What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the link to where you sourced those? Looking to give mine a refresh. Thanks
If you cut a small hole in the rubber sleeve surrounding the cable in the middle or “elbow”, water should drain out of the sleeve when the tailgate is up to avoid rust growing at the “elbow”, thus prolonging the life of the new cable.

I did some minor work on my LX the past few weeks. I'm an engaged novice, hoping that nothing major comes along before I'm ready to figure it out. It's been a fun few weeks of ownership.

I ordered these LED lights for the interior:
$4 - Cutequeen map lights 4pk
$8 - Cutequeen 48LED dome light 2pk
$9 - Aucan LED wedges 10pk
Pretty happy with the transition - all lights including door courtesy lights now bright, clinical white LED. Everyone shades their brow at the appalling brightness, but I just look around with the glare in my eyes.

Added this Introtech Hexomat second row mat. Like the thick, flexible rubber and the fit is very good. The hex pattern is not visually appealing, but I can already see crumbs from the kids snacks gathering so, function over form. I will add the same brand mat to the cargo area before hitting the road this summer.

Added the little console pocket; just need to figure out what should go in there.

I was surprised and delighted at the extra two cup holders that flip down from the center console lid.

I ordered and received one of the little plastic covers - 3rd seat cushion lock. It's gray, I couldn't find it in the taupe color the rest of the plastic is. It really bugs me.

Used a little bit of Plasti-Dip Vinyl Leather Repair on a few small rips/creases in the drivers seat. That was probably a mistake, it looks like ass - but at least the rips are sealed. I will probably continue using it as it seems durable and flexible. I've got Lseat covers in my sights but probably not until we come back from our big road trip through Utah this summer.

My father in law is not impressed with the condition the paint job is in. But as soon as I erase the scratches from the sides of the car I am sure he will come around. I spent a good deal of time using some 3000 and 5000 grit sandpaper and a bunch of the Mequiars Scratch X (4oz bottles for $2 at Autogeek). This is proving effective but time consuming. I should've taken before and after pictures. I'm waiting on some polishing compound and buffing pads to move ahead. I found this video to be very helpful:

More boring stuff. Properly routed the satellite antenna for my onyX Plus Sirius from the back of the truck, down to the center console. I bought a hard-wire kit for the onyX, with the intent to tap one of cigarette lighter ports. Although there definitely is power at the ports, the hard-wire kit would not power the unit. This is the second hard-wire adapter I’ve tried that has been defective. I ended up using the cigarette lighter port and will try a different hardwire kit at some point.

Started mounting lights in the bumper. These 2 took me most of the day to figure out a housing and get mounted.

IMG_20190324_184810301.jpg

Installed the updated rear window wiper, added some sound deadener/absorbent bits to cup holder, and added some amber LEDs to front grille.
IMG_7291[1].JPG
IMG_7229[1].JPG

After buying our LX back in August and shortly thereafter a mityvac, I'm finally getting around to playing around with the mityvac and baselining all the fluids. Was able to flush the power steering, AHC system and flush a couple quarts out of the transmission a lot quicker and cleaner than had I not used it.

Old AHC fluid was absolutely filthy. Odometer is sitting at about 126k and I doubt the fluid had ever been changed. It looked a little greenish/black coming out of the reservoir and bleed points.

IMG_20190323_124548.jpg

IMG_20190323_125228.jpg

Using the mityvac to pull fluid directly through the steering rack is money. Besides pulling the power steering reservoir off and giving it a thorough cleaning, this part took minutes.

IMG_20190323_154149.jpg

looks great, how long did the needle thread take
Thanks.
The sewing took a couple of hours, roughly. The kit came with two straight needles that worked well, but a curved one came in handy towards the end, when the cover was getting tight. Also, I'm sure it would have gone quicker if I didn't do the baseball stitching.

Installed the winch on a hidden plate. Haven't wired anything up yet.
20190324_172211.jpg
20190324_172216.jpg
20190324_172224.jpg

Added the little console pocket; just need to figure out what should go in there.

I spent $20 on that pocket too after I removed AHC switch. Kind of useless. Should have spent it on pizza or beer.

IMG_0131.jpg

My first post on this site. Thanks to all the informative posts, pictures and discussions. I have been reading and learning as much as I can about my 2007 LC, now with 134,517. Great weekend and just completed:
Spark plugs
Ignition coils
Air filters
Front and rear differential fluid change
Transfer case fluid change
Transmission: drained ATF, dropped the pan, replaced filter, new gasket, flushed the tranny :)

Sent the 100 off to GAS in Woodstock GA for baseline and some repairs I don't have time for. New center console (who knew the Toyota center console with cup holder was so cheap!!?!?!)

Installed my new Massive adjustable single/dual ditch light mount kit. Yes, the test lights are big and bulbous but they're just for mock up. Baja Designs S2 Pro's are on the way. Will be running dual ditch lights on each side.

100DLMK-6.jpg
100DLMK-5.jpg

Installed my new Massive adjustable single/dual ditch light mount kit. Yes, the test lights are big and bulbous but they're just for mock up. Baja Designs S2 Pro's are on the way. Will be running dual ditch lights on each side.

View attachment 1937682View attachment 1937683
The BD Squadron pros will be WAAAAAAAAY too much light for that purpose. I have 4 of them on the front of my R1200GS and it turns night into day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom