seats are in amazing shape but I don't have any pics. You do remind me that I took out the third row and added some Land Shark KISS drawers - a fun project that I did over a weekend. You can see that I forgot to stain the end of the panel on the right, also dropped the last bolt to anchor that corner to the frame which is why it's not quite flush with the rest. Gotta clean that up at some point!

1578947061892.png

View attachment 2181748

If the AHC is healthy, why rip it out? It's an exceptionally solid suspension IMO. I ran AHC for years with a fairly loaded LX (front bullbar, winch, sliders, KISS drawer system loaded down with LOTS of tools/parts, fridge, Gamiviti roof rack with lots of stuff on it, etc.). Several others on here run even heavier rigs on AHC with zero issues. Only reason I went conventional was because I started adding a LOT more weight than originally anticipated and an extra heavy conventional setup made more sense. I do miss the ride and adjustability of the AHC though.

Replaced valve cover gaskets along with spark plug tube rings and grommets for the bolts. Easy 1.5 hour job. Spark plug tubes on front cylinders on both banks had a lot of oil and some oil was also seeping from the valve cover onto the exhaust manifold.

Unfortunately, this hasn't fixed the P0171 code I have been getting for a little while. So far I have tried the following:
0) Replaced gas cap with new Toyota OEM
1) Replace MAF with new Toyota OEM
2) Replace PCV, grommet and tube with new Toyota OEM
3) Replaced all spark plugs with Denso
4) Replaced all coils with new YEC Flamma IGC107F
5) Checked all vacuum lines to be in good shape
6) Sprayed intake cleaner around the intake pipe and all lines to see if it would change the RPM (it didn't)

I can see the O2 sensors have probably never been replaced to that would be my next step to check on. Oh, and I should probably hookup the Techstream to see what going on!

The saga of annoying P0171 code continues. Here's what I have tried since then:

7) Replaced the vent hose no 2 because I say a hairline fracture in it: (12262-50030 HOSE, VENTILATION, NO.2)
8) replaced valve cover gaskets along with the PCV grommet (90480-18001 $4.28 PCV grommet)

The two seals that I haven't touched yet are the intake gaskets and the fuel injector gaskets.

16F6B006-DC3C-4D79-894D-017E0CAEE31C.jpeg

Looked like the Rear Main Seal weeps? Read good reviews on the BlueDevil RMSealer, went to O’Reilly and got one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom