What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the trim on my lx is broken as well, any idea where you're going to source new pieces?
Looking at cheap stuff on ebay. Not excited about paying OEM prices.

Drinking and playing with power tools. Apparently the 100 is an Overlund vehicle, so I started building a tactical Overlund drawer system. Finished framing it today, need to build the drawers tomorrow.

20191128_110316.jpg

20191128_122604.jpg

20191128_133719.jpg

20191128_133826.jpg

20191129_071907.jpg

Last edited:
Cleared a neighbors driveway after a tree fell across it on Thanksgiving with my dad. Used Blue Ridge Overland Gear tool bag as a dampener. My good deed for the day.
9928A831-8CE4-4EE8-B11A-B1F7D444CDD4.jpeg
629F2E80-6342-410D-B1EF-13FDF77B0952.jpeg

Those system too lean codes are very hard to fix, sometimes you can clear the code and it'll go away for good, sometimes you can replace just about everything and the code still comes back. We don't fix cars that comes into the shop with that code, along with any evap codes, simply too many things related in order to fix it. O2 sensors would be a good chance to get rid of that if you did the aforementioned
Fixing lc Evap codes is a nightmare. Spent about 2k so far chasing possible symptoms.

Ran about a 12 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil when I had half tank of gas and the P0171 code went away! o_O
Not sure how long that'll last tho

Thanks for the kind words mate, very much appreciated!

Order a set for my LC after seeing his post. They were just delivered.

I have had the catalytic converter sheild resonating noise for a few months now. I installed a 4.25" hose clamp on each cat that reduced the noise but didn't fix it completely.
Today I paid $20 to have the shields tack welded in place. Instantly quiet and smooth!

I was warned that these welds mayn't last for too long. If this comes back, Should I cut off shields and leave the cats free-balling or should I replace them?

We bought new tires for our 2006 Land cruiser VXR V8.
Stock size 275/65/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3s.
AAF8C62A-6A67-418D-8646-109A16979095.jpeg

02EE8DCF-AFDE-473E-B0D8-1741DD5938A8.jpeg

as you can clearly see, I didn’t take good pictures. I might get some when we go camping.

Went and played in the snow to get a Christmas tree. Not the best weather, but it made things more exciting.

IMG_20191129_112616.jpg

The wind was gusting bad and blowing trees over. This one fell blocking the road right as we got there. Luckily enough my small saw wasn't ready to go so I took my big saw. It made short work of that big tree.

IMG-20191129-WA0011.jpg

Installed rack bushings. It was a pain with the rack on and tie rods installed. A mix of ratchet straps, all threads with nuts and washers, lubed up bushings, and the stock hardware they went in. Took a couple hours.

IMG_20191130_151529.jpg

Also fixed tilt motor. The ribbon cable had come out a bit. Pressed it back in and new tape to hold everything tight and my tilt works again.

Was about to install my new AHC springs and spacers, but 35 degree rain making me think I'll wait.

Went and played in the snow to get a Christmas tree. Not the best weather, but it made things more exciting.

View attachment 2146634

The wind was gusting bad and blowing trees over. This one fell blocking the road right as we got there. Luckily enough my small saw wasn't ready to go so I took my big saw. It made short work of that big tree.

View attachment 2146636

Is that proper trail etiquette to cut the tree into pieces and remove it? We had a fallen tree like that one time but we had no chain saw, or a chopping axe for that matter, we just tied it to the front of my truck and pulled it to where it doesn't block the path anymore.

Is that proper trail etiquette to cut the tree into pieces and remove it? We had a fallen tree like that one time but we had no chain saw, or a chopping axe for that matter, we just tied it to the front of my truck and pulled it to where it doesn't block the path anymore.

If you're able to, sure thing. It helps everyone else behind you before rangers can get to it. Once fallen, there's no sort of Flora protection that I'm aware of. I can't imagine any rangers are going to have a problem with a citizen helping out.

Then again, Uncle Sam is getting old and kooky so maybe I'm wrong :meh:

I believe that it is. That was a good size tree and moving it would have taken a lot of time if possible. Not a lot of traction in that wet snow on mud.

At that point etiquette didn't mater. Law made no difference either. The safety of my family was more important. The wind wasn't letting up any time soon and there were beetle killed trees falling all over. The branches falling off the trees were enough to do a lot of damage.

Overlanded so f'in hard to the grocery store get bread & milk with all the other idiots in preparation for the coming snow. Put my DIY storage drawers to the test. Full walk-around to be up on YouTube later. #likeandsubscibe. Can't wait to whip up a delicious bowl of milk bread.

20191201_115134.jpg
DDUESVzVwAAe7qi.jpg

Also fixed tilt motor. The ribbon cable had come out a bit. Pressed it back in and new tape to hold everything tight and my tilt works again.

First I've heard of this, did you access through the little side doors or have to remove the wheel or column trim?

First I've heard of this, did you access through the little side doors or have to remove the wheel or column trim?

I removed the trim around the wheel. I pulled the motor since it wasn't spinning at all and checked the ZIF connector, since the black tape holding it down was a little torn. A little push on the connector and the motor started spinning again. I wrapped it in fresh Tesa tape to keep the connector tight and reinstalled and it tilts well again. All this after I ordered a new motor and then decided to test my old one first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom