What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The BD Squadron pros will be WAAAAAAAAY too much light for that purpose. I have 4 of them on the front of my R1200GS and it turns night into day.

Not the squadrons.. the S2's

I replaced my driver and passanger window buttons with 10$ ones of Aliexpress, because the old ones were toast. It works perfect now

I replaced my driver and passanger window buttons with 10$ ones of Aliexpress, because the old ones were toast. It works perfect now

Please provide more details. The buttons in my daughters 99 are so sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I did some minor work on my LX the past few weeks. I'm an engaged novice, hoping that nothing major comes along before I'm ready to figure it out. It's been a fun few weeks of ownership.

I ordered these LED lights for the interior:
$4 - Cutequeen map lights 4pk
$8 - Cutequeen 48LED dome light 2pk
$9 - Aucan LED wedges 10pk
Pretty happy with the transition - all lights including door courtesy lights now bright, clinical white LED. Everyone shades their brow at the appalling brightness, but I just look around with the glare in my eyes.

I just pieced together my LED's for the inside as well. On the rear, did you have any difficulty getting the bulb to fit? The OEM I took out seems to have the end pinched to fit into a slot in my tabs. I can't seem to get the replacements to fit.

Also, for anyone w/ the drop down DVD, you don't need the 48LED bulb, you need two of the map lights.

My Icon Stage 3 shocks came in!

First box opened. Stage 3 rear shocks!!! Awesome!!!

Second box opened. Stage 1 front shocks!!! Not awesome.

Icon labeled the box wrong for the front shocks. :frown:

Icon is working with me to get the right ones here but there will be no sweet icons going on my 470 this weekend.:confused:

Gotta say I’m impressed just holding the rears in my hands though. I can’t wait to get them on!!! Hopefully not too much longer.

9F61CD35-0BEA-4169-A64F-817E49C38C63.jpeg

BB7DD729-F4AD-43D3-80F9-BE2E7DDC32E3.jpeg

E33C30EA-AC97-42C9-B5AA-05218F9397CF.jpeg

I just pieced together my LED's for the inside as well. On the rear, did you have any difficulty getting the bulb to fit? The OEM I took out seems to have the end pinched to fit into a slot in my tabs. I can't seem to get the replacements to fit.

Also, for anyone w/ the drop down DVD, you don't need the 48LED bulb, you need two of the map lights.

I had a little trouble with each - it just felt a little fiddly getting the end to sit in the dimple/slot/hole on the one tab without popping out. But I didn't notice anything special about the rear versus the front. Sorry - good luck!

Fresh rubber! 275/70/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. I don't know if my old Goodyears were just worn (1/2 tread remaining) and loud, or if these tires are just that quiet, but the ride and road noise has improved dramatically!

DSCF4868-HDR-2.jpg

Still gonna be a ton of super bright white light!

The s2 pros are 20w. I'll be going with the s2 sports which are only 13w. Also, amber lenses will cut the output a bit. Should be a perfect setup.

The buttons are slow or the motors/regulators are slow. My drivers window switch is so loose it goes down if I hit a hard bump.
That’s the problem I had. Loose buttons that either would be very sensitive or wouldn’t work at all. I would lower my window and wouldn’t be able to bring it back up.
The front passenger one just stopped working completely.

Got this of AliExpress:
US $14.22 10% OFF|Car styling ITYAGUY Electric Power Window Switch For Toyota Land Cruiser 1998 2002 100 4700 84820 60130 8482060130-in Car Switches & Relays from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group (Driver Buttons)
US $7.55 16% OFF|LARBLL 84810 60050 New Right Master Power Window Control Switch for Toyota Land Cruiser 4.7L 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 8481060050-in Car Switches & Relays from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group (Front Passanger)

Changed them in 15 minutes, just need to swap the fake wood trim and plug it back in the door.
Now all buttons work perfectly.
The buttons were a bit pricy, 20$ in total, but they do their job so i’m glad.

Please provide more details. The buttons in my daughters 99 are so sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.
It probably is because of the window regulators. My windows are also pretty slow on my 99’ compared to my 08’, but it doesn’t bother me thaat much

That’s the problem I had. Loose buttons that either would be very sensitive or wouldn’t work at all. I would lower my window and wouldn’t be able to bring it back up.
The front passenger one just stopped working completely.

Got this of AliExpress:
US $14.22 10% OFF|Car styling ITYAGUY Electric Power Window Switch For Toyota Land Cruiser 1998 2002 100 4700 84820 60130 8482060130-in Car Switches & Relays from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group (Driver Buttons)
US $7.55 16% OFF|LARBLL 84810 60050 New Right Master Power Window Control Switch for Toyota Land Cruiser 4.7L 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 8481060050-in Car Switches & Relays from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group (Front Passanger)

Changed them in 15 minutes, just need to swap the fake wood trim and plug it back in the door.
Now all buttons work perfectly.
The buttons were a bit pricy, 20$ in total, but they do their job so i’m glad.

Was it the buttons or the regulators?

Why would the button make the window slow? It's a motor issue, is it not?

Was it the buttons or the regulators?
For me, the problem was the buttons. As I said, my windows still have a average to slow speed, but that does not bother me. If your buttons work flawlessly, then it’s the window motor you might want to replace, if you want faster windows

Installed my Speski barrier and got the Wilco tire carrier set up. Hopefully I can finish building the fuel can carrier for it this weekend.

Interesting choice. How much did you end up paying for the Wilco tire carrier? Can you carry fuel cans/rotopax on it too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom