What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where'd you get these poly bushings?

It's the Whiteline W13210 bushings most of the mudders use. I've bought it on ebay - but I live in eastern europe, so everything is harder to source. In the USA I imagine you can just pick it up from your local car parts store off the shelf:D
Superpro (more expensive) and Pedders (chinese) also make these bushings.

Took the kiddo to the mountains for a little hiking and kayaking.

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

265k update. It’s not a 25-year service life on my 2000 LX470, it’s a 20!
Replaced front diff again. Somewhere along the way (probably at last CV joint update)? The fluid made its way somewhere else. Was driving on the highway and started hearing a horrible whirring. Stopped at an autozone to replace the fluid. Opened the drain plug. Nothing came out.
Did the steering rack (Detroit axle) lower ball joints and upper control arms).
Replaced broken rear shock.
Replaced power steering lines, both had a small leak.
New front bearings inside and out, washers and a wheel stud and hub that broke in process.
Replaced ac condenser; realized compressor was also going; replaced that. Blew ice cubes, 41 degrees f at the vents. After a long weekend it struggled; found leak in rear evap, replaced that. Picked it up; the rear fan stopped working; gonna take it back and they are eating the 4 hours to take it apart again and check the fan connection. Blew nearly a liter of oil out of system most likely from a few dozen cans of Freon. (It’s florida!)
Replaced alternator.
Replaced battery (red top).
Replaced brake switch.
Replaced (under warranty) one CV axle - one year old - with torn boot. Ate the labor time (mine).
Other one now has torn boot.
Never buy aftermarket from cruiserparts.
Wish I’d have listened.
This ones out of warranty.
Remaining:
Replace steering wheel; looks like gophers ate it.
Unstick sunroof.
Tires have about a year left (wow!)
Replace passenger side cv axle with OEM, reboot the s***ty one for a spare.
Somehow find the tulip key that discount tire lost so I can drop the spare; or just take all the bolts out and cut the damn thing off.
I could have bought a 200 with what I’ve spent in the last 3 years, or just a low-mileage baby without the issues.
Here’s to hoping for another 260k, and another 20 years!

This was my exact experience + some more with brakes, M/C unit, AHC delete, baseline, interior cleaning, bushings here and there. 2002 LX with 170k miles. Amount of money and parts, let alone time could have bought myself a 08 200/570.

Last edited:
Made a winch and amp fuse block using an project enclosure box and ANL fuse holder. The engine cover still fits. Also swapped in a military negative terminal.

B2EE65D9-73FC-4468-97D7-9733EBCE7396.jpeg
10A8D3C4-1D03-4C9D-A4D8-3ADF7CB4FBB2.jpeg

And also filled the living room with seats and interior pieces. Not everyone in the house likes that look:p

16991CA5-BB65-4178-A7FA-23874E4A6CD2.jpeg

Installed my own puddle lights. Same lights I used on the 2006 we used to have. These lights on Amazon were not available for the longest time, finally showed up so got them again. Not fancy, just used some 2" L brackets. Faced them up so there wouldn't be two sort of distinct lit spots on the ground. Pic shows slightly brighter than what they are.

20190721_131655.jpg

Took my daughter to Green Mountain National Forest to camp for three days. Met @kasassy in her Taco. Really nice to be the highest camp up that can only be accessed via high clearance vehicle. Love that my favorite camp buddy and daughter are pros at primitive camping.

IMG_20190718_200119736_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190719_164634030_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190719_092240738_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190718_190058402_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190718_191756599.jpg

Did the spare tire tuck. Got it out of the back, still shows a good bit.

D22FF7F2-E4A4-4412-9171-C0F1C6445A37.jpeg

Got the carpet grommet fixed so the hook stay in.

6941C876-5CE0-4968-9674-42B6FDA76E1F.jpeg

And got my Owl Expedition Mount installed. This thing is stout.

E27408B8-C710-4C05-AB11-DF89A3C9D94B.jpeg

Over the last couple of days I've been detailing. Yesterday I shampooed the carpets, still trying to get the sand out of the floor mats after multiple times with a vacuum and rug doctor. They're bad!

Today I did a polish using HD Speed and a random orbit polisher. I've never done it before and it did OK. Still some scratches and spots that could be better but it's an improvement.

Tuesday morning we head for Stanley, ID to a family reunion. I hope to find some back roads for some fun.

Chris

20190721_165637.jpg

Did the front bearings, races, rotors and pads. Long day for a slow careful wrenched.

Coming soon, new steering rack, bushings, steering intermediate, tie rods, lca’s, bushings, arm reinforcerments, skid plates, new tbar bolts and slugs.

Last edited:
The "Oh Sh**" handle on both driver and passenger sides were loose, easy fix, also tightened the rear view mirror screws which were very loose and not holding position of adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom