What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ran about a 12 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil when I had half tank of gas and the P0171 code went away! o_O
Not sure how long that'll last tho
Maybe I’m a weirdo but I love the smell of that stuff. Reminds me of being a kid in my Grandfather’s garage.

Finally stitched the leather steering wheel cover up. Much improved over the worn out factory leather!
IMG_20191201_165558.jpg

New wheel bearings packed with mobil1 synthetic grease , front dba brake disks, centric rear disks, new oem pads all around. Snap ring gap was nice and tight and hub flanges were healthy too. Rig has 190k and im almost sure that everything is original. I have some peice of mind knowing that the previous mechanic knew what he was doing. ALTHOUGH.... I had to get new caliper springs in the front because it was rigged with cotter pins and an anti rattle clip on the right front, and on the left the anti rattle clip was missing...(receipts show a quick change brake shop in its past)-a quick trip to napa auto parts and 20$ fixed that.
For those of you that need a fish-scale meter instantly and cant wait for shipping--- go to walmart in the luggage (suitcase) department and get a luggage scale for under 10 bucks. (I think i paid 7 dollars with tax for a analog one).
Next weeks projects are diff fluid changes and removing the front left door card to fix my dead speaker (new infinity one)... I got a feeling its a deteriorated door wire harness... Nbd bc im an aircraft electrician and savy to the search thread and can figure it out.
Sorry no in maintenance pics, but here's a quick garage shot. (Installed dissent no-cut rear 6weeks ago). Still on oem springs and 30-45k old oem height shocks....
Oh. I had 2 hiccups on this process. Last week i popped my outer bearing outbof its race by installing backwards... Hence the new bearing set... And my rear wheel lock was seized and i had to drive down to les schwab and pay 25 dollars for them to bust it. It was a cheapo mcguard lock and the lug key-way stripped 2 security flats... Couldnt source a bolt extractor big enough and instantly so i had to pony up.

IMG_20191201_184825.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these to do. How long did it take you? Any tips?
Here's mine. Looks to be the same. It took me a couple of hours. But I was very meticulous and made sure everything was VERY symmetrical. I wanted it to look flawless, for my sanity. I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I didn't get it right. My OCD. I work with leather, so if you take your time it will work out great. I'm very happy with the quality and look of it. The color is just ever so slightly different, but once it's on it all blends nicely.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

image.jpeg

Here's mine. Looks to be the same. It took me a couple of hours. But I was very meticulous and made sure everything was VERY symmetrical. I wanted it to look flawless, for my sanity. I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I didn't get it right. My OCD. I work with leather, so if you take your time it will work out great. I'm very happy with the quality and look of it. The color is just ever so slightly different, but once it's on it all blends nicely.View attachment 2147585View attachment 2147587View attachment 2147588View attachment 2147590

View attachment 2147586
Couple more with website info
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: KTP
Installed a flasher relay for my new LED lights in the back of the truck.

I guess I'm a moron, because I was expecting the new relay was going to also get rid of the 'tail light out' or 'brake light out' light on the dash. Not so. I guess the option now, short of pulling the bulb from the cluster, is to locate and install resistors for the LED bulbs or find CANBUS bulbs to replace what I have.

Ugh...

Thanks :) Wheels are off a 2016 200 series. Needed spacers to clear the hubs with these specific rims (not just for the caps)
Thanks :) Wheels are off a 2016 200 series. Needed spacers to clear the hubs with these specific rims (not just for the caps)
Hi I recently bought 2020 Land Cruiser wheels & Tires for my 04 LX470 and tried to have them installed but they did not clear the front hubs, what size spacers did you use and did the center caps fit with no issues after using the spacers?
Thanks!

Yep, same brand as mine. Your stitching looks great! Quite a bit tighter than mine I'd say, but I think mine'll last.

Did you both remove the OEM cover prior to installing the Loncky? Did you remove the OEM foam?

Hi I recently bought 2020 Land Cruiser wheels & Tires for my 04 LX470 and tried to have them installed but they did not clear the front hubs, what size spacers did you use and did the center caps fit with no issues after using the spacers?
Thanks!

1.25" spacers. I am running the spidertraxx from SLEE. I will also respond to your PM shortly

Installed a Trail tailor drop diff.

Installed the pax side UCA. The drivers side UCA spacer from SPC decided to play hide and seek and it won. Spent 3+ hours looking for it. Ended up ordering a new one from SPC. Should be in by Thursday.

Anyone use zip ties for the inner tie rod boot? Ordered a few clamps but one was to small one was to big and very limited space to crimp it using a cv boot clamp tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom