What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wilco, WOW all the benefits of a new rear bumper without all the hassle, expense, installation , no mod needed

Wilco, WOW all the benefits of a new rear bumper without all the hassle, expense, installation , no mod needed

I would rather have a new rear bumper, but $500 is a lot cheaper than $2500. It's no way near all the benefits of a rear bumper, but it works for me. There is no real increased protection, you lose departure angle, etc, but I'm more than willing to deal with the shortcomings.

Installed my Speski barrier and got the Wilco tire carrier set up. Hopefully I can finish building the fuel can carrier for it this weekend.

Looks great, quick questions: 1. Can you put the tail gate down when the tire is swung out? 2. What model is this? 3. Do you have a pic from the side? Thanks!

Installed my cb this week. Electrical stuff isn't my strong suit but I got it done. Utilizing industrial Velcro to mount the cb at the moment, so far so good. Can always drill into things later if it fails but didn't feel like doing that just yet.

Looks great, quick questions: 1. Can you put the tail gate down when the tire is swung out? 2. What model is this? 3. Do you have a pic from the side? Thanks!

1. Yes, the tailgate goes all the way down.
2. It's the offset model. Wilco's website says it won't work with a split gate hatch (LX, Land Cruiser), but it will.
3. Not a good one. I'll try to take one tonight.

Last edited:
Finally got away to Moab. Wet wet wet. Did a ton of sliding around on BLM roads, then explored a bit west of Moab itself. Couple of nice 100s in Moab this weekend.

View attachment 1935745

Took a bad line and earned a few trail stripes, too :frown:. Impatience is not the key to good driving. Or maybe good sense? Seems I had neither this weekend.

View attachment 1935746

View attachment 1935747

Anybody know a solid body shop in/near SLC?
Giant trail stripes or not looks like you got a sweet setup!, how do you like the jetboil? we carry a coleman stove but been thinking about one of those for quick coffee in the morning when we take off early.

Added my Thule crossbars. It is a great quality system and very quiet at highway speed.

IMG_1617.jpg

Removed rack and rear spoiler to paint, but I’m digging the bare roof look. Anyone have a lower profile, non-permanent alternative to the 4 factory spoiler bolts you could PM me?

C81EF208-5749-4FA4-A03B-EEC7F101619F.jpeg

68F04D48-B118-4990-A702-925A54421348.jpeg

Giant trail stripes or not looks like you got a sweet setup!, how do you like the jetboil? we carry a coleman stove but been thinking about one of those for quick coffee in the morning when we take off early.

Quick coffee is the reason I got it! Couldn't stand the cheap stuff any more. And thanks, we'll see what the body shop says :rolleyes:

Being a new owner within the past couple months I'm working through my 2005 LC with 190K. So far I've replaced hood struts, cleaned and reconditioned leather, good wash and wax, fixed the telescoping steering wheel, changed fluids in front and rear diffs and transfer case and replaced the driver's door lock actuator.

Next projects include TB/WP. Heater tees. Flush power steering and transmission. I also found one spot of rust on the passenger side of the windshield. I'm going to get the windshield removed and see how much work I need to do following 2001LC's post on his windshield. Then lift, skids, sliders and tires. Hoping to be on the trails this summer.

I LOVE my JetBoil. Perfect for quick coffees in the morning. But, I also use it to quickly boil water for the Mountain House bag meals I carry on trips. Makes for super quick breakfasts with hardly any cleanup.

I LOVE my JetBoil. Perfect for quick coffees in the morning. But, I also use it to quickly boil water for the Mountain House bag meals I carry on trips. Makes for super quick breakfasts with hardly any cleanup.

To pile on: we lost power last night in a storm, so I made coffee on my tailgate this morning in the apartment parking lot.

My Icon Stage 3 shocks came in!

First box opened. Stage 3 rear shocks!!! Awesome!!!

Second box opened. Stage 1 front shocks!!! Not awesome.

Icon labeled the box wrong for the front shocks. :frown:

Icon is working with me to get the right ones here but there will be no sweet icons going on my 470 this weekend.:confused:

Gotta say I’m impressed just holding the rears in my hands though. I can’t wait to get them on!!! Hopefully not too much longer.

View attachment 1938170

View attachment 1938171

View attachment 1938172

I'll be very interested in your impression of this system compared to current. You're coming from TD 53/45s, correct?

I'll be very interested in your impression of this system compared to current. You're coming from TD 53/45s, correct?
Close, Iron Man Foam Cell Pros(Jason was out of 53s when I was getting ready for HIHs last year)and TD 45s.
To be clear I really, really, like my current setup. No real complaints, but the possibility of getting another 3/4”+ of droop up front plus adjustability has sucked me into the Icons. Playing with the front will be interesting. It will be a fun comparison.

Last edited:
Removed rack and rear spoiler to paint, but I’m digging the bare roof look. Anyone have a lower profile, non-permanent alternative to the 4 factory spoiler bolts you could PM me?

I ordered these. Looks like I need different washers that don't rust.

I ordered these. Looks like I need different washers that don't rust.

View attachment 1939599
I bet you could find a bag of black plastic inner fender type retainers that would fit in those threads and give it that finished look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom