What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (117 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used and abused it out in Death Valley

F9A6EC0C-60DE-4690-9127-BE738905C815.jpeg

734A449E-7CFC-4F17-80A5-5DE618EF2D25.jpeg

AE8EF62C-8A60-46F6-A90C-8993D6C55043.jpeg

Had to put spacers on because I didn't have enough clearance between the tire and the control arm for snow chains. I like the way the wider stance looks, but hate the way the tires throw mud. I will take them off in the spring.

I really am liking how tight these cam type chains get. I will probably still use a rubber tensioner though.

View attachment 2142947

What kind of spacers did you use? I'm thinking of getting them for all four wheels to improve stance, but I'm wishy washy on it.

Yup, they are available now. Just haven't had a chance to update the website for 100 Series parts yet. Finally do have a devoted 100 Series section (for upcoming bumpers, etc), just have to start filling it out.

I'll keep an eye on the web site.

What kind of spacers did you use? I'm thinking of getting them for all four wheels to improve stance, but I'm wishy washy on it.

I got these from a buddy that had ordered them but never used them. They are 1.25".

Screenshot_20191127-045330.png

I got these from a buddy that had ordered them but never used them. They are 1.25".

View attachment 2143304

I ran this exact spacers on my LC with no issues, no vibrations, the fronts will snag just a bit on the hub flange's bolts, im not gonna tell you guys how i made it fit because the 100 series nazis here will tell me it's unsafe. But i've wheeled with it and taken it on high speed runs home after eating at Chipotle. I'm still here to post on forums.

Here's how they sit with 275/70/18 tires on stock Tundra +60mm wheel. No rub

26575577729_e24b4594bf_h.jpg

Replaced valve cover gaskets along with spark plug tube rings and grommets for the bolts. Easy 1.5 hour job. Spark plug tubes on front cylinders on both banks had a lot of oil and some oil was also seeping from the valve cover onto the exhaust manifold.

Unfortunately, this hasn't fixed the P0171 code I have been getting for a little while. So far I have tried the following:
0) Replaced gas cap with new Toyota OEM
1) Replace MAF with new Toyota OEM
2) Replace PCV, grommet and tube with new Toyota OEM
3) Replaced all spark plugs with Denso
4) Replaced all coils with new YEC Flamma IGC107F
5) Checked all vacuum lines to be in good shape
6) Sprayed intake cleaner around the intake pipe and all lines to see if it would change the RPM (it didn't)

I can see the O2 sensors have probably never been replaced to that would be my next step to check on. Oh, and I should probably hookup the Techstream to see what going on!

Replaced valve cover gaskets along with spark plug tube rings and grommets for the bolts. Easy 1.5 hour job. Spark plug tubes on front cylinders on both banks had a lot of oil and some oil was also seeping from the valve cover onto the exhaust manifold.

Unfortunately, this hasn't fixed the P0171 code I have been getting for a little while. So far I have tried the following:
0) Replaced gas cap with new Toyota OEM
1) Replace MAF with new Toyota OEM
2) Replace PCV, grommet and tube with new Toyota OEM
3) Replaced all spark plugs with Denso
4) Replaced all coils with new YEC Flamma IGC107F
5) Checked all vacuum lines to be in good shape
6) Sprayed intake cleaner around the intake pipe and all lines to see if it would change the RPM (it didn't)

I can see the O2 sensors have probably never been replaced to that would be my next step to check on. Oh, and I should probably hookup the Techstream to see what going on!

Those system too lean codes are very hard to fix, sometimes you can clear the code and it'll go away for good, sometimes you can replace just about everything and the code still comes back. We don't fix cars that comes into the shop with that code, along with any evap codes, simply too many things related in order to fix it. O2 sensors would be a good chance to get rid of that if you did the aforementioned

Fixing lc Evap codes is a nightmare. Spent about 2k so far chasing possible symptoms.

The challenge is it triggers check engine so if anything else ever happens I’m concerned I wouldn’t know about it. I guess that forces to be on my game on proactive maintenance

Are these causing any actual problems for you, or just the code?
Biggest concern is that it causes the check engine light to come on. Like @Pucker5 said, that makes it hard to know if there is something else going bad too.

Took advantage of some downtime today and installed the LEDs that have been waiting at my parents' for a few days. I went through SBL. Also discovered the 3-pin relay I ordered is wrong, and won't have the proper 8-pin until I get home on Sunday. I'll be that hyper-blinking dork for a few days.

I did all of the rear end lights, though my reverse lights had already been replaced with JDm Astar.

A little disappointed with the brightness of both regular tail lights and brake lights. I was really expecting something more apparent as I've seen some that were nearly blinding. I guess that's a good thing, though. License plate lights were replaced with 'natural white' color LEDs as I can't stand that 'pure white' or 'cool white'; they're too clinical looking to me. Very happy with these.

20191127_151450.jpg

20191127_173659_HDR.jpg

It's kind of weird to me that there's no light in the spot above the inner brake light on the tail gate.

20191127_233851_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Took off the front bumper cover to see how the rust looked behind there. Wasnt as bad as I expected. Hit the metal with a wire brush and wire wheel where I could, applied some Eastwood rust encapsulator, and sprayed fluid film everywhere else.

In the process, sheared off 3 of the bolts holding the bumper cover, broke another part of the fiberglass trim piece, and the connector for the fog lamp on the passenger side.

Good times.
IMG_4749.jpg
IMG_4750.jpg

Took off the front bumper cover to see how the rust looked behind there. Wasnt as bad as I expected. Hit the metal with a wire brush and wire wheel where I could, applied some Eastwood rust encapsulator, and sprayed fluid film everywhere else.

In the process, sheared off 3 of the bolts holding the bumper cover, broke another part of the fiberglass trim piece, and the connector for the fog lamp on the passenger side.

Good times.View attachment 2144593View attachment 2144594
the trim on my lx is broken as well, any idea where you're going to source new pieces?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom